PDA

View Full Version : How do u kill the weapons?!

01Princessguard
07-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi im new to this, so hi every1 :D .

Anyway i beaten ultimate weapon, but how on earth do u kill the other 2?!
Im level 76ish is that too low? Or dont i have the right materia on?
Please help!! :ty:

Primus Inter Pares
07-30-2005, 08:29 PM
1. :twak: Welcome to EoFF
2. This goes in FFVII forums
3. Hurray! I got another first Usernote slave
4. Emerald is easy if you use Airetam Storm to your advantage
To beat Ruby it is recommended that you have Knights of the round...

°ŋ°ŋ°
07-30-2005, 09:12 PM

how r you supposed to use that to your advantage lol ? its the only reason i cant kill the emerald weopon on my good file on my bad file i can cuz i used gameshark =/

redxiiii
07-30-2005, 10:03 PM

how r you supposed to use that to your advantage lol ? its the only reason i cant kill the emerald weopon on my good file on my bad file i can cuz i used gameshark =/
If Aire tam storm is killing you don`t equip you characters with to much materia because that is what the damage it does is based on.

Peter_20
07-30-2005, 11:43 PM
RUBY WEAPON - this well-known setup practically guarantees victory:

EQUIPMENT
Ragnarok
Mystile
Ribbon

WEAPON SLOTS
Knights of Round=HP Absorb, Master Summon=MP Turbo, Mime=Command Counter

ARMOR SLOTS
Fire=Elemental, W-Summon, HP Plus, MP Plus, (anything else)

Cast Knights of Round x 2 once and the rest will go on by itself.
Cloud automatically give priority to the tentacles, too, so donīt worry about that part. :D

Kakashi509
07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
get lvl 99 first then we'll talk

Peter_20
07-30-2005, 11:56 PM

Already done, ALL my chars reached that level long ago! :D
Iīve ALSO got 8 Master Magic, 8 Master Command, 4 Master Summon, 8 HP Plus, 8 MP Plus, 8 Cover and 10 Counter Attack Materias! :cool:

So, get to the point now! ;)

Levian
07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
attack them

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 12:14 AM

Iīve ALSO got 8 Master Magic, 8 Master Command, 4 Master Summon, 8 HP Plus, 8 MP Plus, 8 Cover and 10 Counter Attack Materias! :cool:

for Ruby weapon:
you can only hurt him when his tentacles aren't in the sand obviously. First what I did eitehr use Neo Bahahmut or Bahamut ZERO (I recommend using ZERO) take out Ruby's tentacles then summon KOTR and attack Ruby. You then should be able to finish him off with Chaos if Vincent is in your party if not just use Omnislash instead

Rostum
07-31-2005, 12:29 AM
I didn't realise we were showing off how big we are.

Peter_20
07-31-2005, 01:39 AM
I didn't realise we were showing off how big we are.

What?

The Jamie Star Scenario
07-31-2005, 01:48 AM
I am 7'3"

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Knock them all down with your big sword!

Rengori
07-31-2005, 02:16 AM
Anyway i beaten ultimate weapon, but how on earth do u kill the other 2?!
Fight them.

Edit: Oh, and use English, not leet, so everone can understand you. I see no point in leet, thus I never bothered to learn.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 09:50 AM
im level 81 and i have KoTR and omnislash and also pheonix and final attack.everyone is on ultimate weapon and 9999hp i also have everyones ultimate limit(cloud tifa and barrets.) i will be able to cast haste.do you think im ready to take on the weapons?

Crop
07-31-2005, 03:10 PM

Someone spends to much time at FF7......

Peter_20
07-31-2005, 03:25 PM

Someone spends to much time at FF7......

Well, I started this file many months ago, and I only play at night, about four hours or something.
During the day, I usually do lots of other stuff, and this time, Iīm striving to make a PERFECT party.
I`m also gonna get 255 in all Stats for every character.

