PDA

View Full Version : runescape

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
i was just wonderin if any one else plays runescape by jagex and if so do you kknow any good ways to make money :confused: i need to get into the millions to buy dragon armor when i get enough defense :D

Rye
07-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I despise Runescape, because my brother is always on it playing. :(

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 09:26 PM
lol maybe cuz its soo fun huh :D

Lindy
07-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Ah Runescape, the example of all that is bad about MMORPGs.

A game where you grind, in order to grind more effectively, in order to grind more effectively, and guess what that leads to? I think you can figure it out.

Really, why do you want to play a game that is basically the same repetitive task over and over for hours, especially with poor graphics and gameplay.

Hey, I have an idea, why not get a job? They're full of repetitive tasks, you have social interaction, and hey the gameplay may suck but at least the graphics are good. And at the end of it all, YOU get the monthly subscription fee.

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 09:34 PM
lol uhhhh ok but if i get a job im still playing runescape there man things to do on it and i think its better than ff11 due to i cant lvl up with all the not so smart people in the parties i join :cry:

Rye
07-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Ah Runescape, the example of all that is bad about MMORPGs.

A game where you grind, in order to grind more effectively, in order to grind more effectively, and guess what that leads to? I think you can figure it out.

Really, why do you want to play a game that is basically the same repetitive task over and over for hours, especially with poor graphics and gameplay.

Hey, I have an idea, why not get a job? They're full of repetitive tasks, you have social interaction, and hey the gameplay may suck but at least the graphics are good. And at the end of it all, YOU get the monthly subscription fee.

Yeah, very true. I gave Runescape a fair trial before I hated it into oblivion, and I got bored instantly. The graphics are plain awful. I played one other MMORPG a while back and it was MUCH better.

And nice sig, by the way.

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I used to play Habbo hotel, i have been on it since the opening, but then i got into Runescape for a couple of months, theh went straight back to habbo, and i am still playing Habbo, i am actually logged onto Habbo as i write this :)

Rengori
07-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I too despise Runescape.

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 09:44 PM
does no one like runescape :cry: graphics may suck but its still fun

Lindy
07-28-2005, 10:10 PM
And nice sig, by the way.
Thanks, it's Dan Smith from Killer7 in some early artwork, I set-up a random image PHP script for the quotes image 'cause I couldn't decide on a good quote for Dan.

First time I've changed my avatar/signature since my Sabata avatar, which I've had since Boktai 2's website was first released.

Old Manus
07-28-2005, 10:11 PM
OMG YESH I LURVE RUENCSAPE IT R TEH KWL LOL!!!!11 I LIEK 2 FITE TE OTHR PLAYAZ ND NICK AL THERE STUFF LOLMAO ROFFLERS!!!!!11234!

Shoeberto
07-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I think I played that one before and thought it was lame as hail.

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 10:18 PM
lol well my username on it is Dotaownz if anyone plays it and wants to msg me go ahead :D

Rengori
07-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I didn't understand a word you just said!

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 10:42 PM
uhh me? i said my name on runescape is Dotaownz if you want to msg me go ahead lol

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 11:00 PM
She is on about the odd language of Old Manus, what language is that anyway Old Manus?

Markus. D
07-28-2005, 11:05 PM
it was alright, but now ive been possesed by team orientated MMOs like conquer, maple and rose.

not so much team orientated... bit its alot better with them.

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 11:08 PM
hmm i play conquerer somtimes to but i like runescae better on conquerer money is wayyyy to easy to get and the only way to lvl pretty much is to get power lvled lol

Markus. D
07-28-2005, 11:11 PM
yeah... but at least theres team effort for taking down monsters 20 lvls higher then you.

Rengori
07-28-2005, 11:13 PM
She is on about the odd language of Old Manus, what language is that anyway Old Manus?
I'm a guy.

°¿°¿°
07-28-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah... but at least theres team effort for taking down monsters 20 lvls higher then you.

yea im only like lvl 34 or somthing i think my guy is a toaist it took me forever to lvl my lighting to 4 so i could use fire ><

Rengori
07-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Know what I noticed? You people who play Runescape more than tutorial isle seem to have deteriating grammar skills!

