PDA

View Full Version : Um..how do you guys level other clan members?

Lionx
07-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Besides the 6 you usually send to battle? I mean how do you guys actually level them up..? It seems so much of a hassle when you got a huge clan and all. Or do you just leave em there?

°¿°¿°
07-31-2005, 09:05 AM
i only use the 6 that i want and jsut let the rest rot

DocFrance
07-31-2005, 09:54 AM
I order my clan by level, ascending. That way, for battles, I can easily pick out the six that need the most training. Also, I only use characters from the bottom of the list for requests, giving them more of a chance to succeed at them.

omnitarian
07-31-2005, 05:25 PM
I dismiss them to bump up my clan's average level, then recruit new ones. :p

If I really want to level up my scrubs, I send them into battle and have them sit there and use potions on my highest level characters. For Nu Mou and Moogles, I can have them cast Quick/Smile on Montie, who smiles them back, so they can quick/smile him, and so on. It's pretty mind-numbing, but it produces results.

Skyblade
07-31-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't, until I have collected every special character. Having a clan with a very low average level can have some excellent side effects (especially when you get to recruit the characters who have extremely poor starting jobs: like Ritz).

Fireblade13
08-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Summoner/ Elementalist Lv 39
Knight/ Juggler Lv 40
Then I have 8 guys 2 standing out for laws and have them pound on my strogest charecters once there is one guy left.

Bahumat
08-18-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't, until I have collected every special character. Having a clan with a very low average level can have some excellent side effects (especially when you get to recruit the characters who have extremely poor starting jobs: like Ritz).

Can you explain that a little more?? Why does it help?
*Is a newbie at this game...*

Skyblade
08-18-2005, 09:48 AM

Can you explain that a little more?? Why does it help?
*Is a newbie at this game...*

Oh, goody. A chance to explain!

It's simple. Stat growth in this game is determined by the current job. Two characters of equal level may have very different stats, depending on their jobs. For example, take two Moogles. Raise one to level 50 as a Thief, and one to level 50 as a Mog Knight. The Mog Knight will have much higher attack, but the Thief will be much faster. Now then, the level of characters who join your clan are determined by the average level of your clan members. If your entire clan is level 50, people who join your clan will also be level 50. What's more, every character has a particular job that they join your group in. Usually, you can reject people with jobs you don't like until you find characters with jobs you do like. The special characters, however, always join with a set job. Ritz, the one from my previous example, joins as a Fencer. Now, Fencer is not one of my favorite jobs. So, if my clan was all level 50 characters, Ritz would join as a Fencer, with 50 levels of Fencer stats. Unfortunately, I don't like Fencer stats. By having my clan filled with level one and two characters, however, I can keep my clan's average level extremely low, even if my current party is extremely high levels. Using this methodology, I can usually get Ritz to join my clan around level 7, which gives me a good 43 levels to customize her with the stats from a job I prefer (such as Assassin).

Will that do, or should I go even more in-depth?

Bahumat
08-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Whichever. You obviously like explaining. *Grins* :D

Skyblade
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Whichever. You obviously like explaining. *Grins* :D

WHAT?! I do not! Really! ...You can't prove anything!!!

*Hides evidence*

But, seriously, did that explanation make sense to you?

Bahumat
08-18-2005, 10:13 AM
:p Yeah, makes perfect sense. Get lots of low level characters (which I have) and just let'm rot while levelling up my "good" characters, while waiting for a special character to appear. Gotcha!

Skyblade
08-18-2005, 10:15 AM
:p Yeah, makes perfect sense. Get lots of low level characters (which I have) and just let'm rot while levelling up my "good" characters, while waiting for a special character to appear. Gotcha!

Precisely! ...But my explanation was longer, more complicated, and gave reasons as well... So there!

Bahumat
08-18-2005, 10:17 AM
But mine meant people who are lazy and skip through threads don't have to read through it all. admittedly, mine is a LOT more boiled down and to the point....

Final_Heavan_33
08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
personally when it ocmes to levelling up other clan members it depends, i look at the sort of enemies im facing and send in members accordingly, i took time to make a clan of strong all rounder professions, so generally the people in my clan are all about equal level wise. but use things that gain you experience like steal and stuff because it doesnt damage ur enemies but you et EXP for it, try things like that, defeating stronger opponents helps too.