PDA

View Full Version : First Blitzball Match

07-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm having trouble beating the Luca Goers in the first blitzball match. I have the Jecht shot and when I use it the goalie always catches it. I tried about 10 times already and I really want to beat them. Is there anyway to beat these guys?

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 12:55 AM
i dont think its possable to beat them the first time you ever play them at least i could never beat them

07-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Naa some people acually beat them..

disapointedchild
07-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I beat them. I think i did it with wakka though. Find the guy with the highest pass, give him the ball, have the goers follow him back to his post, have him pass it to tidus. Get tidus right in front of the goaly. And shoot.

07-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Aiight I finally beat it!!:). This is what I did.

In the begning I passed it to my open players. Everytime a goer comes at me I pass it to another player. Then I went to their golie thing with noone infront of me. After that I just got the ball and went to my golie and stayed right next to it. That way all the players just swim in circles and im safe. I didnt use any specail shots. I didnt even use the jecht shot. But you will need to pass betweenthe players and don't let the opposite team get to you. I tried this for like 6 hours... but I didnt give up. So just don't give up, you'll get it.

abrojtm
07-29-2005, 07:32 AM
I went into triple overtime with them and lost :) .

boys from the dwarf
07-29-2005, 09:31 AM
i beat them 3-0 in the first match.

Blitz Ace
07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
the game is easy after youve had practice, i beat em 4-2 in my second playthrough. just level up your team by passing first half, and equip jecht shot. i scored two with jecht shot, before wakka came on, and he has a high shot stat, so i managed to score 2 more.

how cool is the trophy though!! although i thought that the strength sphere was a bit of an anti-climax as the prize...

CaptRory
07-29-2005, 05:46 PM
When I first played them I had to try a few times times to win, I had to reset a few times. I didn't have the Jecht Shot either so I had to rely on Tidus' Sphere Shot and Wakka's Venom Shot. The first half I kept passing the ball around and tried to level up my shooters so they could equip their special shots. The Second half when Tidus is active I just kept using Sphere Shot and when Wakka was active I just used the Venom Shot using the philosophy "if you throw enough pasta against the wall some is going to stick." I managed to score once but so did they. In overtime I managed to score first and carried the game on what I think was my 5th or 6th attempt.

OwneD
07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
it's easy to beat them, all u need is Jecht's Shot and luck.
the first period, don't let them get any goals, keep the ball away from them (perverts...)
next period, set Jecht's Shot to Tidus, get to the goalkeeper with mostly 2/3 after u, when u reach the goal just press Square and use it, then keep the ball from then untill the time is up and u've won and earned a Strength Sphere +4

raskerino
07-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, not impossible. I got lucky and had the ball at the beginning. I used Jassu or Letty to run (swim) on the side as soon as the defence went for him instead of tidus I passed to Tidus and he scored easily. If you score 4 goals while tidus is on you see him dance around (do flips) and it says "What an amazing comeback" (I was up 4-0 at the time, so not really a comeback). Anyways just always run it up the edge and it's not to hard to win.

syun_ukiya
08-01-2005, 03:53 AM
I beat them! it took me more that 10 tries! Just pass the ball around in the first round so your team will level up. Goers sucks at shooting, if you observe. Just do a Jecht shot when 2 people are blocking you.

I just found this one out.. you might want to try it against the goers., if you're already winning, go to your side of the court.. preferrably stay at the back of keepa. and the rest of the team, including enemies will stay at the other side!

Shadowdeathrose
08-05-2005, 10:42 PM
i beat them 6 - 2

tidus scored 4 on first half (i had jecht shot)
waka scored 2 on second

im now lvl 55 tidus in blitz and i hve jecht shot 2

Slothy
08-06-2005, 12:03 AM
The Goers aren't really that tough. I didn't beat them my first time through and didn't play Blitzball again until my second playthrough. Second time around I beat them. I had the Jecht shot but missed the one time I used it (I forget how). I just got the ball to someone with a good pass stat, got most of their team away from Tidus or Wakka, passed and shot. Then I just waited out the clock pretty much. Not too tough, but when you're trying to get the hang of the game at the same time it's a little tricky.