Remember, I usually only play at night, and I think itīs pretty fun to build my characters like this.
Feels cool, for some reason.

And yes, I do have friends.

* White Aeris *
07-31-2005, 03:48 PM

well if you have 9999 hp put on 2 materials and Airetam Storm will do 2222hp damage leaving you with 7777hp! da dah! all lucky 7s! yay!

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 05:56 PM

well if you have 9999 hp put on 2 materials and Airetam Storm will do 2222hp damage leaving you with 7777hp! da dah! all lucky 7s! yay!
OMG thank you!!! yay woo thanx. bye bye weapons.hahahaha!!!thanks.

Ohhh
07-31-2005, 07:09 PM
okay i'll just go try that! and may i say i have a lv.99 par-tay and still cant beat that damn ruby weapon :(

Rengori
07-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, I started this file many months ago, and I only play at night, about four hours or something.
During the day, I usually do lots of other stuff, and this time, Iīm striving to make a PERFECT party.

Remember, I usually only play at night, and I think itīs pretty fun to build my characters like this.

Four hours a night!?!?!

Peter_20
07-31-2005, 07:51 PM

Four hours a night!?!?!

Well, not every time.
I usually start at 11:30 or something, and then I could lie awake until 03:00 if Iīm sufficiently entertained.
Iīm a night-owl, and I like staying up at night. :D
And for some reason, games are always extra entertaining during the night. :cool:

I donīt find my huge Materia stock to be anything that special.
Itīs easy to get all that if you take advantage of the Double and Triple growth equipment.

Ohhh
07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
lol why is everyone making a big deal out of four hours? it isnt long to play ff...

Rengori
07-31-2005, 07:58 PM
That's a long time for any video game. I usually go outside or something after an hour.

Peter_20
07-31-2005, 08:43 PM
lol why is everyone making a big deal out of four hours? it isnt long to play ff...
That's a long time for any video game. I usually go outside or something after an hour.

Four hours ainīt that long.
Actually, FF7 isnīt a game you pick up to entertain yourself for five minutes before going to work or something,
you actually need TIME on your hands for a game like that.
Four hours = average length.
I think it gets excessive after about six or so hours. :D

Cruise Control
07-31-2005, 08:52 PM
I played this game for 12 hours straight, I played ten 25 hours straight.

Ohhh
07-31-2005, 08:53 PM

Actually, FF7 isnīt a game you pick up to entertain yourself for five minutes before going to work or something,
I think it gets excessive after about six or so hours. :D TA-dah!! correct you cant play an rpg for less then an hour, its just plain silly, you wouldnt make hardly any progress, plus i dont know about you guys but ffs are pretty damn addictive video games :D

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 09:10 PM
okay i'll just go try that! and may i say i have a lv.99 par-tay and still cant beat that damn ruby weapon :(
apperently ruby weapon is very easy if you use the right strategy.theres a good one on final fantasy worlds apart.com.

Peter_20
07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
apperently ruby weapon is very easy if you use the right strategy.theres a good one on final fantasy worlds apart.com.

Ruby Weapon is a joke. Really.
Just use this setup and youīre set:

Knights of Round=HP Absorb, Master Summon=MP Turbo
Mime=Command Counter, W-Summon

ARMOR-EXCLUSIVE:
Fire=Elemental

If Ruby attacks, youīll counter with two KOTR, which heal you for about 8000~ HP - twice.
If he uses fire-based attacks, then thatīll heal you too. :D

The tentacles are also given priority, so they always fall first whenever they appear. :rolleyes2

Rengori
07-31-2005, 09:31 PM

I think it gets excessive after about six or so hours. :D TA-dah!! correct you cant play an rpg for less then an hour, its just plain silly, you wouldnt make hardly any progress, plus i dont know about you guys but ffs are pretty damn addictive video games :D
You misread. I play RPG's in 1 hour sittings, I go outside, and then I come back. And right now I'm working on 20 hour RPGs like Chrono Trigger, so I don't need to park myself down for an entire night.

