PDA

View Full Version : I think Ramza should special class

Raven Bladewind
07-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I find it dumb that the main chraracter doesnt have a class of his own sure he has guts instead of basic skill but that sucks he only gets like 2 more abilities.

FFT would be a lot better if you could choose to take the story of Delita or Ramza at the begining... Delita ownz Ramza

See the poll doesnt lie

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Actually I like that he doesn't, because it is one less class to worry about. I always tend to make Ramza a Geomancer for some reason or another...Also I rather Ramza, because Delita is an example of how power corrupts and to what extent people will go for power.

Tama2
07-29-2005, 03:35 AM
He has 5 more skills plus the super secret one. Mwhahahahahahaha

Durai
07-29-2005, 04:50 AM
I think, for Ramza, the fact that Guts has the same abilities as the Squire job class adds to his humbleness. It is part of what makes him the endearing hero. He is a normal teenager who has been thrust into the middle of a war and forced to cleave his own way and, unlike Delita, finds the path of truth and justice. Or something like that.

-N-
07-29-2005, 05:29 AM
He's got Yell, Cheer Up, Scream, and Ultima, which makes him far superior to any standard Squire. How is that not a special class? I always have Guts equipped as a secondary because Scream is just that good.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-29-2005, 05:58 AM
I agree with -N- but I still would have liked to have seen a special class for Ramza. And with Scream and enough movement, Ramza can own anybody, Orlandu included.

Raven Bladewind
07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Yea i know but i still think he should have a special knight class like Gafagorian and Argias (or however you spell) because it would be cool and his father tells him to become a great knight. I have another question. Does it piss anyone else off that white magic can miss.... why would you dodge cure or protect... ive missed useing life before the persons dead i dont think the getting out of the way of anything >_>

-N-
07-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Cure never misses.

It has to do with a character's Faith.
If you didn't believe in magic, why would it work on you?

Raven Bladewind
07-29-2005, 08:14 PM
How exactly do you get the Ultima skill for Ramza's guts ability?

Masamune·1600
07-30-2005, 06:30 PM
How exactly do you get the Zodiac skill for Ramza's guts ability?

Ramza cannot learn Zodiac to his Guts ability set. Only a Summoner can learn Zodiac, although it is possible to eventually teach Zodiac to every human party member (Ramza included). Zodiac can be learned when a character, as a Summoner, survives a hit from the summon. An "Innocent" character will not be able to learn it.

The only enemy that naturally uses Zodiac is Elidibs in END. From there, it's possible to teach Zodiac to members who were not in that battle by teaching it to enemy Summoners, allowing allied Summoners to be Charmed, and so on.

Ramza can learn a secret ability, Ultima, to Guts. Ultima can be learned from Celia and Lede as Assassins, or from Ultima Demons. Unfortunately, this version of Ultima (the weakest) is the only one that Ramza can learn. Altima uses two more powerful versions of Ultima in his two forms during the final sequence.

I find it dumb that the main chraracter doesnt have a class of his own sure he has guts instead of basic skill but that sucks he only gets like 2 more abilities.

As to the initial topic, Ramza's squire class is certainly a special class. It has a unique ability set name (Guts), as well as five abilities (Wish, Yell, Cheer Up, Scream, and Ultima) that normal Squires do not have. Furthermore, Ramza's Squire job allows him to use equipment that normal Squires cannot use (this is, actually, relatively important). Note, for example, that Ramza's Squire class can use Knight Swords.

It can even be argued that there are two other special Squire classes. In Chapter 1, Delita has Wish as a Squire. Also, Algus (if you take the time to learn the abilities; there's really no point) can learn Head Break and Armor Break to his Squire set.

That being said, I've always thought Ramza should have at some point inherited his father's Heavenly Knight class.

Wiegrahf42
07-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Heavenly Knight would have been great except for the fact that Ramza is a Heretic. Speaking of which "heretic" would make a good special class.

Tama2
07-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Heavenly Knight would have been great except for the fact that Ramza is a Heretic. Speaking of which "heretic" would make a good special class.

Wouldn't that work like an Yin and Yang magic though.

Raven Bladewind
07-31-2005, 01:37 AM
How exactly do you get the Zodiac skill for Ramza's guts ability?

Ramza cannot learn Zodiac to his Guts ability set. Only a Summoner can learn Zodiac, although it is possible to eventually teach Zodiac to every human party member (Ramza included). Zodiac can be learned when a character, as a Summoner, survives a hit from the summon. An "Innocent" character will not be able to learn it.

The only enemy that naturally uses Zodiac is Elidibs in END. From there, it's possible to teach Zodiac to members who were not in that battle by teaching it to enemy Summoners, allowing allied Summoners to be Charmed, and so on.

Ramza can learn a secret ability, Ultima, to Guts. Ultima can be learned from Celia and Lede as Assassins, or from Ultima Demons. Unfortunately, this version of Ultima (the weakest) is the only one that Ramza can learn. Altima uses two more powerful versions of Ultima in his two forms during the final sequence.

