PDA

View Full Version : Fonts

lordblazer
07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry but some people on the forums post in a font either too small or it has a loud colour and its bolded and outlined with another loud colour.IT irritates me.I can't freaking read it.Does this bothers anyone else but me?

Chris
07-28-2005, 06:20 PM
No, not really.

Rase
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Nope. If I can't read it, I just highlight it.

XxSephirothxX
07-28-2005, 06:31 PM
I can think of people who like to use really small fonts, change the color, and sometimes even italicize it. It's annoying, yes, so I usually don't even bother reading it.

-N-
07-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I just skip those posts.

Alive-Cat
07-28-2005, 07:56 PM
It doesn't annoy me. In fact, those people with different fonts are Gods.

ZuZu
07-28-2005, 07:57 PM
some are really nice and some really annoying but people do what they want :cool:

Little Miss Awesome
07-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I don't think orange is too hard to read, and it's my trademark, so, sorry if it annoys/offends anyone but my orange font is here to stay (until I get sick of it or get scolded!)

Tama2
07-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Kamiko uses small font. I can read it fine. It's just hard to tell when a word is bolded or not. Other than that it's fine.

ZeZipster
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
No one here really uses font sizes too small (my monitor is fairly big, you might compensate by toning down your resolution) or colors that don't transist from what I've seen.

Shoeberto
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I just skip those posts.
People must have skipped my posts all of the time.

It bugs me when fonts are hard to read. So I skip them, too.

kikimm
07-28-2005, 09:17 PM
It does bother me, but I still read those posts. They still have, I'm assuming, interesting things to say, so I disregard the font as much as possible.

:D

Aphelion
07-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Nah, I read them anyway. I already suffer from eye-related problems for sitting too close to the monitor... :(

Reles
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Nope doesn't bother me, I haven't seen anyone here make it too difficult. ^.^

Blackmageboi
07-28-2005, 09:54 PM
doesn't bother me! no matter what the colour or font size i read it :D

Old Manus
07-28-2005, 10:06 PM
It's just some new-to-forum-boards-and-want-to-use-the-font-stuff thing.

louby_4eva
07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
If I can't read something because of the colour I highlight it, but there's only one person who writes in a colour I can't read. It's in pink and I use fluffypuff so I can't read it. :(

Smile and Be happy :love:

Tigmafuzz
07-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Monkey

Cz
07-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Font sizes aren't a problem, although sometimes font colours look ugly on the EoFF Classic style. However, they're rarely hard to read so I don't really mind.

Yuffie514
07-28-2005, 11:12 PM
i always use classic style. rarely any problems.

Kakashi509
07-29-2005, 01:55 AM
I just ignore the posts

Doomie
07-29-2005, 01:59 AM
!XOBILE

Better?

Vyk
07-29-2005, 02:09 AM
I'll admit I haven't played with the options much, but here's a newbie question. I mostly just use the quick reply box I've had put at the bottom of threads. But when I do go to advance mode, if you ever select anything to change the font, a dialogue box opens up to input text that you want formatted. Meaning it only formats that particular text. Granted you can then edit till your heart's content. But that means that it's not saved the next time you reply. Meaning you have to select those options EVERY time. A) That's retarded. You people actually do that? @_@ B) Is there a way to make it remember what font settings you want? Or do you have to apply it to each and every post manually?

GooeyToast
07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
I hate it when people use really ultra super tiny fonts with ultra super weird colours that i cant read! omg!

~Keep it gooey~

Mindflare
07-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Readable fonts are nice, but it's hard to judge what's readable these days with multiple forum styles.

Primus Inter Pares
07-29-2005, 08:56 AM
I just ignore the posts
:twak:

I hate it when people use really ultra super tiny fonts with ultra super weird colours that i cant read! omg!

~Keep it gooey~
:twak:

Small fonts are annoying, I just increase the font size :)

Loony BoB
07-29-2005, 10:45 AM
The default font is fine. There is no real point in changing your font in every post, because it only means less people will read it. I don't see the benefit in that. I, too, find it annoying.