Peter_20
07-31-2005, 09:46 PM

You misread. I play RPG's in 1 hour sittings, I go outside, and then I come back. And right now I'm working on 20 hour RPGs like Chrono Trigger, so I don't need to park myself down for an entire night.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Sounds like me, I canīt sit paralyzed forever either.
I need to walk around or something every now and then.

However, since I usually play after Iīve got to bed, I donīt really want to walk around all the time, for pretty natural reasons. :D

Dreddz
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I was lvl 69 when defeating the weopens, there easy when you know how, compared to Ozma there wee
Go to Gamefaqs and they tell you all you need

ultima88
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
i think i was around lv 60 as well, the best way 2 beat the weapons is to have KOTR, W-summon and at LEAST 2 mimes, coz all u have 2 do have cloud use KOTR then have the other 2 charictors mime it, then once it gets back to clouds turn, insted of breaking the chain, just skip his turn bt pressing O, then just keep doin that, thats what i did ne way

* White Aeris *
08-01-2005, 02:19 PM

OMG thank you!!! yay woo thanx. bye bye weapons.hahahaha!!!thanks.
thats ok, glad to help!

Russielloyd
08-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Ive got a video of me fighting Ruby weapon that i caught off my capture card, which shows what materia i used and how i went bout defeating him.

If anyone wants to see it, i can upload it to my server for anyone that needs help.

Darth Tjador
08-03-2005, 02:02 AM
my guys are levels 45-55 and i have knights of the round and it just won't work cause emerald keeps killing me after i soummon him.:( :confused:

KoShiatar
08-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Your level is too low...which incidentally probably means that your Mime materia aren't mastered, because you would have gained a lot of levels more from that.

Darth Tjador
08-04-2005, 03:29 AM
i don't have mime do you know were i can get it? :confused:

Peter_20
08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
i don't have mime do you know were i can get it? :confused:

Breed a green chocobo and then enter the cave near Wutai.

Meat Puppet
08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Hit them with your sword.

silverpigeon97
08-04-2005, 01:57 PM
aim low

Lawr
08-04-2005, 10:38 PM
The strategy I used to defeat Ruby at 77 I Koed
Barret and Tifa so he wouldnt whirpool Cloud away
I had Final Attack Kinghts of the round and
counterattacks all I had to do is set final Attack
to Life 2 and when you die you come back to life
then use Knights of the round all the time and
mimic yourself and keep repeating and
he died...

Darth Tjador
08-06-2005, 01:28 AM
i don't see the cave.:confused:

Rengori
08-06-2005, 01:41 AM
It's only accesable by green, black, and gold chocobo. The Highwind will not be able to get there.

Fithos
08-06-2005, 02:26 AM
The strategy I used to defeat Ruby at 77 I Koed
Barret and Tifa so he wouldnt whirpool Cloud away
I had Final Attack Kinghts of the round and
counterattacks all I had to do is set final Attack
to Life 2 and when you die you come back to life
then use Knights of the round all the time and
mimic yourself and keep repeating and
he died...

using pheonix materia is also good to combine with final attack.

Kenshin IV
08-06-2005, 05:07 AM
You kill the Weapons by depleting all of their hit points.

G SpOtZ
08-06-2005, 05:33 AM
i hate when people reply to someone who needs help with stupid obvious answers to be funny, just like the one above...

the only time i like obvious answers is when they actually are funny, like meat puppets. lol. if the replies are obvious but not clever and funny(like kenshins), it'd prolly be better to not say it cuz the person needs help.

anyway, you can find the cave by wutai somewhere.... i think. or maybe that was the other one... the only other caves are the KoTR cave (northeastern), the cave by the entrance to Mt. Corel, or the cave somewhere Mideel chain of islands...but you definitely should get mime so don't give up looking for it or anything, it helps A LOT...

