PDA

View Full Version : Names.......

danny_the_raider
07-29-2005, 03:24 PM
does anyone in final fantasy 10 apart from auron actually know tidus's name because they never say it.

just curious

danny_the_raider

Cruise Control
07-29-2005, 04:15 PM
They can't say Tidus name, because they let you name him.

OwneD
07-29-2005, 07:16 PM
he doesn't got a name actually cuz u name him

Craig
07-29-2005, 07:26 PM
People will refer to him by whatever you call him, just not in voice acting sequences.

boys from the dwarf
07-29-2005, 07:43 PM
in KH its said by one of the character and hes pronounced tee-dus but i pronounce it tie-dus but what should happen is if you change his name they dont say it and if you keep it the same they say his name.

Tai-Ti
07-31-2005, 11:43 AM
no they dont, i kept his name the same, and they didnt say it, they probaly say it behind his back n stuff, so i guess they know it, tis a mystery, i think the game would have been better if they didnt let u name him.

Cruise Control
07-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Exactly, in X-2 its annoying when they say him.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
no they dont, i kept his name the same, and they didnt say it, they probaly say it behind his back n stuff, so i guess they know it, tis a mystery, i think the game would have been better if they didnt let u name him.
you misunderstood me.i meant they should say his name if you keep it the same not that they actually do.

BabyVixen
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Well they must know his name since Yuna did fall in love with him and go on a pilgrimage with him. Actually I never actually thought that Auron did know his name

Big D
07-31-2005, 10:29 PM
Lots of NPCs call him by his name. It's only in text-based dialogue, but it's there.

Pouring Rain
07-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Its really weird. Like, they act as if he had no name. It's "him", "boy, "you", and "he". Um, like, I think they should like have it so like, you click on a name and then they'll actually say whatever name you named him as him. It would be so awesome. But SE don't got enough brains of thinking of that idea, so its just the basic plural nouns, I guess.

DragonTU84
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Its really weird. Like, they act as if he had no name. It's "him", "boy, "you", and "he". Um, like, I think they should like have it so like, you click on a name and then they'll actually say whatever name you named him as him. It would be so awesome. But SE don't got enough brains of thinking of that idea, so its just the basic plural nouns, I guess.

Well, if they decided to have everyone actually say Tidus' name, then no one would have the ability to rename him (as with the other characters), and if they were to decide to keep the ability of renaming the character and have the other characters voice his name, then imagine how long it would take them just to have each character mouth and pronounce every single name possible!?!?! :whoa:

abrojtm
08-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Or what if you named him sFDjlkg!?

Floorgasborg
08-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Or what if you named him sFDjlkg!?

Then it would end up as a funny spelling for 'Teedus'...speaking of which, I am incredibly glad they don't say his name, since it would thoroughly drive me crazy, with that screechy pronunciation of his name. Ty-dus suits me fine and fits in with 'tide' a lot nicer than 'Teeeedus!' Bloody name.
Perhaps noone wants to actually talk to him, so they don't bother saying his name. Lord knows I'd not want to talk to him. Bloody Tidus
Might've been easier if Sin had killed that brat in the first half hour. Bloody Sin.

Yliette
08-03-2005, 04:47 AM
The official pronunciation of the name is "Tee-duss" but the common mistaken pronunciation is "Tie-dus". Also in the Japanese version (from an unknown source), Yuna will finally mention his name at the end by saying "Tee-da-su".

TheAbominatrix
08-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Lots of NPCs call him by his name. It's only in text-based dialogue, but it's there.

It's funny how everyone has blatantly ignored this.

Big D
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey, this is the internet. It exists for pointless bitching and needlessly criticial whining about things that really aren't so bad. My post was defeating The Purpose, so it deserved to be ignored.

TheAbominatrix
08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh D, your wisdom never ceases to astound me :<3:

Fireblade13
08-05-2005, 05:32 PM
THE MYSTERY OF THE NAME on the next TWILIGHT ZONE!