PDA

View Full Version : Doom

SomethingBig
07-27-2005, 03:30 AM
When I first heard about DooM from IGN, they showed a picture of the cast. I was already against the idea of a live-action movie, mainly because the Rock is in it. But a trailer was recently released and I must say, I'm very pleased.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/636/636398p1.html

Doom fans might actually like it. I thought it was going to be a Resident Evil, but I just may be proven wrong.

ZeZipster
07-27-2005, 03:33 AM
Awesome.

Shoeberto
07-27-2005, 03:46 AM
If they hadn't completely raped the entire premise behind the game, yeah, I might agree.

Of course I'll see it, though.

edit: Well, on second thought, maybe they did do some revisions between six months ago and now. The whole "All hell breaks loose" thing kind of got me hopeful. And they did decide to have the whole thing on Mars after all, as opposed to what was originally stated. So maybe I don't need to freak out.

Tama2
07-27-2005, 03:58 AM
NO PORTAL TO HELL. What kind of Doom is this. I'll end up watchin it anyways though. :p

Captain Maxx Power
07-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Real Imps. Not CGI Imps, really imps. Guys in full make-up and body suits. Thank fudge for that!

Meat Puppet
07-27-2005, 09:39 PM
maybe he'll do the people's elbow

Moose Knight
07-28-2005, 12:03 AM
This movie would be better if it had Bruce Cambell starring and was made on a $100,000 budget.

Tama2
07-28-2005, 01:30 AM
This movie would be better if it had Bruce Cambell starring and was made on a $100,000 budget.
The good old days.
"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart"

Captain Maxx Power
07-28-2005, 12:18 PM

If Bruce appears as any of the demons I'll officially name this film the greatest ever created.

krissy
07-29-2005, 01:03 AM
...the human genome has already been mapped

:\

Darth Tjador
08-04-2005, 08:58 PM
love it its so awesome:D

Erdrick Holmes
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
This looks SO stupid. You can't have Doom without Hell. And it has the Rock, a man who cannot act to save his own life, the credit should'nt say "Starring the Rock" it should just be honest and say "Most of the time the camera is pointed at the Rock". The monsters look cool but that's about it.

Slothy
08-05-2005, 01:13 AM
This looks SO stupid. You can't have Doom without Hell. And it has the Rock, a man who cannot act to save his own life, the credit should'nt say "Starring the Rock" it should just be honest and say "Most of the time the camera is pointed at the Rock". The monsters look cool but that's about it.

He may not be a great actor, but it could be worse. It could star Hulk Hogan :D .

Necronopticous
08-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Personally I think the Rock is a good choice. He even kind of looks like the Doom marine. Let's face the facts, though. This is a video game movie.

Tama2
08-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Personally I think the Rock is a good choice. He even kind of looks like the Doom marine. Let's face the facts, though. This is a video game movie.

and so it will be lame 'cos Hollywood made it. :cry:

leon123
08-11-2005, 08:40 PM
awsomedid you say doom movie

Shoeberto
08-13-2005, 03:52 AM
News, everybody.
WASD.TV has some exclusive footage of the panel at Quakecon regarding the movie.

You can find it here. (http://www.wasd.tv/?p=8)
It's 47 minutes long, but I'd say it's worth it. Quick overview of what happens:
- There's two sets of footage shown. One is the extended trailer, which looks really badass. Another is a big sequence of the first person perspective stuff they tried. It may seem like a cheap gimmick in the trailer, but it's awesome in the sequence.
- The Rock isn't the star. He plays Sarge. The Doom Guy is played by someone else. Just for those of you that are worried that it'll be a Rock movie.
- There are CG effects, but it's all well blended together with the traditional makeup FX stuff.
- The studio guy constantly jumps around the issue of the story, meaning it'll probably suck. Shame, really.
- Confirmed monster appearances are Imps, Pinky Demons, and Hell Knights.
- Weapons are authentic to the game.
- Set is authentic to the game.

Watching this video has me very excited about the movie.

SomethingBig
08-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Taken from IGN.

Something has gone wrong at a remote scientific research station on Mars. All research has ceased. Communication has failed. And the messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's a level 5 quarantine, and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad—hardened Marines armed to the teeth with enough firepower to neutralize any enemy ... or so they think.

The research being done at Olduvai station has unwittingly opened a door, and all hell has broken loose. A legion of nightmarish creatures of unknown origin lurks behind every wall and stalks the countless rooms and tunnels of the facility, killing what few people remain.

Sealing off the portal to Earth, Sarge (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), Reaper (Karl Urban) and their team must use every weapon at their disposal—and some they find along the way—to carry out their orders: nothing gets out alive.