PDA

View Full Version : My name is...?

Lenna
07-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Okay so everyone has a name on this forum (their nickname = the screenname they use on the forum)

How did you think of your name? How did you think of any previous names you had before you changed to the one you have now? How long did you use those names for. And do you think that the majority of people who join the forums for the first time have a FF related name and then perhaps change it later on?

My first name on the forum was
xlxRenoxlx:
I chose this because I was a big fan of FF7 and Reno is my favourite character in that game. I love his attitude etc and the way he handles things. The xlx's stand for kisses :P and make it decorative. I had this name for about a month.

Lenna:
This name was actually what I used on the chat room about a few days after I started going there.
I chose this name because Faris told me that we were like twins (cause I showed her my pic.) and I was quite happy about that so I changed my nickname on the Chat room to Lenna (due to Lenna being Faris's twin sister in FFV (Although according to someone on the Chat room Reina is the correct term used in all the FFV games and Lenna was used in a Fan translation only. But I dunno :P)

People then found it annoying that I was using Lenna on the chat rooms and xlxRenoxlx on the forums, because people didn't know who I was, so Loony_BoB changed my name for me <3.

I don't think I'll be changing my name because I'm so used to being called Lenna and I love it :D so there ya go :D

Parker
07-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I was looking for a new nickname/email so I looked at the first thing I saw on my computer desk. It was a pen.

Actually it wasn't a Parker pen, but I think Parker is better than "crappy ran-out-of-ink biro".

Kakashi509
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
kakashi=favorite naruto character
509=my favorite number
kakashi509=used it on every forum

The Anarchy Angel
07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I have a T-shirt that has wings on the back, that gave me the nick name 'Angel', and i'm not quite the sweet n simple fluffy angel, so i rammed 'Anarchy' on the front. Then 'The' just was a common word that everyone uses and made me the only one ^_^; eheh, so it stuck.

I'm bored of it now though ¬_¬

Little Miss Awesome
07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Psy :cool:

Cruise Control
07-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Name changes are the spawn of Satan. They make me all "who the hell are you?".

I chose bbomber72000 cause its my email, and I like megaman who is the blue bomber, 72000 was added by Yahoo!.

boris no no
07-29-2005, 02:26 PM
boris was a spider. i chased my sister with it and she shouted no no! xD
i used to be called irvines_teddy_bear like a million years ago when i joined i think 4 years ago

Hawkeye
07-29-2005, 02:27 PM
EspinozaWOLFF is my only other one. Last names combined :D

Social Moon Firesky
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Social Moon = I misread a passage in my English mock, and thought it said 'social moon'.
Firesky = I added it for the sake of it.

Meat Puppet
07-29-2005, 02:38 PM
My name in real life is actually Meat Puppet.

ZuZu
07-29-2005, 02:50 PM
ZuZu is just abbreviation from my real name Susanna
I like short names

Chris...don't even think about it.... :mad:

Dreddz
07-29-2005, 02:54 PM
I did a prank call one time to a friend and when he said who it was I tried to think of a weird name so I said Gibbi
The 8 part was probably because I was high when I was signing up

Zeldy
07-29-2005, 02:58 PM
This thread bought that nursery rhyme into my head ^^;

My name is.. Hi-lo, Jack-alo, Jack-alo, high-lo, high lo, jack-alo, jack-alllooo-yo!

Zelda? ^^; it came from the game, but i chose it so long ago that i cant remember why i chose it.
I was 'Zelda4Eternity' on Psoquest as Zelda was taken ^^;
Im known as Zelda almost every forum but i also call myself 'Deranged Insanity' on music forums.
Or i change it to 'Zeldy~'
or 'Lintu' which is finnish for bird and also lauri's nickname
Most people call me either Zelda or Zeldy [I prefer Zeldy <3]
Which why my msn name has gone from 'Z E L D A' to 'Z E L D Y'

Lindy
07-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I had Lindz, which Bonnie (Harlequil, Tokkiquil, Tokki, Linuxaoituzi, heartshot) came up with, but everyone started using it.

