PDA

View Full Version : Personality wise who is the best main charater?

Lushs
07-31-2005, 07:52 AM
I can really see Cloud winning, but I loved Zidane, he was a great main character... He was so nice, and entertaining..!

lol except by mistake i voted for Tidus... :( haha

Tama2
07-31-2005, 06:13 PM
No other main chars? :cry:

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Squall or tidus gets my vote

Medi
07-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Tidus seemed too whiny, Zidane was really nice so I voted him.

Rengori
07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Zidane > Tidus/Squall/Cloud

abrojtm
07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
I abstain since none of the characters have a good personality, except maybe Zidane?

When you say good personality, do you meen a deep and interesting character or someone that is friendly and has a "good" personality? For the former I would vote Terra and for the latter probably Butz.

Ohhh
07-31-2005, 07:58 PM
cloud after he found his real self!! he was a bit of a arrogant meanie before his coma
and cause hes hoooooooot :love:

Sefie1999AD
07-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Too little choices. Cloud and Zidane are both great main characters, but not sure if they are my favorites. Squall isn't that great though he does develop during the game, and I always considered Yuna to be the main character of Spira's world. She's the Summoner and leader of the party, she's the one who is to destroy Sin, and in FFX-2, she's the main character and the center of the story. And I prefer FFX-2's Yuna to FFX's Tidus. Other than those, if Tina/Terra can be considered a main character, she's also a very good and deep character, and Ramza from FFT is a very well done main character.

Takara
07-31-2005, 09:53 PM
I know this might come as a shocker, but there were other Final Fantasy games before FFVII.

Ramza from Tactics is the best, IMO.

Sepho
07-31-2005, 11:05 PM
From the list, Zidane.

XxSephirothxX
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Zidane, definitely. After that...somebody from VI. :p

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Zidane because hes likeable. Maybe Tidus because hes realistic.

rubah
08-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Zidane was definitely the nicest guy:O but squall was more interesting ^_^

Cloud was not interesting, though.

NeoCracker
08-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, Lets start with cloud

starts off a little uncaring but becomes a likeable guy shortly, has a few issues to work out but all in all a good guy.

Squall. This guy is a basket case. He has way to many issues he needs to work out. He seems like an exagerated angsty teenager with an anti person complex.

Zidane is a good guy. He's caring, comical, and there is nothing outlandish and completely unrealistic about the way he acts. He is definatly someone id hang out with on the weekends.

And finaly we reach Tidus. Oh how i would love to strangle him with a phone cord and shove a blitzball down his throat.

So obviosly, Zidane gets the vote.

Ohhh
08-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Well, Lets start with cloud

starts off a little uncaring but becomes a likeable guy shortly, has a few issues to work out but all in all a good guy.

Squall. This guy is a basket case. He has way to many issues he needs to work out. He seems like an exagerated angsty teenager with an anti person complex.

Zidane is a good guy. He's caring, comical, and there is nothing outlandish and completely unrealistic about the way he acts. He is definatly someone id hang out with on the weekends.

And finaly we reach Tidus. Oh how i would love to strangle him with a phone cord and shove a blitzball down his throat.

So obviosly, Zidane gets the vote.
lol, ur so damn right, except i liked tidus he was abit mardy but still i likeable guy
except the zidane part, i still prefer cloud :love: :love: :love:

Lushs
08-01-2005, 04:38 AM
I abstain since none of the characters have a good personality, except maybe Zidane?

When you say good personality, do you meen a deep and interesting character or someone that is friendly and has a "good" personality? For the former I would vote Terra and for the latter probably Butz.

Personality- whatever the description or opinion you have...

I know this might come as a shocker, but there were other Final Fantasy games before FFVII.

I didn't say all the ff characters... i just said the four... i obviously know that there are more final fantasy games before 7, maybe you should read the title better, it wasn't the best main charater of all ff's...

Slade
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
This is what i thought of each. Cloud was impposible to figure out. No way was he a 'bad ass' like evryone seems to say. I had (and still do) have trouble seeing his true personality. It seems to change too much. Squall had a great personality and was portrayed well. Zidane was also an awsome character with a great personality (plus he was the happy one). Tidus was ok, but as someone said before, he whined too much.

So for me its Squall and Zidane

Aphelion
08-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I think Zidane was a pretty interesting character personality-wise. He's got that "I'm all alone!" crisis and it helps the player to end up liking him more...He's also very funny, but serious about his relationship with princess Garnet...So, yes, I voted for him.

