PDA

View Full Version : Calculator

Disturbed0Ne
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
OK, I just spent an insane amount of time out of my way to get this guy and now taht I have him...well...i dont know waht hes good at, I've heard from all sorts of people that a calculating mage is so awesome but I dont get whats so good about him.

Right now I have Exp and 4 as my calculator abilities and when i match them up with a spell I really dont see waht is supposed to happen. So could some members plz tell me why they are so good and how to use them well. Thanks

-0Ne

BG-57
07-30-2005, 04:24 AM
First of all, you need all the Math Skills to be effective.

Multiples
Prime (calculates based on any prime number)
5 (calculates based on multiples of 5)
4 (calculates based on multiples of 4)
3 (calculates based on multiples of 3)

Parameters
Level (calculates based on character levels)
Exp (calculates based on character experience)
Height (calculates based on elevation)
CT (calculates based on CT)

Choose a parameter and multiple and a spell to cast.

For example, selecting 'Exp' and '4' and 'Cure' would cast cure on everyone on the field with an experience that is 4, 8, 12, or any other multiple of 4. The same deal for any other spell.

The nice thing about Calculators is that they can cast spells from white magic, black magic, time mage and oracle skill sets instantly at no MP cost. :D

Math Skills works best as a secondary skill set though.

Vod
07-30-2005, 04:38 AM
I keep meaning to use calculators but i'll be honest...I forgot the job requirements >_< I also forgot the job requirements for samurai and ninja cause I rarely use those...oh well thats off topic calculators are good though if you get them to cast holy on everything but have chameleon robes so it heals you and hurts them mwahahahaha!!1

rock on message board \m/ >_< \m/

BG-57
07-30-2005, 04:45 AM
I know that too. :)

Calculator
Level 4 Priest
Level 4 Wizard
Level 3 Time Mage
Level 3 Oracle

Samurai
Level 3 Knight
Level 4 Monk
Level 2 Lancer

Ninja
Level 3 Archer
Level 4 Thief
Level 2 Geomancer

Vod
07-30-2005, 06:50 AM
oh right -=smacks forehead=- silly me, oh hey I know this isn't the place or time but if any of you have read that FFT novel i'm writing (the link is in my sig) could you e-mail me and tell me what you think (it's on the site and i've only done the prologue so far)