PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Tommy Vercetti!

Tidus5
07-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I finished playing San Andreas a couple months ago and I was dissapointed with it. I thought that this game lacked the developed plot/storyline that GTA3 and Vice City did. For most of the game I just felt like CJ was just running around the city for the hell of it. While there were some features I really liked, like being able to work out and the huge amount of vehicles, the end result was a bit lacking. On top of that, the missions didnt seem half as fun as they used to be. I dont know, maybe I'm just more of a fan of the mafia aspect than the gangster aspect. Or maybe Rockstar is just running out of ideas for original missons and plots. I hear their next game is called Bully and its going to be set as a kid in a boarding school. Does anyone else feel frustrated/furious/really wants Tommy Vercetti to come back?

AARGH!! :mad2:

Rengori
07-28-2005, 08:54 PM
He was a hell of a cooler than CJ, that's for sure.

Rye
07-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I dunno about anything GTA, but damn, Tommy had an awesome shirt.

Shoden
07-28-2005, 09:00 PM
CJ is gay i hate him Tommy Vercetti was the best his attitude his style jesus i wanna play VC again

Shoeberto
07-28-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm playing San Andreas right now and I love CJ and the supporting characters. I was unsure of it in the beginning, but once I hit San Fierro I was loving the story and the characters.

Cloud No.9
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
i liked claude far better than tommy. he had that whole silent and cool thing going.

yes his name was claude.

Shoden
07-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Tommy came from rock bottem to very top in vice city the missions were alot more fun than SA's

Shoeberto
07-28-2005, 09:13 PM
You come from rock bottom in all of the games, so that's not really a valid argument.

I can't really see a difference in the fun level of the missions, but maybe that's just me.

Shoden
07-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Cj bored me and Cj wasn't at rock bottem he didn't seem to be a rank till he rejoined the GSH gang

Dreddz
07-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I prefered Vercetti, I liked CJ as well though

Shoden
07-28-2005, 09:23 PM
you cannot get better than Rosenberg for a lawyer lol

VC radio was alot better i hated the radios of San Andreas

Tidus5
07-29-2005, 06:23 AM
I give props to SA for putting Rage Against the Machine on the radio station cause they were a huge band in the early 90s.

I still love in GTA3 where that one radio station is all the music from Scarface. "Push it to the limit....the liiiiiimmmiiiiittt!"

Pure Strife
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Tommy rocked. He had a mullet, he didn't take /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif from anyone and he was just a fun character to play as. I prefered the radios in Vice City too, V-Rock had all the heavy metal and cock-rock you could want in a game. The story, the location and the whole 80's theme were just more appealing to me than this ghetto/rap thing.

Not that CJ or San Andreas were bad or anything, SA is a great game. The gameplay modifications (especially being able to actually climb over walls) were fantastic, and I quite liked the missions. VC was just... cooler.

Shoden
07-29-2005, 08:11 PM
VCPR radio station r teh luff

Psychotic
07-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I loved Tommy Vercetti, I thought he was a great character, and some of the lines he came out with were superb, like "The last thing I needed was this. Maybe the last thing I needed was an enema, but this comes close."

As for CJ, I thought he was pretty cool, but a lot of the supporting characters like Toreno, Zero, The Truth, Maccer, Wuzi, etc. were all a lot more funnier than he was. If the game had stayed in Los Santos throughout, I think there would be have been more development of CJ, but of course, the different cities are great and I will gladly take gameplay over story.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I loved Vice City, yet was swiftly bored of San Andreas.

I did prefer Tommy to CJ, but I think I just preferred the theme of VC more than SA.

So, sure, bring Tommy back, as long as the theme comes with him.

Shoeberto
07-29-2005, 10:43 PM
As for CJ, I thought he was pretty cool, but a lot of the supporting characters like Toreno, Zero, The Truth, Maccer, Wuzi, etc. were all a lot more funnier than he was. If the game had stayed in Los Santos throughout, I think there would be have been more development of CJ, but of course, the different cities are great and I will gladly take gameplay over story.
Yeah, the supporting characters definately showed up CJ.

I think, though, that the game would've been reeeally boring had they stayed in Los Santos. Everything you do there is...well, it seems like stuff that could actually happen in real life. It's not until you get to San Fierro that it really starts taking off and all the crazy stuff starts happening.

GooeyToast
07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I prefer VC and III to SA as well.

I, like others here, was not a big fan of the ghetto vibe this game brought, but I appreciated all the great gameplay aspects Rockstar put in the game.

For the next one, I hope GTA goes back to its roots.

~Keep it gooey~

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Bully is an original game.

Shoden
07-29-2005, 11:31 PM
i heard theres going to be a sequel to Vice City next i can imagine it actually

DK
07-30-2005, 12:22 AM
The worst thing about San Andreas were the driving jobs, the races and stuff. I hated them because you could only control cars with the analouge stick and I never use that for driving and I kept oversteering and crashing while trying to drive fast, it sucked. San Andreas was great, it had some really funny parts and some good missions, but when I completed it I pretty much just stopped playing it and haven't played it since, whereas I was playing Vice City for months after I'd finished it. As for the main characters, CJ was okay, I didn't like him at first but he grew on me, but Tommy is far superior.