PDA

View Full Version : MGS+ Kill Bill= Twin Snakes

Wiegrahf42
07-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Twin Snakes lost all the heart of Metal Gear Solid. With the addition of first person aiming the fighting is dumbed down, and the cutscenes are reduced to popcorn action movie fare.

Craig
07-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Uma Thurman is hotter than Solid Snake.

ZeZipster
07-30-2005, 10:22 PM

Psychotic
07-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Psycho Mantis is hotter than them both, though.

kikimm
07-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Uma Thurman isn't very nice looking, in my opinion.

I think first person aiming is good. Don't know what's wrong with that...but this week seems to be "Make tons of threads about Metal Gear Solid" week, so it's cool I guess.

:D

Wiegrahf42
07-30-2005, 10:32 PM
I just feel that it killed ingenuity in the game, since you can just cap every guard from a distance. There are lots of interesting strategies you could use, but they become impractical.

Ohhh
08-01-2005, 12:12 AM
id like to question that theory.... snake looks hotter in mgs playstation version though

Markus. D
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
her name aint uma thurman... shes the actor.

her name is Beatrix Kiddo... you find that out in volume 2

and its oh rei she who is hot... aswell as vivica, shes hot to.

edit: it took me 2 watchthroughs of both movies till i stopped calling her uma thurman, notice how they beep out her name until the part where you see her in the classroom (some past flashback or something) and its roll call... she says her real name then.

Big D
08-01-2005, 02:17 AM
I've heard that the voice-acting was all re-recorded for Twin Snakes. Is that true? For both the games in Twin Snakes, I mean? If so, then it seems a really weird choice since it's already all been recorded expertly.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-01-2005, 02:54 AM
I don't know what you mean by "both the games in Twin Snakes." The Twin Snakes is just a remake of MGS1, and yes, the voice acting was redone. Except for Gray Fox, all the voices are provided by the original actors, but they've all improved incredibly since 1998. The original voice acting sounds positively amateurish in comparison.

BatChao
08-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I thought that the first person shooting was great... I mean... it was in MGS2, so it can't be that bad. I also prefer the new voice acting to the original as well... except for Mei Ling... they got rid of her accent!!!! I loved that stereotypical Chinese accent.

As for the new cutscenes....they r0x0red my b0x0rs...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-01-2005, 03:44 AM
I also prefer the new voice acting to the original as well... except for Mei Ling... they got rid of her accent!!!! I loved that stereotypical Chinese accent.Even though she's supposed to be Chinese, Mei Ling had a Korean accent in the 1998 cut.

Big D
08-01-2005, 04:03 AM
I don't know what you mean by "both the games in Twin Snakes."I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that Twin Snakes included the MGS remake as well as Sons of Librety.
The Twin Snakes is just a remake of MGS1, and yes, the voice acting was redone. Except for Gray Fox, all the voices are provided by the original actors, but they've all improved incredibly since 1998. The original voice acting sounds positively amateurish in comparison.Has the script been re-done, or is it the same actors doing the same lines?Even though she's supposed to be Chinese, Mei Ling had a Korean accent in the 1998 cut.I think you once mentioned that Naomi's voice actress uses an American accent in Twin Snakes... in this case, that'd be less authentic than the original. She's supposed to be Zimbabwean, so the 1998 English accent is closer, although still not totally right.
But then, accent changes depending upon where someone lives.

In what formats was Twin Snakes released?

BatChao
08-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Even though she's supposed to be Chinese, Mei Ling had a Korean accent in the 1998 cut.

Ehhh... it didn't sound very Korean to me... She didn't do that Z=J thing... and it just didn't sound Korean. Sounded more like the accent my cousins have... but I guess it's hard to fake accents either way...

MAS82587
08-01-2005, 04:15 AM
actually he has a very good point, and the main point brought up when ppl criticize twin snakes. it was almost as if when konami made twin snakes, they were trying to hurry though it and just make it so they could say they did.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2005, 06:00 AM
It's still a kickass game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-01-2005, 06:07 AM
In what formats was Twin Snakes released?Just GameCube. The whole reason The Twin Snakes was made was that Hideo Kojima wanted to put out an MGS game on a Nintendo console out of his respect for Shigeru Miyamoto.
Has the script been re-done, or is it the same actors doing the same lines?The script was almost completely unchanged. Well, there were actually many changes, but they were almost all extremely minor--just changes in the way things were phrased. The only substantial changes that come to mind are

---

SNAKE: Black project?
BAKER: Secret projects paid for by the Pentagon's black budget. You can avoid a lot of red tape a get a great lead-time on your weapons production. And no one can bother you. Not even those bleeding heart liberals on the Military Oversight Committee.