So, she invented Lindy Hop for something less populist, and I shortened it to Lindy.

She also called me Lindu the Hindu, but that's not quite so catchy.

crashNUMBERS
07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
I made a thread like this before so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote... XD

I got mine because once when me and my brother had MSN he gave me the username crash and put the option for random numbers. So you can say I charish this name...

Lindy
07-29-2005, 03:11 PM
What do you mean "old noob days"? You only joined six months ago to this day.

crashNUMBERS
07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Im not a n00b anymore. Not saying Im an oldbie. Im just a member. There a problem??

Lindy
07-29-2005, 03:14 PM
I'd hardly call six months ago "old", that's what.

crashNUMBERS
07-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Fine. How about 8 months?? And Im still not a noobie!!

Lindy
07-29-2005, 03:21 PM
8 months you're a vet, since you'll have a custom title.

Primus Inter Pares
07-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Primus Inter Pares = First Among Equals...

A bit of latin for ya :)

I am better known as Varalf(elsewhere) though which is a combination of Varulf and Alf meaning Werewolf and Elf respectively :)

And yes, my arrogance is astounding.

Apollo
07-29-2005, 03:33 PM
My name used to be Mr.Black Mage, because I like Black Mages. <333 But I got tired of that name. Apollo was the first name I could think of so I went with that. xD I love my screen name though, I use it practically everywhere on the internet. :D

ThroneofDravaris
07-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Throne of Dravaris is a name I made up back in my war-gamming days. In a world were everyone made up inspired names for there generals, I decided to go against grain and create a name or the chair he sat on, and left his name blank. Man I’m witty.

Dravaris itself is actually a derivative (or more an embellishment) of the name “Dralor”, who was the BIGGEST A$$ #@!! Warhammer had ever seen. He was a Dark Elf player (like myself) who kept getting banned for his constant whining about how weak Games Workshop had made the army. Last time I was there he was still around under a different user name, but that was about a year and a half ago…

Rye
07-29-2005, 03:42 PM
My name used to be RikkuYuna89 because I liked both characters and was a big FFX nerd.

I got Rye because BoB said that he read RY89 as "Rye" and I didn't want to have an FF name anymore as everyone associates that with newbies, thus looking down on me (which is pretty dumb to me) so I changed the name.

I lurv Rye now, and would never change it, except to "Ryechu" as that's my new LJ and what a lot of people call me.

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 03:48 PM
It came to me in a moment of <s>madness</s> epiphany.

fire_of_avalon
07-29-2005, 04:10 PM
*shrug* Just made it up.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
At least it's better than burning_grail_resting_place.

Shauna
07-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Yuna- Yuna
Elena- Elena... Grandia 2, not FF7, as many people might think.

But, most people just call me Shauna... or Yee... or y_e... It's all good? xD :love: :love: :D :D

Doomie
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Or at least that's what Strider said. :<3: I dunno, seemed like the funniest thing to do at the time.

Little Miss Awesome
07-29-2005, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Primus Inter Pares]Primus Inter Pares = First Among Equals...
QUOTE]
That is beautiful, I love it :love:
I might make my name Latin, only I don't know any latin :(

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Littleus Missus Awesomeus. Has a nice ring to it.

-N-
07-29-2005, 06:28 PM
If I had my way it would just be N, but BoB said I had to have three characters. :\

Meat Puppet
07-29-2005, 06:45 PM
-N- has more pep anyway.

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 06:50 PM
-N- looks like it's flying, which means you're high, which means you take drugs, which means you're on the run from the law, which means you're a criminal, which means you shouldn't be posting here, which means you should be banned.

rubah
07-29-2005, 07:24 PM
rubah is an 'ah' nick for rubylapiz, my rp and IRC nick.

Incidentally, I found out after the fact that it means 'fox' in indonesian xD

Suteki Da Ne?
07-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Suteki da ne? is japenese for isnt it beautiful? The song where Tidus and yuna kiss in ffx.

