PDA

View Full Version : 1st battle at dorter

Raven Bladewind
07-28-2005, 10:09 PM
I just started a new game and im at dorter when delita says :"i remember know his name is Wieraf hes a corps from death knights" is that an error was it supposed to be her a knight from death corps?

Delita:I remember now his name is Wieraf hes a corps from Death Knights
Algus: You mean!?
Delita: (Dont talk to me queer) Yes hes the leader of Death Corps

BG-57
07-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Are you asking if Weisgraf is part of the Death Corps? He is.

Raven Bladewind
07-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Are you asking if Weisgraf is part of the Death Corps? He is.No thats not what im asking i think theres a typo in it because Delita says hes a corps of death knights

heh heh this file has a guy name forward

Vod
07-29-2005, 05:41 AM
You're asking if it's supposed to say he's a Knight of the Death Crops instead of he's a corps of the death knights...probably that would seem to make more sense but i'll be honest I just loved the battle music they played in that fight, once in a gametime music

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Remember the translation of Final Fantasy Tactics leaves much to be desired. It was probably a missed translation, there are so many grammatical and spelling errors in it that it boggles the mind.

Also, "he's the leader of Death Corps" is not grammatically incorrect, even though it does sound strange. If phrased that way, it speaks more as if Death Corps were a company, or an organization (which they are), just like we might say "Ken Lay is (or was) the CEO of Enron".

Raven Bladewind
07-29-2005, 11:16 PM
You're asking if it's supposed to say he's a Knight of the Death Crops instead of he's a corps of the death knights...probably that would seem to make more sense but i'll be honest I just loved the battle music they played in that fight, once in a gametime musicyes i like all the music in FFT and did you ever notic the guys name is Fencer when Wiegraf talks with him before the battle but its randomized during the battle... and He's the leader of Death Corps sounds correct to me

Vod
07-30-2005, 04:35 AM
No his name is not Fencer, thats just what his job is (even though he's technically a knight)

Raven Bladewind
07-30-2005, 04:40 AM
No his name is not Fencer, thats just what his job is (even though he's technically a knight)Then why doesnt it show what ever his name was in battle when you interigate him

RedCydranth
07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
because the game engine randomly creates names when the battle begins. The engine forgets the names after the battle is over, unless you invite them to your party. The scene before with Wiegraf is a preset scene with a never changing name. They put Fencer where the word Knight should have been placed.

Unless he's a special character like Wiegraf, Algus or Rad, his name is unimportant. There are a few other random generics who speak and no name is given.

Vod
07-30-2005, 05:46 PM
One "random" thing I remember that never changes is in the fight where you save Reis, the demon will always have the same name...I don't remember what it is though I think it starts with an S

Raven Bladewind
07-31-2005, 01:46 AM
because the game engine randomly creates names when the battle begins. The engine forgets the names after the battle is over, unless you invite them to your party. The scene before with Wiegraf is a preset scene with a never changing name. They put Fencer where the word Knight should have been placed.

Unless he's a special character like Wiegraf, Algus or Rad, his name is unimportant. There are a few other random generics who speak and no name is given.No not all names are Randomized

BG-57
07-31-2005, 02:54 AM
One "random" thing I remember that never changes is in the fight where you save Reis, the demon will always have the same name...I don't remember what it is though I think it starts with an S

Sinogue

Vod
07-31-2005, 04:19 AM
that was it, oh my god, that was bugging me at school after I posted it, I was all like "Crap, when is this day over, I gotta go check!"

Raven Bladewind
07-31-2005, 05:52 PM
that was it, oh my god, that was bugging me at school after I posted it, I was all like "Crap, when is this day over, I gotta go check!"I hate when you think of somthing that you cant remember and then you cant think strait xD

Vod
08-04-2005, 03:17 AM
tell me about it, one time I was trying to remember who played Tron, in the movie Tron, I just couldn't figure it out ever, then I went to IMDB and all was sorted out