PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 Ultimania/Dismantling/Katai Shinsho

DancingOnigiri
07-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Never mind.. ^.^;;

Further research had results, so...

If you want them, here they are. (http://www.bent.co.jp/main/works/ks03/naiyo_fr.htm)

Levian
07-31-2005, 03:43 PM
thank you

edit: wtf, it's in japanese.

Squall of SeeD
07-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Take the advice of someone who owns Final Fantasy VII: Katai no Shinsho/Dismantling/Dissection: Don't get it unless you're a completist for these sorts of guides. It has very little plot information to make it a worthwhile purchase. The guide is undeserving of its title in my opinion.

For those of you who aren't completists and just want a guide that's going to shed light on relevant plot information, wait for this one: The Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega Guide (http://7andy.yahoo.co.jp/books/detail?accd=R0142968).

Now that's going to be a nice guide. If you know anything about the Final Fantasy X and X-2 Ultimania Omega Guides, then you know that they are chock full of information on the plot. Square went all out with those.

thank you

edit: wtf, it's in japanese.

Yes. DigiCube -- the subsidiary of Square-Enix that publishes these books -- is a Japanese company that only provides materials to East Asia.

BabyVixen
07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
So are they plot anaylsis books...?

DancingOnigiri
08-01-2005, 06:17 AM
*whistles*

So it's really not a good perchase then?
What about for people who are obsessed out of their minds? XD

Thanks for the advice!

Squall of SeeD
08-01-2005, 06:54 AM
*whistles*

So it's really not a good perchase then?
What about for people who are obsessed out of their minds? XD

Thanks for the advice!

No, it's really not a good purchase. There's hardly anything relevant in there that you couldn't find out elsewhere. I think the only exception is Nomura mentioning phoning Kitase about the idea for Aerith's death, and there are at least two other places on the internet that I know of off-hand that mention the book saying that.

Now, being an obsessed fan, go ahead and purchase it. You'll be glad you did. But otherwise, wait for the Ultimania Omega. It really wouldn't hurt to own both, of course, and as an avid fan, I would encourage you to.

Christmas
08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
All of them are in japanese, will there ever be a english version?
BTW, I do know of someone who will need a "The Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania Omega Guide."

Squall of SeeD
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM

Most likely not. As mentioned earlier, the publishing company only supplies materials to East Asia and Square-Enix has not once offered such plot information as seen in the Ultimania Guides to other publishing companies (DigiCube being their own subsidiary).

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 09:28 PM

Most likely not. As mentioned earlier, the publishing company only supplies materials to East Asia and Square-Enix has not once offered such plot information as seen in the Ultimania Guides to other publishing companies (DigiCube being their own subsidiary).Hasnt Digi cube gone out of business?