Mercen-X
07-29-2005, 09:28 PM
A mercenary named Xandra Crosse who is a character in a console game I'm writing.

Fuzakeru
07-29-2005, 09:33 PM
My name is Japanese as well meaning to play, mess, horse, and or screw around. I think that describes me well, doncha think?

Before that it was LadySteph because everything I owned at the time was LadySt3ph and I didn't want people teasing me for the 3. ^.^

kikimm
07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
My dad made it up.

:D

Kittay
07-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Mine is dumb.

Well I just joined, so I only have this one name.

Basically, I love cats. When I see one, I want to squeeze it. In my excitement, I usually yell "KITTY!" but with my Jersey accent, it's more like "KITTAY!". My whole family says "kittay" when yelling, as a matter of fact. :confused:

So I wanted something that fit me, that no one else would have. I doubt anyone else would have this anyway. :greenie:

GooeyToast
07-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Hmmm.....now it comes to me.

What to say?

GooeyToast is a great combination of woids. That's all there is to it.

~Keep it gooey~

Sapphiresea
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
*Sapphiresea... well I just like the sound of it!!!*

Medi
07-29-2005, 11:03 PM
medigo - a skill of omega weapon in ff8 called "Medigo Flare" Meggido is a field or something like that in the book of revelation

doom - is well, doom

Odaisé Gaelach
07-29-2005, 11:18 PM
I used to call myself Odyessy (long before I joined here) but I could never remember how to spell it properly. So I just used the Irish word for Odyessy and it became Odaise.

The Jamie Star Scenario
07-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Came to me like the awesome sound of 80's electro-disco. Awesome.

Spiffing Cheese
07-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Cheese is spiffing.

Sepho
07-30-2005, 12:17 AM
<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Members/SePhOZO">Overly wordy explanation of 'Sepho'</a>

Explanation for 'Timmie':

&#60;Sepho&#62; I'm bored. Whoever makes the first suggestion for a username, I will ask RSL to change my username to the one suggested.

<i>Many lines of chatters passing up this wonderful opportunity
A few seconds of inactivity occur</i>

&#60;RubyLapiz&#62; Timmie xD!
&#60;RubyLapiz&#62; RSL, change his name to Timmie!
&#60;RSL&#62; Is he alright with this?
&#60;Sepho&#62; ...sure.
&#60;RSL&#62; Okay.

It's only for three months.

Mercen-X
07-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Oh

rubah
07-30-2005, 12:57 AM
<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Members/SePhOZO">Overly wordy explanation of 'Sepho'</a>

Explanation for 'Timmie':

<Sepho> I'm bored. Whoever makes the first suggestion for a username, I will ask RSL to change my username to the one suggested.

<i>Many lines of chatters passing up this wonderful opportunity
A few seconds of inactivity occur</i>

<RubyLapiz> Timmie xD!
<RubyLapiz> RSL, change his name to Timmie!
<RSL> Is he alright with this?
<Sepho> ...sure.
<RSL> Okay.

It's only for three months.

You mean six, right?

Denmark
07-30-2005, 01:06 AM
I will go through all of mine because I have a few minutes to waste.

Astos - without a doubt the best FF1 character. honestly. >:O

Fiend - thought I had to re-register when the board reset when all I really needed to do was log in. stupid n00b. >:O

Astos - I changed back because I felt like it. >:O

Roostos - I asked Roogle in his Eyes on YOU thread if I could call him Rooster. He countered by asking if he could call me Roostos. So I got a name change, much to Roog's dismay.

Wuppalitos - not a forum name, but used on #eoff. I was forced to use it by Roogle because he got confused in chat. shortened to Wuppa. this is where my LJ name comes from too, btw.

Sarbles - another Roogle name, since he begged me to change from Roostos.

Sadia - Roogle's SISTER's name. xD

Denmark - something happened in chat where Psy said something about Denmark and I changed my nick in chat to that and soon after got my forum name changed to that and like have used it ever since plzkthx.

Rye
07-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Den to the Mark~

Sepho
07-30-2005, 01:08 AM
You mean six, right?

