PDA

View Full Version : Can any1 play FF 7 on mac?????

Jorj
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
I posted this on other sites and almost figured it out.... but I figured I try you guys?
I have the ps1 game but I tried to figure out how to play it on my mac.
I got the emulator pcsx, popped the disc in and all was good... until the first battle came up and it froze...... I tried ff9 but it was al scrambled. Any Ideas???
I have a Imac G5....
ez

Cruise Control
07-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Ditch the macintrash!

0mNiS|aSh
07-27-2005, 05:13 PM
get a windows emulator and the PC version of the game

Jorj
07-27-2005, 05:32 PM
please............my imac g5 aint trash homie :shoot:

any way..........what do you mean by windows emulator???
:tonberry:

0mNiS|aSh
07-27-2005, 06:04 PM
an emulator that emulates the windows system.
some references

www.emulator-zone.com
www.zophar.net

you could also get ePSXe on emulator zone, a playstation emulator, and just play the discs from there. but I have no idea if it's mac compatible.

Shoeberto
07-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Does ePSXe have a build for Mac? I'd imagine it does. ePSXe > any other PS1 emulator.

Get the plugins config'ed correctly and you should be ready to roll.

bipper
07-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Well there WAS a huge petition to get it on the mac but we were one Signature short -- WHERE WERE YOU THEN!

no we had plenty but we were ignored. I signed it - even though i am all pc/linux.

But yeah just find a mac specific ps 2emulator. Or get a distro of yellow dog linux :) and read up on how to run windows programs native on a linux os. Then, when you got it all set, FFvII will finally be remade and rereleased anyways :) lol.

I say ps2, cause the ps2 emmys are usually more stable than ps one for various reasons.

Good luck!

Bipper

Jorj
07-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Good lookin out!!!
I coped a ps1 emulator but it didnt' work right.
I will look into a ps2 emu....
I didnt' even know they had them???
fwakyah!!!!! :shoot:

Shoeberto
07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
They do, but they aren't up to running standards. I'm assuming the PS2 emulator thing he typed was a typo, since it's not really what you need in this situation.

Installing Yellow Dog Linux and getting a Linux build of ePSXe would be ideal if a Mac is your only option for playing it.

raskerino
07-29-2005, 07:36 PM
If u get connectix (I think there is a downloadable version) and buy a controller that connects into your mac you can play most ps1 games on your mac. The company that made it was bought and closed down but at the pscx, flarestorm site I'm pretty sure there is a version...
Hope this helps :D

bipper
07-30-2005, 10:59 AM
They do, but they aren't up to running standards. I'm assuming the PS2 emulator thing he typed was a typo, since it's not really what you need in this situation.

Installing Yellow Dog Linux and getting a Linux build of ePSXe would be ideal if a Mac is your only option for playing it.

Naw, Ps2 emmys run great :mad: this was a semi joke but with the release of 0sX being a little newer. Simply put running a ps 2 emmy would give him the backwards compadabilty for the game. Also from what I heard like 3 months afer ps2 came out is that emulation was actually easier for the -s2 than it predecessor. /shrug

and since he has a g5 i doubt he wants to turn the computer into a souper playstation lol. Never know now adays though. Yellow dog is kinda lax though ;) I run it on an old II si i have for a ir term. And thats all she does -_- lol

Either way good luck

Bipper