Kenshin IV
08-06-2005, 05:54 AM
I <3 people who don't know how to capitalize.

Rengori
08-06-2005, 07:35 AM
And I know I just LOVE to try and understand that goddamn f***in' leet.

MushroomZOMBIE
08-06-2005, 06:14 PM
:rolleyes2

Darth Tjador
08-06-2005, 09:23 PM
inside Wutai or on the world map?

Rengori
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
It's on the world Map. Chocobos can't enter towns anyway.

Dell
12-24-2005, 05:55 AM
does everyone know how to beat ruby and emerald without KotR, mime, Mp turbo or absorber, hp absorber, counter, master materias? It really hard to master more than one materia and KotR takes a lot of AP to master.

Dell
12-24-2005, 05:56 AM
does everyone know how to beat ruby and emerald without KotR, mime, Mp turbo or absorber, hp absorber, counter, master materias? It really hard to master more than one materia and KotR takes a lot of AP to master. they made me mad:mad2: and crying out for loud:(

?????
12-24-2005, 06:13 AM
does everyone know how to beat ruby and emerald without KotR, mime, Mp turbo or absorber, hp absorber, counter, master materias? It really hard to master more than one materia and KotR takes a lot of AP to master. they made me mad:mad2: and crying out for loud:(

There are easy strategies to beat both Ruby and Emerald Weapon. All you need to master is Counter, and maybe some HP Plus materia. You only have to get KOTR up to where you can summon it twice per battle.

For Ruby, equip Cloud with Mystile, and link Mime + Counter in one paired slot, and KOTR + HP Absorb in another. Put enough HP Plus materia to get him to 9999, and put W-Summon on him as well. Finally, add all the extraneous summon materia you can to raise Cloud's Magic stat, and equip him with a related accessory. Now, KO your other two characters before you initiate the battle, so Ruby will bury his arms right away. Then, W-Summon KOTR on him. The key here is that as soon as he does anything, you'll automatically counter by miming KOTR, and since it's linked to HP Absorb you'll get all your HP back every time it hits. He should be dead in fairly short order.

For Emerald, make sure Cloud has 9999 HP and two materia on him. The other two should have KOTR, Mime, and W-Summon arranged in a fashion that will allow you to quickly summon KOTR four times, as well as healing materia to keep everyone at 9999, a few Megalixirs, and a mastered Final Attack + Phoenix. As far as I know, you have to do a certain amount of damage to him before he uses Aire Tam Storm. But if you've hit him with four KOTRs already, once you get in 7777 mode he's dog meat. If he still doesn't die, a couple of Omnislashes or other comparable attacks ought to fix that.

There are of course a number of strategies, but those are what worked for me.

chronic_Maniac
12-24-2005, 06:19 AM
I tell you the truth. To beat the weapons, you must have leveled materia first. I speak with these words, If you don't HIT THEM WITH YOU SWORD!!!
No just joking.

Emerald
Have your hp up to 9999 with one hp plus.
Equip that and a comet materia that can use comet2. Thats all you gotta equip.
When emerald uses air storm you'll get all lucky 7's.
Follow after those attacks with comet2. Each comet will hit for 7777 damage. Keep up and have the rest of your party use any good attacks.

Ruby
Get w-summon
Cast hades on him. Follow that with knights of the round - hp absorb. Start miming

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2005, 12:57 PM
I tell you the truth. To beat the weapons, you must have leveled materia first.
In all honesty, you do NOT tell the truth. :greenie:

raskerino
12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, neither of these are too tough.

There are some general strats that have been listed but the reader should understand that not all of this or any of it is necassary.