Three >:O

Shoden
07-30-2005, 01:09 AM
hi my name is what?
my name is who?!
my Name is Spyke include the y plrsdr i prefer it

shoden is some old name i made up

disapointedchild
07-30-2005, 04:16 AM
Was depressed, at how life was going at the time.
Then I found this place. :cry:

Primus Inter Pares
07-30-2005, 05:22 AM
[QUOTE=Primus Inter Pares]Primus Inter Pares = First Among Equals...
QUOTE]
That is beautiful, I love it :love:
I might make my name Latin, only I don't know any latin :(
Parvus = little
Domina = Mistress
prodigiosus and mirus = Wonderful

Parvus Domina Mirus
or
Parvus Domina Prodigious

Help any? The grammar is a bit off I think but it works as it stands :P
:love:

Rase
07-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Dark_Paladin_Cecil: My first and only other name on these forums, I choose it because Final Fantasy IV is one of my favorite FF's. I always liked Cecil, but wished there was a way to have him be a Dark Knight and Paladin. So, for a name, I chose it. Also known as Dark Paladin or DPC.

Rase: Changed from Dark_Paladin_Cecil in February of this year. A combination of me and a friends names. My name is Ryan and his was Chase. I changed it because I wanted a more unique, non FF name.

Shoeberto
07-30-2005, 06:21 AM
Hsu is one of the main characters of the comic Hsu and Chan, published monthly in Electronic Gaming Monthly. Prior to being subscribed, I read the comic in one of my friend's copies and the name stuck in my head. After close to a year of Zell 007, I changed.

I don't care much for the name anymore, but I don't know what I should change it to.

dskfl;;;;, which is what I use at ASC, was just another attempt of mine to show up incognito there. See, at every incarnation of the board since I've been around, I tried to use a different user name and see how long it took them to figure it out because I was a big fat jerk. Sometimes I use this other places, but not often. If I do, I usually have to use diskliff, because they don't allow semicolons in usernames.

Justanotherguy is my #eoff name. It's lame, I know. I made it when I first started going into #eoff to, again, try and fool people. It stuck.

I go by Shoe when it's available these days, though most times it's taken since it's admittedly not a very original name. In its place, usually I'll use Shoeberto, short for Shoeberto Ramirez. He's a world-reknown latin lovernaut and dragon slayer. In my head.

Black Mage
07-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Black Mage.

I've been using it here for quite some time, and with the boom of that 8-bit Theater comic strip some time afterwards, I'm glad I joined here when I did. I remember checking to see if it was taken, and though there was a fellow by the name of "Blak Mage" posting around, as you obviously can see, this one wasn't taken.

I never really thought much about changing my user name here, especially since all three people that know me here would no longer recognize me. That, and the name Black Mage would most likely be taken again within seconds, assuming it's up for grabs when you change.

But, to answer the thread's question, I liked Black Mages from FFI, FFIII and FFV. Oddly enough, I think I joined right around when FFIX (Maybe a few months before hand) and there was a lot of noise about Black Mages returning. I suppose that may have influenced my original choice.

Sorry to bore you with my ramblings.

Del Murder
07-30-2005, 07:04 AM
It what Del do when Del mad.

Vyk
07-30-2005, 07:30 AM
I'll make this short this time. I was young and easily influenced, my bro got FF1. His team consisted of 2 fighters. He named them Krim and Krom. I stole them. I added Vy to Krom to give it some flare. And Vyk is just short for Vykrom.

Rusty
07-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I just thought of my favourite surf brand 'Rusty' :)

Jack
07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I thought of the most lame name in the world and then thought
"Silly Me! Who COULD be more lame then myself?!"

Old Manus
07-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi! My name is (what?)...my name is (who?)...
my name is... Slim Shady

Jimsour
07-30-2005, 05:48 PM
I've went through loads of names. But I only really ever stuck with "Jim".

