PDA

View Full Version : what is the worst game you ever played?

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 09:13 AM
hmm not shure if there already been a tread on this but the worst game ive ever played has got to be Ephemeral fantasia now that game is just horrable

Necronopticous
07-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Could be Perfect Weapon (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/review/572512.html) for the Playstation.

Dreddz
07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Soul Reaver 2.......the hitman games.....

GooeyToast
07-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I dont play awful games, i usually do my research.

But of all the games i have played, I must say my answer is Driver 3.

What a let-down. :(

~Keep it gooey~

Craig
07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
In Cold Blood

Meat Puppet
07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
final fantasy 7

Pauten
07-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Alundra 2 and Jedi power battles.

Pheesh
07-29-2005, 01:28 PM

~Keep it gooey~

let down yes, worst game no.

peace out and :rock:
EE

Aphelion
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Jeopardy! (PS1) and Crisis City (PS1 too): the first, I couldn't understand at all (I didn't know how to speak a single word in English by that time); the latter, the worst shooting game I've ever played in my entire life.

Erdrick Holmes
07-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Too many to list

Capcom Fighting Evolution
All of the Mortal Kombats
All of the GTAs
Final Fantasy IX
Street Fighter the Movie
Megaman X7
Rascal
Mario is Missing
Any racing game except for Mario Kart
Football games
Sports game ins general

DK
07-29-2005, 08:49 PM
SVC: Chaos. >=(

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 08:51 PM
final fantasy 7

how could you say that :cry: that game is awsome lol

Rengori
07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Meat Puppet does that stuff all the time. The worst game I've ever played was Pokemon.

Ryth
07-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Shining Tears (PS2)- What a horrible mess worst RPG I have ever played.

Mario Party 5 (GC)- Most boring and dull game for the cube.

Where's Waldo? (NES)- .....do I have to explain?...

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (PS1)- Its Batman we all know the problems with Batman games.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Forbidden Memories (PS1)- Horrible ugly card crap I still stay up at night wondering what the hell I was thinking!

Megaman X7 (PS2)- Ugh. The only good thing is the nice looking graphics.

Rascal (PS1)- Horrible controls and even worse camera. Boring gameplay.

Ghostbusters (NES)- Zzzz.........

I may be forgetting some.

kikimm
07-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Perhaps the Legend of Dragoon. I haven't played a whole lot of games, but I think that's the worst one I've ever had the chance to exoerience.

:D

Craig
07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh, and Ephemerial Fantasia.

Dreddz
07-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Alundra 2

final fantasy 7
Gotta disagree with you two there

EDIT :

Pokemon
You suck too

SomethingBig
07-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Oh, and Ephemerial Fantasia.

yea you played it to? its the only game i finaly gave up on ever....lol

Lindy
07-29-2005, 09:51 PM
What a shame that Ephemeral Fantasia is one of the best games ever, you just have awful taste.

Aww, too open ended and difficult for you? Poor baby, a game that makes you think and is actually hard, so awful.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 09:54 PM
lol no i dont like lsoing all my items after the loop ends and being stranded on 1 boring island doing the same stuff over and over again trying to lvl and also having to find and do the right stuff to get your chars lol.....

o and yes it is to confusing for me although i gave it a total of like 25 hours before i gave it up i only could get 1 guy that sailor guy... then rummy almost got but i couldent figure out how to swap the drinks when at the very last thing you had to do lol..

Lindy
07-29-2005, 09:57 PM
So basically, you like games that lead you by the nose and don't challenge you at all.

Right, got it.

I wouldn't say a huge island with varying terrain, plenty of dungeons, and an engrossing storyline overarching the whole is boring.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 09:59 PM
hmm well the farthest i ever got was like 2 blocks away from the town and ive never gone into a dungeon..... and i dont like having to reget every char through evry loop and only being able to use them at certain times at least thats what that sailor guys is like

Lindy
07-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Right, so you played the game for about an hour or two, then gave up.

And Kite (the sailor) you get all the time after you've finished a bonus dungeon, not that it matters to you now, since you never even gave it a chance.

You don't have to re-get every character every loop either, the whole point is to FREE them from the loop, so they know what's going on and see that the days repeat. Way to miss out the main part of the first half of the game there kiddo.
Besides, once you've rescued Claire (the watchmaker) from the loop, you can use the Mirror in her basement to have a character you've saved rejoin your party instantly.

Rye
07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Final Fantasy IX

I hope you got confused and mean FF11 and not FF9, as FF9 is one of the better Final Fantasies.