Black Mage FF1
08-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Tidus is the most realistic and most in depth character in just about any FF game. So I vote for him.

MAS82587
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
squall was the worst of the 4. he had a fake personality mask he put on so ppl would leave him alone.

Mr. Graves
08-02-2005, 04:01 AM
It was a tie between Cloud and Zidane for me....but I chose Cloud because his complexity was a major part of the Jenova plotline in FF7. Squall just seemed too angsty and fake to be a solid main character IMO. I understand that Square was trying to create a main character with a complex personality in Squall, but it just didn't work for me.

I think the best main characters are Cecil (FFIV), Bartz (FFV), and Ramza (FFT). But out of the current choices in the poll, I'd have to say Cloud or Zidane. I picked Cloud, for his involvement in the FFVI's plot.

raskerino
08-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Well... I actually liked squall's personality- because people in real life do think to themselves, so to me he's the most realistic. (That's a good thing).

zbonks
08-03-2005, 12:00 AM
i voted for cloud because for one hes hott 2 he dealed the aeris tifa problem well (up until aeris died of course) and he never got too serious into things and made them fun like when they went to fight sephiroth he said lets mosey

Rengori
08-03-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't understand anything you just said.

MAS82587
08-03-2005, 12:28 AM
i voted for cloud because for one hes hott 2 he dealed the aeris tifa problem well (up until aeris died of course) and he never got too serious into things and made them fun like when they went to fight sephiroth he said lets mosey
lol, not using puncuation is a good way to not have ppl understand u.

Rengori
08-03-2005, 12:46 AM
This whole "133t" thing is also very dumb. I can barely understand it, and don't want to.

DJZen
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I really don't know who to vote for.

Cloud was a tired cliche
Squall was a jerk
Zidane was... I dunno
Tidus was a stupid jock

Maybe I have to vote for Zidane after all. He seemed irresponsible at first, but that changed. Then he had his little "I'M GOING TO SIT IN MY ROOM AND WRITE POETRY ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE MY PARENTS!!!!!" moment in Garland's castle, but after being smacked around he snapped out of it. In the end, he was a lot more tolerable than the other 3.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
cloud was pretty normal until you find out nore but his personality isnt realy much.
FF8 is all about sqall and is personality and they do do a good job with his personality and stuff(id say FF8 is mainly about thing like personalitys and love storys and stuff.)
zidane is a pretty stupid perv at the start(the perv lowers a bit but stays throughout the whole game.)but when you go to terra his personality changes and its one of those OMFG moments.
tidus.a whiny crybaby and also realy annoying they did a half decent job on personality.i never liked him and his personality.
so id say its in first place sqall 2nd zidane(not by much.)3rd cloud 4th tidus.id do the other FFs but they dont work on personality as much as the others but they are realy good games.

zbonks
08-07-2005, 09:15 PM
whoops! Sorry I'll use puncuation from now on (and spell words correctly too).

Russ80
08-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I didn't say all the ff characters... i just said the four... i obviously know that there are more final fantasy games before 7, maybe you should read the title better, it wasn't the best main charater of all ff's...

where the hell did you say that? The title is:
"Personality wise who is the best main charater?"
Not
"Personality wise who is the best main charater out of FF7-10?"

I vote Ramza or AAAA from FF1. :D

cookieface
08-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Well out of just those 4, Cloud is more interesting. The rest were pretty dull and predictable.

Then again, characters like Cloud these days are cliched and predictable. But back then it was still fresh. To me anyways.

Rengori
08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
But.. Zidane has a tail! You can't get mroe original than that!

Destai
08-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Zidane because hes likeable. Maybe Tidus because hes realistic.

Cruise Control
08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Tidus

Luke_loki
08-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Zidane and Cloud

Takara
08-19-2005, 04:34 AM

where the hell did you say that? The title is:
"Personality wise who is the best main charater?"
Not
"Personality wise who is the best main charater out of FF7-10?"

My point exactly.

Vyk
08-19-2005, 04:54 AM
I'm with Seph'99 on Terra/Tina. She's so awesome ^_^

Dudius
08-19-2005, 05:01 AM
Terra even though she's not a choice. Once she morphs its all over :P

Reine
08-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Remember that Cloud and Squall are in Kingdom Hearts. My favourite Main Character in a Final Fantasy game is Cecil, from FFIV. Out of those four, Zidane, since he's cracked me up with his antics so many times, and Squall, especially after playing Kingdom Hearts.

Dreddz
08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Zidane is the one I would most get along with, so ya, Zidane