As to the initial topic, Ramza's squire class is certainly a special class. It has a unique ability set name (Guts), as well as five abilities (Wish, Yell, Cheer Up, Scream, and Ultima) that normal Squires do not have. Furthermore, Ramza's Squire job allows him to use equipment that normal Squires cannot use (this is, actually, relatively important). Note, for example, that Ramza's Squire class can use Knight Swords.

It can even be argued that there are two other special Squire classes. In Chapter 1, Delita has Wish as a Squire. Also, Algus (if you take the time to learn the abilities; there's really no point) can learn Head Break and Armor Break to his Squire set.

That being said, I've always thought Ramza should have at some point inherited his father's Heavenly Knight class.Yes i know his Squire Class allows him to use armor and knight swords but he cant use squire weapons like axes and flails and his 5 special skills arnt that great
Heavenly Knight would have been great except for the fact that Ramza is a Heretic. Speaking of which "heretic" would make a good special class.Yes thats the class i was thinking like Heretic Knight or somthing like that

Russ80
08-14-2005, 02:50 AM
he can def use flails as squire.

I've never used an axe, so no opinion there.

ShunNakamura
08-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Yes i know his Squire Class allows him to use armor and knight swords but he cant use squire weapons like axes and flails and his 5 special skills arnt that great

Yes thats the class i was thinking like Heretic Knight or somthing like that

Woah... Have you even used those skills of his? They are easily overpowering, or on the verge of it anyways.

As for would it have been neat for him to evolve into a new class at some point in the story? Yep, would have been.. even some additional skills would be neat... but DON'T take away my gut skills :P

DocFrance
08-14-2005, 05:11 AM
Hmm... are you thinking of a class that wears cloth armor, wields whips and shields, and casts fire magic?

Mikemyers64
08-14-2005, 08:34 PM
if you know how to build up ramza then he will own delita anyday

Ouch!
08-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I think Ramza's just fine as he is now. He doesn't need a special job, guts is good enough for me. Scream owns.

Personally I liked Delita a lot more than I liked Ramza. Perhaps it's because I found Ramza to be a bit of a pansy and Delita was always just freakin' badass. He learns to do something that Ramza never did: he learned to play the political game and make other people his pawns.

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 04:19 AM
Ramza's skills are awesome and as the main character he shouldn't have some specialty like the others anyway.

BG-57
08-16-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm just glad that Accumulate was left in as one of the skills in Guts. Easiest way in the game to earn JP.

Tatics Master
08-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Ramza > Delita

Delita is slow and only thing he has on Ramza is that hes a Holy Night, Slightly stronger than Aragais. Give me Guts or give me geomancy* :confused: However its spelled!

Dark Messenger
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Scream also powers up Talk Skills... (which require Magic Attack).... making Ramza the best Mediator as well.

Guts
Talk Skill
Blade Grasp
Monster Talk
Move HP-Up
Brave: 97
Faith: Anything

This Ramza OWNS!

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
I'd prefer to put that MA to better use, like with Math Skills.

Ramza Squire
Guts
Math Skills
Blade Grasp or Auto-Potion
Two-Swords
Move +3
Brave: 97
Faith: 97

Now THAT is a powerful combination.

RedCydranth
09-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Ramza is way better than Delita any day.

To get the Ultima skill you have to have either Celia, Lede or one of the Ultima Demons cast it on him as a squire and Ramza must survive the hit.

It would have been cool if he had a cool moveset but like BG-57 said, so long as it had Accumulate, I would be happy with the moveset.

I think how you chose decisions in the early parts of the game would determine Ramza's special class in Chap 4.

Save Algus or not?
Save Boco or Not?
Which road to take in Bethla Garrison.

Those are the only choices I can remember but there coulda been more, ive gotten rusty. It would have been cool if they employed a system like that.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-09-2005, 05:26 AM
Save Mustadio or not was the one you're forgetting.

TurkSlayer
09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Save Algus or not?
Save Boco or Not?
Which road to take in Bethla Garrison.

I like this idea, though I'm also fond of the Heretic idea that some mentioned earlier. But then, what abilities would a heretic knight have? I suppose you could give him a better, easier to manage version of Malak's Hell skills. RedCydranth's decision sounds better, though, as it would decide if you were a Holy Knight (Like Delita or Agrias) or a Dark Knight (Like Gaffgarion).

Angel of Death
12-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Pffft. My Ramza would toast Delita in the first or second turn, depending on just how much evasion he has. (Considering at Zeltennia Church Delita had nothing but Holy Knight abilities, Delita has nothing on a Wizard w/ Math Skill) :)

dragon_slayer789
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
ya my guy would have burned him in 1 turn one hit kill baby wooowww ya ever since the end of chapter 3 to the end of chapter 4 my guys has one hit kill (except for altima
)

Qurange
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
As far as Guts goes, Yell is much better for gaining JP than Accumulate--you use it, and then you keep using it, and not only do you gain JP, but your turns come up more and more.

But I like Ramza's class as it is, really...and I kind of liked the fact that though Delita was much more focused and Ramza just sort of drifted through things until he started on the Lucavi, (both from their classes and what happened), Delita really lost.

But uh, outright combat, Delita would win because I'm not sure Ramza has the steel to fight his former best friend.