PDA

View Full Version : Emulator Help..

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
After long pain of not being able to play certain games due to not being released in Europe, Ive started to try and get an Emu of it
Ive got to use the Macintosh Emulator due to my windows being fucked
Ive got it but I can only play games that I have
How do you get games from the internet to your Emulator ( Im using PCSX for the Mac OSX ).
I cant find it on the web as they just come up to a the actually Emulator not the game ROM
Im a rock bottem n00b when it comes to Emulators btw
Thanks to whoever helps :D

ultima88
07-31-2005, 01:50 PM
well its usual hard to to find psx games on the net (coz its illegal to have them) but u can get them if u download a program such as ares or edonkey, thats what i use, u can get a few games at http://www.emuparadise.org/ but i think u need to get winrar first

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Also
When I insert a Disc, its very very very slow
Like it dosent start
Therse also a thing called a BIOS which I need
Where can I get a BIOS and How do I speed up the Emu
Thanks all

ultima88
07-31-2005, 02:13 PM
ok well bios r also illegal coz they are copyrite of sony and can take a long time to find, do u have msn ?

and to spped it up, when u open epsxe go config>vidio>config then select ato detect FPS and if that duznt work try checking use FPS limit and then change the number in the FPS limit box

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 02:36 PM
OMFG i just wanna play Chrono Trigger and FFT for fuck sake
This is so hard, I hate this fucking mac arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

And yes, I do have MSN :D

ultima88
07-31-2005, 02:39 PM
just PM me ur msn address and ill giv u all the stuff u need

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 02:41 PM
sweeeeet

Shoeberto
07-31-2005, 06:58 PM
OMFG i just wanna play Chrono Trigger and FFT for smurf sake
Just get the SNES ROM of CT.

As for FFT, you don't get ROMs of PS1 games. You get ISOs, which are basically CDs contained as a single file. Depending on the game, these are usually large - minimum of 300mb, I'd say.

Your best bet for obtaining them is to hit up the torrent networks. I won't list any, you'll have to be self-sufficient at that. You can also get BIOS off of them.

None of this is legal, mind you, unless you actually own a Playstation and the game you're trying to download. Just so you know.

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 07:02 PM
just PM me ur msn address and ill giv u all the stuff u need
yea I better do that too I've been looking for such a long time

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 07:20 PM
This is so annoying
Its all because im using a smurfing mac
I can get nearly every game, but none of them will work on the Mac
Wtf was the point in making it
My SNES thing wont actually open
My smurfing Mac is so /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif
I got Mupen ( N64 ) PCSX ( Playstation ) SNES9X ( SNES ) and even Macmess which is probabaly the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifest of them all

Like Macs suck so much
There /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Close this thread, im off to smash my Mac to bits
chow all :)

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 07:21 PM
dude where did you get all the games anyway

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 07:27 PM
www.emuparadise.com
Theres like loadz more, but they all support Windows *crushes last piece of Mac Software *

But.........there actually hope, Can PAL AND NTSC game works on the same Emulator, say I put a NTSC Game into the drive and tried to play
My PAL games work on PCSX and I wanna know if NTSC games will work
Cause I could maybe Buy the NTSC games off eBay and play them on my Computor
Will it work ???

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 07:35 PM
I dunno I don't have MAC anymore I bought a new computer when I learned that

Shoeberto
07-31-2005, 08:11 PM
This is so annoying
Its all because im using a smurfing mac
Macs aren't really designed for gaming, so it's not much of a surprise.

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
We got it originally for my Sisters course work, we had a Windows 2000 before, I have a G5 which is actually really powerful, like more than Windows
But you just cant do the stuff that Windows can
But what it does, it does very well
Although All The Stuff I Want Is Not On There

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 08:50 PM
I might be able to find the games for MAC if you can tell me which ones you want on MSN

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Ill need your addy den...

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
check my profile then

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
m'kay

crono_logical
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
You're missing the point of an emulator. It let's one system (the one you're using) emulate another system (one you don't have/can't use). All the games you download for emulators are games for the system you don't have. If they don't work in the emulator, then it's usually not the game at fault, it's the emulator you're using that has the problem. Either try another emulator, or work out how to configure the one you're using so it does work correctly.

EDIT: Also, yes, you can play both PAL and NTSC games on the same emulator, provided it's a decent emulator like ePSXe - dunno what the mac equivalent of that is though, or if it's as good :p