PDA

View Full Version : Any J-rock fans?

Taiyou
07-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Hey all. I don't know who likes Japanese music and who doesn't, but for those that do...

If you've heard of Dir en Grey and love their music, and you happen to be in America, or Canada if you're up to travelling:

http://www.jpophouse.com/contents/en-us/dg-survey.html

This is a survey for Dir en grey to collect data on their fanbase here in America. If anyone's interested, they should fill it out and someday soon, we might get a tour here! Afterall, at an interview in Paris where they had their latest concert, Kaoru said that there's going to be a "big surprise" this year.

Big surprise and this sudden interest in America? Why not take the chance! :)

Shockwave Pulsar
07-29-2005, 03:29 AM
The only band i've heard is malice mizer. they were pretty good i though, definately some amazing song writing. some of the stuff they played was mind blowing arpeggios using the melodic minor, advanced melody, those guys definately surprised me.

lordblazer
07-29-2005, 03:33 AM
The Pillows are the KISS of J-Rock, well not really :P

Tama2
07-29-2005, 04:02 AM
The Pillows are good. I listen to a little Japan-X also. My friend loves em.

Taiyou
07-29-2005, 06:50 AM
I love X-Japan. Malice Mizer was good when they had Gackt, but since Gackt's been solo for the past 5 years or so, I've been listening to him. L'Arc~en~ciel is a good band. So is Pierrot. Miyavi... I could name a lot. ^_^;;

Alice
07-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Hm i kinda like the more underground Jrock.. its a bit harder to get it out here in the states but my friends hook me up. I usually like the small bands from japan, though i do like the big stars just as much...

You have no idea how often i have dreams of such a sexy boy as gackt :)

Taiyou
07-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Gackt... *_*

I love HYDE, too. Kaoru from diru. Orange Range is good, too.

All this J-rock talk makes me wanna listen to hide..

DK
07-29-2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66411