tranvanhieu
08-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Hey hey don't just talk about your score! There are some players don't as good as you,we have to help them!
*When Luca Goers attacks,you can do almost nothing to block,their players's factors alot better than Auroch players's.If their forward use a range shoot it will be very dangerous(their shoot factor about 12-14 while Keepa only has 5 or 6 at catch factor),your chance only come if they carry the blitzball too far and they encounter your defenders(Goers tech factor about 11-12,Auroch att factor about 10-11) if two def block their striker at once you will take the ball for sure.
But all you can do when they atack is nothing better then ...pray for bless of Yevon (^____^)!But we can win if we know how to attack!
*In 1st half,you have to draw Goers two forward and one midde field far out froom their goal.Your midde field link man is Letty whose pass factor very good.Move him toward the left(or right) striker ,when he begin to chase you,move toward the middle field link man then the right(or left) wing striker.They three will chase you ,now go back toward your goal(draw them is not easy,you have to try to avoid facing them(you can face two forwards , NEVER try the middle field man) but still can make them chase u),now pass to your strikers .2 vs 2 now! I recommend you pass to Datto,his tech factor is 13,better than Tidus.Carry the ball to one edge of Goers 's goal,break through the defender(her att factor is only 11 or 10),the 2nd def will have to replace the 1st one and Tidus will be free.Now pass to him and shoot immediately,his shot factor is 11 while the keeper only has 8 or 9 catch factor,you will have a goal!If you can do as I say perfectly,you can score about 3-5 goals(if you are lucky you can even score 6 goals).I several times let Auroch played automatically but Goer could only score 3-4 goals.
*2nd half,it's easier than the 1st half,since your players level up and you can equip some techs.I think Sphere shoot is beter than Jecht Shot at this time(you can use Sphere shoot three times while you can only use Jecht shot once (Tidus will run out of HP after using JS)).You already know how to reject players of Goers,Tidus only have to shoot!
And when Wakka replace Tidus,is seems easier to score.
You can have about 4-6 goal in the 2nd half.

I lost many times before I use this method.
And the last times,I won by 8-1
Anyway,traning is necessary,I saw some don't use any method but they can still win with great score!
Finally,in my opinion,important point to win is to reject Goers players

G SpOtZ
08-06-2005, 04:02 AM
simple:

first move: pass to the player with the highest pass stat. have that person move around and attract the players from the other team. once the other team members on one certain area of the field, have ur passer pass it to tidus and have tidus make a run for it towards the goal and shoot when ur as close as u can get. i did that every single play and it was flawless for me.

just make sure the goers don't actually get to u. stay far enough from there where u only have the decisions to pass or dribble.(always pass if u want everybody to get exp. points)

Fireblade13
08-09-2005, 02:35 PM
My second playthrough they scored a goal and I could do nothing about this so I guess thats not programed if you had a shut out.

Shadowdeathrose
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
ok watever you can come bak if the score a goal just score 2 ur self

disapointedchild
08-09-2005, 09:45 PM
i beat them 6 - 2

tidus scored 4 on first half (i had jecht shot)
waka scored 2 on second

im now lvl 55 tidus in blitz and i hve jecht shot 2

How, when tidus I believe has less than 300 hp. Ject shot uses 120 hp, and movement drains tiduses hp. evan when he is not in controll of the ball. So if you were to use ject shot once, evan with full hp, and scored, you would know only have 180 hp. If you used it again, then you would have 20 hp. Now this is clearly already impossible because i have not deducted from moving the character.

1 you do have 4 other players than tidus duh! 2=for tidus 2 = datto and 2= for wakka when he had to come on the datto 1's were hard thou i had to be rite next to the golie (why do you only use tidus in your blitz games or somat
Here in this quote however you claim that you used datto aswell.

So which is it? Tidus scoring 4 or tidus and dato scoring a combo of 4. Evan so, Datto has a shot of I think 10, and only around 200 hp. So scoring with him is unlikly, let alone scoing twice.