Since Jim is taken on this forum, I put a sour on the end of it.

herbie08
07-30-2005, 07:04 PM
My last name in Herbaugh, and people in high school and college just called me Herbie for short. Most people tack on a 'The Love Bug' (You know, like the car) at the end, but I wanted to keep the name short and simple. 08 is the year I graduate from the Naval Academy, and graduation year is a big deal for alumni for more reasons than I care to mention on this thread.

Spammerman
07-30-2005, 11:16 PM
I moxed my favorite character from video games, Link from the Legend of Zelda Series.Then I added my birthday 3/17/93, which is oddly the corner numbers on a number pad.

Endless
07-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Master Vivi: When I joined, Vivi was taken, so I picked that since that's how Steiner refers Vivi as throughout most of the game.

Endless: go read Neil Gaiman's <i>The Sandman</i>. NOW.

Slade
07-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Ive only gone by one name the whole time ive been here. Slade comes from the cartoon series 'Teen Titans'. He's one of the main villians. Shrouded in mystery because he keeps his mug concealed behind his mask............... So damn cool :D

Zanius
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
In my circumstances was a little weird. I write a story named The Universal Warriors, and the main character's name is soul_hunter, a mercenary... :p :D

So when I joined to this forum, I decided to use this name. Real weird ya? :)

RPG Freak
08-01-2005, 04:39 PM
RPG is my favourite tipe of game and that's all!

faster skating penguin
08-01-2005, 05:01 PM
My original name was "masturbating penguin" which I got while looking at a picture of a penguin who appeared to be masturbating.

Within a day of my registration I was changed to "faster skating penguin" which I don't much mind either.

NightShadow
08-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I chose my user name NightShadow because I like it when it's dark.I hate the sunlight and the morning glow *shots beam at sun and blows up*.Plus NightShadow means that the Night has a Refection of shadow,now it's always be EVERYWHERE *turns light off and turns flashlight on towards face* hahahahhaahah.

Dixie
08-02-2005, 02:13 PM
When I came here, my name was Dixie(It is now, but...), But then I changed it to Ratiasu.

Ratiasu = Japanese name for Latias. (I'm a Pokemon freak and my favorite one is Latias.) I changed it to that and kept it for a while.

I wanted Dixie back. So I changed it back.

Dixie = An awesome name I thought up.

Terran
08-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I roleplay as a certain Elven Bard named Terran so I decided to go with it. My friends made a joke about him so to my friends I am Terran the Sexy Elf. lol?

Winter Nights
08-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Autumn Rain was a poem I wrote. Kinda liked the way it sounded, so..

Madonna
08-03-2005, 01:43 AM
I inherited it from a previously banned member. I asked the admins to give the guy my old name and me his. :|

Tama2
08-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Play Tama drums, and just a 2 for the hell of it I guess.

Roxula
08-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi! My name is (what?)...my name is (who?)...
my name is... Slim Shady
darn you beat me to it manus I just made up a name on the spot

Raistlin
08-03-2005, 01:51 AM
I inherited it from a previously banned member. I asked the admins to give the guy my old name and me his. :|
Well how'd you get the name Lynx?

Raistlin's an awesome character from an awesome book series. I haven't changed it since I registered at FFO sometime in mid-1999, and I'm probably never going to change it(with the rare exceptions of events like RSL Day).

Yamaneko
08-03-2005, 01:57 AM
It's a word I made-up.

Mahal Kita
08-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Ever wondered how to say "I love you" in the language of the Philippines?

*points to name* :-)

RSL
08-03-2005, 02:51 AM
A million years ago I registered at FF:WA as Rydia's Secret Lover. Totally random name I thought of on the spot. Then I used it when I registered here.

Most people called me RSL for short anyway and I got tired of the full name (it dawned on my much later how stupid the name really was) but I've stuck with RSL as that's how I'm known.

rcabronx
08-03-2005, 03:20 AM
mine is actually my three initials (first, maiden last, married last), and where i'm from (the bronx)....however, on a different forum where I go by the same, someone brought it to my attention that it could be interpreted as r-cabron-x.... cabron is a curse word in spanish, which should have dawned on me being that i'm hispanic... so that's it. :rolleyes2