PDA

View Full Version : Theme Song

Taiyou
07-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Hey everyone!

Recently on Utada Hikaru's website, it's been stated that she will again be lending her vocal talents to Kingdom Hearts with a new theme song entitled, "Passion".

Which leads me to wonder what everyone thinks of her as a singer for the Kingdom Hearts franchise and how you think she'll do a second time around. Personally, I think it's pretty awesome that she's at it again and I hope the song will be a hit.

StarlightAngel
07-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Cool :3 I hope its as good, if not better than Simple and Clean ^^

Pheesh
07-29-2005, 03:38 AM
i don't know how they will make it suit better than simple and clean. It would just seem wierd without that song. Plus, the orchestrated version was done so well and they have been using it for the kh2 trailers so are you sure that it wont be in there?

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Taiyou
07-29-2005, 06:52 AM
It's official that Utada Hikaru's singing "Passion" and it will be the new theme. They've been using the Hikari Orchestrated Instrumental because "Passion" hasn't been recorded yet, or at least released and won't be for a few months more than likely.

Skyblade
07-29-2005, 07:11 AM
i don't know how they will make it suit better than simple and clean. It would just seem wierd without that song. Plus, the orchestrated version was done so well and they have been using it for the kh2 trailers so are you sure that it wont be in there?

EE

Hey, I actually agree with you! ;)

If they are going to switch away from Simple and Clean, they should have done it with CoM. As it is, they are going to be removing what they have basically established as the theme of the series. While I don't mind if they have a new theme for a new game, if they don't have Simple and Clean in there somewhere, they will be making a mistake.

Pheesh
07-29-2005, 07:55 AM
yeah, nothing makes better background music in the soft mushy parts.

EE

Sora'sCousinTwiceRemoved
07-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Who sings the American version. She does :confused:

cloud20747
08-08-2005, 08:45 AM
yeah she does

Sefie1999AD
08-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I hope she does a better English translation with "Passion" than she did with "Simple and Clean". The English version of the Hikari theme wasn't bad, it was just that the main melody part had been watered down and replaced with the singer yelling, "Please, oh, baby, don't go!" I hope more Disney tunes will be used too. I'd hope to see musical scenes similar to those in Disney films. :love: I think Hikari theme and several other themes from KH and KH CoM will be back in KH2, though, because it seems to me like Yoko Shimomura likes to reprise songs, at least according to what she did in Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts and KH CoM.

Marshall Banana
08-09-2005, 01:13 AM
It was Hikari + Simple and Clean that made me an Utada fan. But I'm confident that 'Passion' will be just as good and hopefully, will even surpass them.

I'll still miss Hikari, though. I hope we still get to hear it in the game. But just a little.
The instrumental version is so beautiful. :cry:

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-09-2005, 02:41 AM
i assume it is going to be good, considering Utada Hikaru is not that bad of a singer. She's my second favorite Jpop artist, first being Ayumi Hamasaki, but aren't I being biased?