SNAKE: Black project?
BAKER: Secret projects paid for by the Pentagon's black budget. You can avoid a lot of red tape a get a great lead-time on your weapons production. And no one can bother you. Not even that bunch on the Military Oversight Committee.

---

SNAKE: Bribes.
BAKER: I prefer to think of it as good business.

SNAKE: Bribes.
BAKER: Just call it the military-industrial complex.

---

CAMPBELL: A parachute? You don't think that Liquid survived...?
SNAKE: Impossible. As soon as he jumped out of the pilot's seat, he'd be sliced up faster than an onion on an infomercial.

CAMPBELL: A parachute? You don't think that Liquid survived...?
SNAKE: No way. He'd be mad to try to escape by parachute. As soon as he jumped out of the pilot's seat, he'd be cut to ribbons by the rotor blades.

---

Liquid also has an added line after he kills Fox: "Where death is entreated...the battle is decided."

Some optional Codec conversations are mysteriously missing, such as Snake's discussion with Milliquid about "dogs of war" after killing Wolf, and Campbell's explanation of the facility's blast furnace.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Ocelot's "I love slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased shaft" line is gone.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot: Ocelot's "I love slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased shaft" line is gone.

I wonder why [/sarcasim]

Big D
08-01-2005, 06:56 AM
I sounds like they watered down a lot of the non-PC or "un-American" dialogue... basically took out some of the dodgy/controversial stuff. Pity. The "dogs of war" conversation especially...

The onion reference was the funniest thing Snake ever said, too.
:(

Dreddz
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
It's still a kickass game.

Teek
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I sounds like they watered down a lot of the non-PC or "un-American" dialogue... basically took out some of the dodgy/controversial stuff. Pity. The "dogs of war" conversation especially..

They are BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS DAMMIT.

What sort of accent does Naomi have?

Destai
08-01-2005, 07:42 PM
What sort of accent does Naomi have?English Im pretty sure. Maybe Austraillian. I need to pick up Snake Eater really badly.

EDIT: I mean Twin Snakes.

MAS82587
08-01-2005, 07:50 PM
snake eater = badass

Destai
08-01-2005, 07:53 PM
I meant twin snakes ^^; *sweatdrop*

Ohhh
08-01-2005, 07:59 PM
snake eater = badass :D amen to that

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-01-2005, 11:39 PM
What sort of accent does Naomi have?English in the original and red-blooded Amerikkkan in TTS.

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 11:49 PM
What sort of accent does Naomi have?English in the original and red-blooded Amerikkkan in TTS.Im sorry to hear that. I loved Naomis voice and accent.

Maxico
08-02-2005, 12:19 AM
actually he has a very good point, and the main point brought up when ppl criticize twin snakes. it was almost as if when konami made twin snakes, they were trying to hurry though it and just make it so they could say they did.

Silicon Knights developed The Twin Snakes, and I think they are owned by Nintendo.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2005, 12:24 AM
They were a second party to Nintendo for a couple years there. Shortly after TTS was completed, they left Nintendo to go hang out with Microsoft.

And not that it necessarily had anything to do with the break-up, but part of the reason TTS was so lackluster was because SK generally weren't feeling inspired while developing it. Of course, they claimed in interviews that they were perfectly excited about it, but after the fact, it turned out that they'd have much rather been working on their own projects instead of a remake of another company's game.

Big D
08-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Now, we just need someone to do a re-remake - Twin Snakes with the original voices, on the PS2 of course.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2005, 02:00 AM
More like the original game with TTS's superior voice acting.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Uma Thurman isn't very nice looking, in my opinion.

I think first person aiming is good. Don't know what's wrong with that...but this week seems to be "Make tons of threads about Metal Gear Solid" week, so it's cool I guess.

:D
I started mine 1 week ago and mine was the only one there till like, 2 days later, so i think i started that one off ;)