PDA

View Full Version : Egm rumors

soapy_jack23
07-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Ok people I want to know your opinion on this rumour(ff7 remake)

Please don't say why it should or shouldnt be made. Just please discuss if you think it will be made based on this rumour and educated guess. State reasons you think it may or may not be made etc.
I know that it isn't official but I will say my reasons for believing this rumour.

1. Square would make millions doing it. Bussiness is bussiness you know.

2. Fairly easy to make considering it's all there just update to ps3 graphics. (but that is a feat on it's own)

3.Myself I am a 24 years old and been reading EGM every month since I was 12. In this time I have noticed them to be true 90% of the time and 100% right when they ephisize the fact that a product is coming out. In fact only time I can think of them being wrong is when they said nintendo will have a cd-rom drive like sega cd(kinda true)

4.Sqare is whoring out that paticular game this year(movies and spin off related to ff7). Wouldn't it be common sence to remake the original game to cash in on all this publicity and advertisement for this pacticular IP?

5.Sony would probally fund half if not all devolpment cost for this game
if it could have an exclusive near launch. It would show the power of thier system and bring in alot of clientle (japanese would go nuts for it and we know sony loves japan)

6.The gaming press has been saying for the last year that we will see less risk in new IP's with the new generation of consoles due to the high cost of devolpment. I predict that alot of older games will be remade in this generation due to the fact that new IP's are risky. Teams of devolpers are said to jump 200%.

OK now you have heard my reasons for it and yes you might say I am biased when it comes to EGM, since I have been reading it for 12 years and you are probally right. But remember that square also said that they will never do a sequal for any of their games(people that have been playing games for a long time will know this to be true) and then they made X-2 (another game EGM said will come out six months before it was officially anounced. I wouldn't be supprised if EGM has reliable sources that work for square-enix)

So let me know what you think and please no talk of gafixworez or the reason why it should or shouldn't be remade.

If you believe the statement by square that's fine with me just say so. Don't flame me etc cause I have a differant opinion. Lets have a muture post about this issue so it doesnt get locked like the last one.

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2005, 04:51 AM
1. Square says it wont be.

2. Square says they arent making any remakes for things that can be played on current systems.

3. Square says no.

4. Square has said, over and over again, that they arent.

That pretty much sums it up.

soapy_jack23
07-27-2005, 04:57 AM
. Square says they arent making any remakes for things that can be played on current systems

Square said this? When did they say this? Just curious cause if this exact quote has been said recently then I would point in the direction of my opinion. That it is a very good choice of words considering ps3 isn't current.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-27-2005, 04:58 AM
5. In their latest issue, EGM have acknowledged Points 1-4 and still stated that they have it "on very, very good authority" that the opposite is true and a remake is coming.

It doesn't matter, really. Even if EGM were just spouting crap, Square could still change their minds at any time.

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2005, 04:59 AM
. Square says they arent making any remakes for things that can be played on current systems

Square said this? When did they say this? Just curious cause if this exact quote has been said recently then I would point in the direction of my opinion. That it is a very good choice of words considering ps3 isn't current.

PS3 is completly backwards compatible. They said they will NOT be remaking any game that can still be played on the current (current at any time) system. They said this many times in interviews, feel free to go look it up yourself if you dont believe me.

Or you can look up the more current things where Square says, over and over, that the tech demo does not mean they're remaking FFVII, and that they are, indeed, not remaking FFVII.

edit: And I'll believe it when Square says it. Until then, I dont care if EGM or JUMP or whatever says it til they're blue in the face. When Square says it, I'll believe it.

soapy_jack23
07-27-2005, 05:29 AM
edit: And I'll believe it when Square says it. Until then, I dont care if EGM or JUMP or whatever says it til they're blue in the face. When Square says it, I'll believe it.

Spoken exactly how I want this thread to be: opinions stated and not jumping at each others throats, plus you also stated your reason's for your opinion. Thank you :)

But remember that square also said that they will never do a sequal for any of their games(people that have been playing games for a long time will know this to be true) and then they made X-2 (another game EGM said will come out six months before it was officially anounced.

Just a reminder though about the fact that square has went back on what it has said in the past.

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

edit:sorry new to this whole forum thing won't happen again :)

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2005, 05:43 AM
I dont remember Square ever saying, conclusively, that they wouldnt make a sequel. I think it was just a given that they never would.

Regardless, I know they go back on things, and it's certainly possible that they'll go back on what they said about remakes. However, I'll wait until they say it. That's my big thing. I dont like the logic of "Oh, Square says they wont do this, but they probably will anyway because..." I'd rather wait until they say so, because the logistics of doing otherwise dont sit well with me.

XSabinX
07-31-2005, 07:05 AM
I read that issue yesterday and I did in fact see what EGM wrote. I have seen the tech demo and i was like :eek: . So after reading the EGM magazine and seeing that tech demo, im really trying to just convince myself that square will put it out.

DJZen
08-05-2005, 06:49 AM
2. Fairly easy to make considering it's all there just update to ps3 graphics. (but that is a feat on it's own)

That would not be easy. The FUN part of making the game (planning everything out) is over, all that's left is the drudgery of codebusting, and on the PS3, well....

6.The gaming press has been saying for the last year that we will see less risk in new IP's with the new generation of consoles due to the high cost of devolpment. I predict that alot of older games will be remade in this generation due to the fact that new IP's are risky. Teams of devolpers are said to jump 200%.

While I'm not sure what new IPs are, these two points kind of contradict each other. The development of a game is the hard part. They'd have to pretty much re-do everything from scratch for the new system. If you watch the tech demo, you can see that everything is very highly detailed. In fact, that's how you can tell it's a tech demo, it looks too good to be true. Now imagine that same level of detail applied to the whole game. I'm not saying I wouldn't think it was cool if they actually did it, I can just see why they might not want to. Poor Squenix, their existance is one big catch 22...