PDA

View Full Version : Namie Amuro

Rye
07-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I just got her STYLE CD today from yesasia.com~ This CD is nice so far. Namie Amuro is my first or second favourite J-Pop artist. Well, I'm not that into J-pop so I don't have many, but she's pretty good. A good way to put her music and singing in this CD is like... a Japanese Christina Aguilera jr. She has a good voice, but she doesn't right her own songs, I think, and the music is hip-hop, dance and pop.

My favourite songs off of the CD are Namie's Style, So Crazy, Put'em Up, Come and Wishing On The Same Star but I've only listened to a bit of the album. :) What do you think of Namie if you've heard her?

The things I don't really like is how some songs are just a bit too hip-hop for my taste, it has the stuff that annoys me with hip-hop, like the featuring of an annoying artist, the mentioning of jewels and personal possessions, stuff like that. But I can deal with it because... I CAN'T UNDERSTAND JAPANESE. <3 I love how that works out, since I'd be repulsed if I had to listen to a song with all bad lyrics in English.

Chris
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Is that her in your sig and avatar? xD

Rye
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Nope, that's Utada Hikaru. xD

EDIT:

http://bemuse.hp.infoseek.co.jp/images/casle/amuro_namie.jpg

That is Namie.

DK
07-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought the same thing, Chris. and I would. Both of them. At the same time. :D!

Never heard her, though. Dunno if J-pop would really be my thing, apart from Yatta. xD

Rye
07-29-2005, 07:31 PM
I thought the same thing, Chris. and I would. Both of them. At the same time. :D!

Never heard her, though. Dunno if J-pop would really be my thing, apart from Yatta. xD

Yatta goes beyond the barriers of genre, it's so good. xD

DK
07-29-2005, 07:38 PM
xDD I agree. Actually, you listen to it again, it sounds like a Japanese version of YMCA. I think the bassline might be the same, or similar, but it really sounds like it. Which would probably explain the video xD

Rusty
07-30-2005, 02:04 PM
I haven't heard of Namie Amuro before - though now that I know a bit about her I'd like to listen to some of her music. Rye you decribed some of her songs as hip-hop - so what song/s would you recommend that I listen to?

:)

Kurohime
07-30-2005, 04:20 PM
My favorite song on that CD has got to be "Four Seasons." ^_^ Of course, me being an Inuyasha fan, I would have loved that song, either way, but...

"Wishing on the Same Star" is also a really nice song.

I think she should lay off the Engrish sometimes, though. XD But other than that, she's one of the J-pop artists that I do rather like.

Rye
07-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah, sometimes she uses too much Engrish.

Put'em Up, Namie's Style and Fish are the more Hip Hop songs, but Fish bugs me a bit. Namie's Style is a really catchy song.