-KoTR is a very strong attack, this can be effectively combined with W-Summon for two casts or HP Drain, which will heal you ginormous amounts every turn.
-Another summon, Hades is very useful against Ruby, which will be paralyzed for 15 (or a lot) of turns.
-Most players that can't beat the WEAPONs won't have master materia, so those suggestions won't help, if for some reason you do have it then it'll allow you to combine multiple materia with KoTR.
-I thought I should mention the cheepest way, if you use Cait Sith's limit break slots and get all Cait then you'll kill either. There is a way to slow the slots down but I don't remember.
-Lucky 7s can help. If you have 9999 HP against Emerald and have two materia equipped it will deal 2222 (1111x#of materia equipped) and bring you to 7777 which will cause all attacks to deal 7777.
-Underwater materia is gotten by going to the place you got the submarine and killing a ship enemy with the morph command. You'll get a guidebook which can be traded to a man in Kalm for the underwater materia.
-Final Attack (achieved through the battle arena in the golden saucer) is great, it allows you to cast a spell at death, I recommend Phoenix against Emerald and Revive against Ruby.
-Which brings me to the point of using one character against Ruby, it's whirlwind attack can knock a character out of the fight, to avoid this have one character with all your best stuff and fight it solo, otherwise your best guy could be knocked out of the fight. This is why to connect revive to final attack, so only the one character is healed.
-You don't need to master any of the above, though it helps.
-HP pluses are useful (they're bought at Cosmo Canyon).
-Gravity materia does heavy damage to Emerald.
-4xSlash and hero's drink are very helpful if you're not using KoTR.
-Mimic is the uberness. It as the name implies allows an attack to be mimicked such as w-KoTR.
-Counter combined with mimic means as a response to any attack you counter with your last move, which might just happen to be w-KoTR.

six underground
12-28-2005, 06:57 AM
Here's how when you DON't want to go out of the way to level up your materia to master, or have 8 counters, or final attack, or whatever : :)

at lvl 70+, you can!!:) just luck. I found Emerald harder, get him first. Equip Cloud with KOTR, doesn't matter if it's not mastered, and Slash-All and give the other 2 people (mine were Vincent and Cid) only 2 materias (give one person HP plus and Mime and the other person HP Plus and Enemy Skill - you need BIG GUARD). The 2 MUST HAVE 9999 HP!! Then sit around and try to stay alive with Megalixirs - use W-item - (occasionally shaving off some of Emerald's 1 million HP with limit breaks and KOTR). When your unmastered KOtr runs out and you can't mime anymore, just attack. Get one guy to throw Megalixirs nearly every turn. MP's not that important anymore, just make sure your 2 extra people are at 9999 HP everytime it's Emerald's turn to attack. Then wait for Aire Tam Storm, if it hits your 2 characters at 9999 hp they'll be 7777 hp and get lucky 7 fever. THIS is where you'll get all that damage done. About 2x of that and he'll turn red and die. This is easier said than done because sometimes you might overshoot the Megalixirs and cure yourself from 7777 hp to 9999 hp back again (GUILTY!!:) ). But just be patient, even with just 1 or 2 lucky 7 runs you can finish the rest of it off with Omnislashes (and you'll be getting a lot of that). :) After which, run to shore and SAVE!!! :save: Get your Master Materia please. :)

Now go to Ruby and all you have to do is equip Cloud with your newly mastered KOTR/MAster Summon, give your 2 other characters your 2 Mimes (you now have two - your normal Mime and your Master Command Mime). Give someone else the Hades materia/Master Summon if you didn't use that as well. Give your 3rd person Enemy Skill (BIG GUARD again). You must be able to cast KOtr and Hades multiple times, that's all the work you must prepare for this. :) Do the kill-the-other-two characters bit, ram the Highwind into Ruby. When the tentacles appear call Phoenix to bring everyone else back, then with your 2nd character (the one who has Hades) SUMMON HADES FIRST. This will paralyze him, muhahaha. After that you're FREE to cast KOTR without being countered with Ultima until the sky falls. Keep Big Guard up as needed, otherwise just call KOTR and Mime and Mime. But don't forget to KEEP TABS ON RUBY'S PARALYSIS, after about 6 KoTRs he'll come back to the world, just cast HAdes again. :)