But congrats if by some way you are telling the truth. :rolleyes2

Shadowdeathrose
08-09-2005, 10:09 PM
ur an idiot!!!!! ive completed the game more than 20 times thats 20 tries at the first blitz ball game

and u dont have to just use jecht shot all the time u use normal shot up close first u lure other players away from goal and get rite up close trie it you should do the same after a few tries believe u me i no!

(fck how old r u 40 -50) playing games "tut tut"

Haunted
08-11-2005, 02:20 PM
i was having a really hard time on this, thanks for all your help, in the end i was 2-1 up when wakka came on, my midfeild player got the ball (cant remember name) so i took him back to just infront of my goal, and the other team stopped, i hope this info might help some people

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 02:29 PM
yeh other... ppl

Aidan
08-11-2005, 03:17 PM
i beat them first time playing them with jecht shot, and my friend beat them without it.

it does not change the game in the slightest way. if you cant beat em, dont keep doing it. just fin ish the game.,

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
wel it does change it the aurocks respect u mor and there stats raise quicker cuase u have the crystal cup in the home (island) town

tranvanhieu
08-12-2005, 05:07 AM
ur an idiot!!!!! ive completed the game more than 20 times thats 20 tries at the first blitz ball game

and u dont have to just use jecht shot all the time u use normal shot up close first u lure other players away from goal and get rite up close trie it you should do the same after a few tries believe u me i no!

(fck how old r u 40 -50) playing games "tut tut"

Yeah,agree!
Depend on Jecht shot..suck.THis skill is not Tidus's.
Why do u have to use onother man's skill ^^ ?
Cause you have no quality for Blitz art. :love:

tranvanhieu
08-12-2005, 05:10 AM
it does not change the game in the slightest way. if you cant beat em, dont keep doing it. just fin ish the game.,

Hey hey hey,so you just " to do your best"????
But i don't,I "play for VICTORY"!
Earn respect of all other people,worth to try.

Vaprice
08-12-2005, 05:14 AM
i dont think its possable to beat them the first time you ever play them at least i could never beat them

It is possible to beat them. All you get it a trophey big woopdedoo! But it'll help your blitzball team a lot if you continue to want to play the game...some people don't like it because it resembles soccer/football.....

If you dont want to beat them just pass back and fourth to dato, and the defenders *forgot names* if you want to go for the goal, make sure that you get close enough to fire you jecht shot...

just like in soccer, you want to split the defense and catch them offguard. Keep passing it around, make them work while you have fun and play.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
And Final Fantasy King, it called Aurochs....now..... *cough* do you remember the first time you ever played a ff game? And your asking "WTF?!?! How old are you geez?" ..... so really your telling everyone out there that all the games there first playing are n00bs and you want to poop on them....Plus some of them might not be as old as you...Plus did it ever occur to you that there are people out there that this MIGHT be there first time EVER playing a Final Fantasy game...?

Shadowdeathrose
08-13-2005, 02:33 PM
how times have ppl asked how to win the first match i did it my self so why can't they? theres a little thing called learning u no

raskerino
08-13-2005, 09:52 PM
The first time through not really, also have you ever noticed that some people have more trouble with things then others. Some people are also more stuck up than others... cause dude calling someone an idiot when he calls it unlikely for u to do what u did and then says that if you did actually do it good job. He was complimenting you and you (Final Fantasy King) go and call him an idiot, definitely stuck up.

On subject, if u press triangle when you first get the ball and put it on manual control than run the ball up the edge with jassu get the defender to leave tidus pass it up and score is the easies way I've found. Then the trick of keeping it near your goal to keep your lead sounds like a good strategy though I've never tried/tested it.

Shadowdeathrose
08-14-2005, 01:22 PM
fine then soz who ever i called an idiot!

BG-57
08-22-2005, 03:11 AM
So the first match isn't really something that a person without any Blitzball experience who is playing through the game the first time should expect to win?

I mean I'll replay until I win if it's critical, but it doesn't sound like it.

raskerino
08-22-2005, 03:13 AM
They might win they might not, but no it's not too important.

BG-57
08-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Good. I was getting worried about the first match. I hate games that throw in compulsory mini-games without cutting the first time player some slack. :sweatdrop