Mo-Nercy
07-29-2005, 12:00 AM
I know some jackass kid who calls it Run Escape.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 12:02 AM
hmm grammer was never good at it
lol ? run escape i take it he doesnt like runescape ether?

Rengori
07-29-2005, 12:16 AM
At least you guys are easy to entertain.

"im back lol" I personally don't find this humerous, but whatever.

Markus. D
07-29-2005, 07:18 AM
my character was a palladin... there are way to many badly made roleplaying elements (cooking to name one).... and.... what was with that whole P2P thingo it wasnt worth the money per month.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 07:29 AM
what wasnt?

Rengori
07-29-2005, 07:52 AM
READ THE FREAKIN POST NEXT TIME!

Lionx
07-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Omg people still play this game? =/ You are prolly better off in WoW and FFXI than this...-_- If you are the lazy instant gratification type go WoW otherwise for reward for hard work go FFXI...or even GW..i dont believe any MMO sucked more than this one.

abrojtm
07-29-2005, 07:59 AM
I played it for about a month.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:04 AM
lol i played ff11 and i dont like it =( and as far as WoW goes if i have to go in a party to lvl i dont like that eather.

o yea and the like 500000 people that still play rune scape (or more) even though that isnt that much compared to some other mmorpg agre with me that runescape is cool lol

well i dont like paries as you can tell duie to the guy that is the warrior that thinks the whm should tak the hits instead of him

Rengori
07-29-2005, 08:10 AM
I wonder how many of them quit after saying "This is smurfed up" after they first started.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:17 AM
ummmm on which game lol

Lionx
07-29-2005, 08:21 AM
If you arent there to group, i feel the MMORPG has lost its main draw and point. Playing with other people. Its better because theres a real community in FFXI and you remember people and you get to connect with your character and theres story. However my character in Runescape i cannot connect to it. Theres Lionx, the Tarutaru, and i Lionx the Priest(RO), but there is no Lionx on Runescape that i can connect to.

its only cool because its free. Do those all play actively? Cuz i can make an account too and count that torwards players. but never touch it.

Seriously if you had those kinds of parties, its either a soloable MMO or its Valkurm which means you quit in under 2 months or even a week at that...not a true representative of the game. Teamwork makes the game have lasting appeal for me.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:31 AM
yea i love it when i get in a good party but 99% of them i get into turn out were i die more than anyone in the party and im the whm because the warriors dont know how to use provoke... lol

Lionx
07-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Then you are in Valkurm and have not seen the game enough yet. I know what i am doing alot of the times, make my own parties, my party my group of people, my skillchain, my leadership, i take control and if i screw up, its my fault. Research online and working, experimentation and stuff are all to success in any party. Soon past the newb levels, everyone is efficient and very good. You have no idea...the bad get weeded really quick and only the good remain with little bad.

The game is not rocket science, lots of people can play decently, but few can play really good. But even more people that joined when it first releases, play very bad. Some adapt, learn, and become decent or even godly good themselves, some get frustrated and dont try and eventually quit leaving only the dedicated and more skilled taking stronger monsters and HNMs.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:38 AM
naaaa it wasnt in only vulkrum i forgot what the place was called but it was place after valkrum then i lvl to 25 and i had to get those keys =/
i may start playing it again to see if it goes anybetter that is if they havent erased my account lol

Lionx
07-29-2005, 08:41 AM
It doesnt get better til 35. Every mob is too weak beforehand. Level jumps every 10 levels and Qufim and Kazham arnet any better. Seriously its a long investment time game, its not for everyone, but i feel those that generally say the game suck, are crappy players that are lazy to farm and everything, those that did not play long enough to give a real feel for the game(seriously two phone books might not be enough to detail the game), or they had bad rep. Very rarely is it not their kind of game and they quit.

Theres alot less newbs now, ask for advice from many different higher ranked people leveling lower jobs to help you out. Many would be glad to.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:46 AM
lol yep most of that prolly described me cept for the lazy to farm part i lfarmed alot killing those mushroom things and the bad rep no one really knew me in the game lol