Dell
12-28-2005, 08:31 AM
hey!! thank you everyone , i beat emerald and ruby myself without a mastered KotR, counter, phoenix or final attack (all of them still at level one except lv2 KotR and Phoenix lv4). here are my equipment::D
Cloud: LV 77
Ultima Weapon
Mystile
Ribbon
Barret: Lv 72
Missing Score
Escort Guard
Tetra Elemental
Cid: LV 72
Venus Gospel
Mystile
Sprint Shoes

Cloud Weapon Slot
HP Plus (mastered)+Master Command
Cloud Armor Slot (nothing)

Barret Weapon Slot
MP Plus (mastered)+HP Plus (mastered)
Barret Armor Slot
W-summonLV1+Underwater, KotRLV2+HP AbsorbLV1,
Luck PlusLV1+Magic PlusLV1

Cid Weapon Slot
HP Plus (mastered)+Master Magic
Cid Armor Slot
Final AttackLV1+PhoenixLV4, MimeLV1+CounterLV1

Ruby:

The equipment are same except For Cid And Barret changes for Fire Ring.

Cloud Weapon Slot: Master Summon+HP Plus(mastered), MP Plus(mastered)+W-summonlv1,
Master Magic+Master Command, MP Plus(mastered)
Cloud Armor Slot: Lv4 Phoenix+Final Attack, HP AbsorbLv1+KotRlv2
You can Put Any Other Materia You wish to be mastered to any empty slot.

Barret Weapon Slot: MP Plus(mastered)+HP Plus(mastered), Master Magic+All(mastered)
Barret Armor Slot: MimeLv1+Counter, Luck pluslv1+Magic PlusLv1
You can put any other Materia You wish to be mastered

Cid Weapon Slot: MP Plus(mastered)+HP Plus(mastered), Master Command
Cid Armor Slot: BarrierLv4+All(mastered), TransformLv1+Added EffectLv1

Strategy:

Cloud cast Phoenix to revive other after ruby seal his hand. Then start casting Kotr twice with added effect of healing. If cloud Somehow lost MP, Use megalixir or Turbo ether. Two method:

1) Kotr Till the end (miming it always)
2) Cast Phoenix and Kotr. This will aid you if someone fall down after ruby ultima. (keep miming with it with other character)

Sephitachi7
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Um, I'm not sure if anyone else said this before, but an easy way to beat ruby weapon is equip Hades, KOTR, Mime and W-Summon. W-Summon Hades then KOTR and just keep on miming. It's deathproof...

Gullick
01-01-2006, 01:49 PM
i once heard that if you sell a mastered 'all' materia, and then use that gil against emerald or ruby weapon using 'coin' (throw's second command) you can kill them that way (i've never tried this by the way)

TheSpoonyBard
01-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Coin has a 9,999 damage cap, so you'd have to use it 101 times to kill Emmy.

Vivi123
01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I need help to beat Ruby WEAPON w/o KoR, and FA-R. My three people I use are in the mid-70's.

Shin Gouken
01-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Coin has a 9,999 damage cap, so you'd have to use it 101 times to kill Emmy.

might as well just save the cash and use demi with quadra magic

yuno
01-21-2006, 06:31 PM
ruby is easy.use dazers (item) which can be obtained from the enemies in city of the ancients.it puts ruby in stop status.hades does basically the same thing.attack while ruby is stopped.

mystile is very helpful with emerald.reducing the amount of materia equipped helps as well.demi-quadra magic gives 39996 damage per turn (less than 129987 of kotr,but it'll do).

kotr is not required for either ruby or emerald.kotr simply makes the task easier.

Clone 01
01-22-2006, 12:14 PM
what is Airetam Storm and where do i get it?

Christmas
01-22-2006, 12:21 PM
It is an attack used by Emerald Weapon which deal damage according to the amount of Materias your characters had equipped. 1111 damage for each piece of Materia and you can never get it.