As for worst game, it's definitely Jak and Daxter for me.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 10:15 PM
ooooo and no it was more than 2 hours i played it for like a total of 20 hours lol maybe ill try it again and see if i can get at least ne guy besides kite

UWAOOOOU
07-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Sheesh Lindy, just because a games unpopular doesnt make it fantastic.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 10:17 PM
You should at LEAST be able to get Claire.

Just go to the bar and win the drinking game with her.

Rummy is a bit tricky, she takes all three days to get, but once you have her you can learn a Kick move off her for Mouse which lets jump to any map piece you've found.

Just because it's unpopular doesn't mean it's the worst game ever. It's just different from other RPGs because it's incredibly non-linear, that would be mostly why it's unpopular, not because it's a poor game.

Plus it has Guitar Freaks as a mini-game.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 10:20 PM
yea i already went drinking with claire but i didnt know thats all you had to do and then clair i got to the part were you talk to the cook and pattimo says so we can resolve this all between then 2 time for got what they were lol i just couldent igure out what i had to do to resolve it

UWAOOOOU
07-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Just because it's unpopular doesn't mean it's the worst game ever. It's just different from other RPGs because it's incredibly non-linear, that would be mostly why it's unpopular, not because it's a poor game.

Plus it has Guitar Freaks as a mini-game.I dont think Im the only person who doesnt take the thread title or the opinions stated in the thread as law. No need to act like it is with posts like
What a shame that Ephemeral Fantasia is one of the best games ever, you just have awful taste.

Aww, too open ended and difficult for you? Poor baby, a game that makes you think and is actually hard, so awful.
in response too-
yea you played it to? its the only game i finaly gave up on ever....lolIt strikes me as un necessary over reaction. No one was trying to be malicious about it.

SomethingBig
07-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm sure people have video-game tastes. Not everyone has to like one game. Face guy and Craig aren't the only ones to hate Ephemeral Fantasia. Most, if not all, game-reviewing sites have given it a terrible review.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 10:27 PM
I'd rather go on what other gamers say than review sites, since I've rarely seen a review site or magazine give a fair review to any game.

Take a look at the reviews on GameFAQs, it's pretty much split 50/50 between almost perfect scores or low scores.

People either love it, or just can't handle the fact that it's so open and you're left to figure pretty much all of it out on your own.

So it's not for everyone, maybe it is too open sometimes, but I like it that way, and it doesn't mean it's an awful game.

SomethingBig
07-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Judging from what IGN said, it doesn't seem like a terrible game, but the load times are what bring it down. They said that there are tons and tons of load times that are seconds long and by the time you finally get into the game, you're so tired of the load screen that you just stop playing. If load times weren't an issue, I probably would give it a go.

And IGN is quite fair with their video-games, not to say that anyone would agree with each and every one of their reviews. They post their reviews along with reviews of actual gamers, so you get different views from different people.

GooeyToast
07-29-2005, 11:07 PM

~Keep it gooey~

let down yes, worst game no.

peace out and :rock:
EE

I know, but this thread is a matter of opinion, not fact.

~Keep it gooey~

Lionx
07-30-2005, 01:10 AM
I hope you got confused and mean FF11 and not FF9, as FF9 is one of the better Final Fantasies.

As for worst game, it's definitely Jak and Daxter for me.

I hope you got it confused for FFX because 9 and 11 are way better than either of em D: Well to me anyway.

Most wrestling and sports game suck x_x

Shoeberto
07-30-2005, 01:16 AM
In recent memory, Predator: Concrete Jungle was pretty bad. A shame, really, because the premise was quite good.

Lindy
07-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Concrete Jungle wasn't a BAD game per se, it just sort-of...lacked.

I mean, it was great fun to play as the Predator, the controls were good, but the fighting and combos were a little too scripted, the enemies a little too bland.

Worth a rental, just not much more.

Lionx
07-30-2005, 02:59 AM
With graphics as advanced as they are now, i am sure it really doesnt matter unless it REALLY sucks.

Excelsior
07-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Doom 3

Fixed. :p

SomethingBig
07-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3

Fixed. :p
Refixed. :mad2: And if I catch you messin' with my posts again... Boy you're gonna get it. :greenie:

And I liked Doom 3. If anyone in my home had a good enough computer, I would've finished it.

Erdrick Holmes
07-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah, Doom 3 kicked ass.

SomethingBig
07-30-2005, 05:59 PM
All of the DooMs did.