PDA

View Full Version : what happens to reeve?

maxsexcity
07-27-2005, 09:21 AM
the last time we see him is being taken off by scarlet and hein... or by soldiers, did they execute him? if thats the case caith sith would have died and also if he is still alive why did caith sith just dont tell the others where he is?

Mercen-X
07-27-2005, 10:16 AM
He was headed to Kalm near the end of the game as I remember.

Big D
07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Reeve obviously survived, since he organised the evacuation of Upper Midgar. The soldiers probably just put him in a cell, then when Heidegger and Scarlet were killed aboard the Proud Clod he'd likely have been released, because Shinra's entire command structure was shot to heck.

boys from the dwarf
07-27-2005, 11:36 AM
in what point of the game does it say cait sith is controlled by reeve.i know ges being controlled by a shinra but why reeve?

Big D
07-27-2005, 11:42 AM
When Reeve gets 'arrested' by Scarlet and Heidegger, right before the crew parachute into Midgar. Reeve gets all fuddled 'cause he's trying to talk in his formal 'Reeve voice' to the Shinra guys, while using his hillbilly 'Cait Sith voice' with the heroes. Barret even says, "You're busted Reeve!" once it's clear that Shinra's going to arrest Reeve for aiding the people he's supposed to be spying on.

Dreddz
07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
EDIT BY BoB: That was not neccesary! That wasn't even funny!

Squall of SeeD
07-27-2005, 05:28 PM
When Reeve gets 'arrested' by Scarlet and Heidegger, right before the crew parachute into Midgar. Reeve gets all fuddled 'cause he's trying to talk in his formal 'Reeve voice' to the Shinra guys, while using his hillbilly 'Cait Sith voice' with the heroes. Barret even says, "You're busted Reeve!" once it's clear that Shinra's going to arrest Reeve for aiding the people he's supposed to be spying on.

Actually, you've got that a little bit out of order. While true that he gives his identity away by accidentally using Cait Sith's Kansai dialect with Scarlet and Heiddeger, and his own Kanto dialect with AVALANCHE, Barret doesn't say "You're busted, Reeve!" in regard to him being arrested, but, rather, in regard to his identity being revealed. Note that Reeve was trying to cover up his slip-up before Barret said that, and immediately after, Barret says ""Too late tryin' to hide it now...." It's still a couple of minutes after that before Reeve gets arrested.

Fonzie
07-27-2005, 05:46 PM
And once again Seed clears everything up for us.

KoShiatar
07-27-2005, 10:02 PM
We know that Reev is alive since we see Cait Sith in Advent Children; however, we also see him in person in Dirge of Cerberus. At a certain point, Vincent names a "meeting place with Reeve" or something like that.

Masamune·1600
07-27-2005, 10:35 PM
As already mentioned, the fact that Cait Sith continues to function for the entire game suggests that no harm came to Reeve. We know, by the way, exactly what happens to him at the end of FFVII, since Cait Sith explicity reveals the information.

After the characters return to the Highwind at the end of Disc 2:

Barret: Well lookey-here. The Shinra Manager's come back.

Cait Sith: Uh, excuse me but... I wanted to come with the main group, but I
couldn't get away...... SO some people in Midgar took me in. I know I have a
stuffed animal body, but I'll work really hard!

Also already mentioned is Reeve's direct appearance in Dirge of Cerberus, which occurs after Advent Children. So, Reeve is still clearly active in the events of Gaia at least three years after the end of FFVII.

Beclem
07-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I wonder where Reeve went on 'vacation' to at the beginning of the game, hmmm.

Oh, and the news that he is in Dirge of Cerberus excites me. :D