Is there a way to make it remember what font settings you want? Or do you have to apply it to each and every post manually?
No. You have to apply it every time. Pointless, in my opinion, unless you don't like people reading your posts...

Colour changes are particularly annoying as we use four different styles at EoFF. Just because it's easy to read in one style doesn't mean it's easy to read in others. At work, I use the simplified style. At home, I use EoFF Classic. When Award Guy is around, he uses EoFF 2005. The font colour changes are awful. I had difficulty reading a few fonts in this thread (I'm at work right now) as it is.

Shlup
07-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Fukuzukuzulu posts in a font I can't read unless I highlight it, but that's just 'cause I use Fluffy Puff.

The Anarchy Angel
07-29-2005, 02:27 PM
I keep my settings on EoFF, so its cool blue and easy to read the light posts.......then sumone writes in navy ¬_¬

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 02:37 PM
It's almost as bad as the thing where people post the same thing atthe end of every single post. We have a SIGNATURE for that.

OM

crazybayman
07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I lIkE iT wHeN pEoPlE dO cOoL tHiNgS wHeN tYpInG lIkE tHiS.

Momiji
07-29-2005, 05:43 PM
If I can't read something because of the colour I highlight it, but there's only one person who writes in a colour I can't read. It's in pink and I use fluffypuff so I can't read it. :(

Smile and Be happy :love:

Hmmmm... The only person I remember that types in pink is Iri Valentine...

Laugh at face of Danger
07-29-2005, 06:01 PM
*stabs*
NEVER

crazybayman
07-29-2005, 06:03 PM
*stabs*
NEVER
oW mY eYe.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-29-2005, 06:06 PM
*stabs*
NEVER
oW mY eYe.
dAmN tHiS kNiFe, I mIsSeD!!

rubah
07-29-2005, 07:27 PM
small fonts are killer. Especially since I sit really far back from the monitor xD

I don't see the point. It's a waste of time having to apply the code every single time just to be 'unique' xD

Back in the old days, you used lime green on black and you LIKED it.

Fuzakeru
07-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Fukuzukuzulu posts in a font I can't read unless I highlight it, but that's just 'cause I use Fluffy Puff.

Hmmmm... The only person I remember that types in pink is Iri Valentine...

Yes. -sigh- And no I don't do it to be 'rebelious cool and unique!' I do it cause I enjoy taking an extra twenty seconds out of every post to center and resize. o.O

I've used pink, aqua-ish, green, orange . . . just depends on my sig's theme. I'm trying to stick to white due to the fact that any other color may be hard for other people to read and I'm trying to be considerate to some level and degree. Iri even said she took the idea from me which was very flattering.

I'd probably leave my font to the left and just resized but then I feel like I'm copying Rye. ^.^ And I don't just do it here, I center all my post in LJ too.

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 10:28 PM
It's a hard life with a strange font, isn't it?

Fuzakeru
07-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Yo da peepz always be dissin' on me, man.

REPRESENT!

boris no no
07-29-2005, 10:31 PM
are your eyes bleeding yet?
blah blah blah
i like cheese
does this hurt??
i know thjat i may start bleeding out of my retinas any second now
but its all okies
its pink

BLEED!!

Loony BoB
07-30-2005, 08:58 AM
I gotta say I often skip Fuza's posts too because of the whole centering thing. It ruins the flow of the thread for me, so I just pretend they aren't there. Centering may well be worse than coloured fonts.

As for 'copying Rye', people were doing that long before Rye was even registered, so I don't think anyone would think you're copying her.

Seriously, though - I think everyone should just stop formatting every post they make because it's nothing but a hassle for the other members. There's a reason we don't have every forum title / thread title with a different font, too. It's just easier when it's all done to a standard.

But people have been doing it for years and I've never been able to stop 'em, so there you go.