PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think Yuna and Lenne look alike?

NightShadow
07-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I think they look the same because Lenne maybe Yuna's ancestor.

tailz
07-31-2005, 05:23 PM
i dont think they look alike

they only look alike when yuna is in the songstress dresphere because of the outfit

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 06:01 PM
because they dont.(they slightl similar but they dont look alike.they look alike a bit more if yuna in the songstress dressphere.

SammieBabe
07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
There are obivious similarites... but they don't look that much alike to me ...I don't know if Yuna could be a direct descendant of Lenne. She'd have to a niece or something since they made it seem like Lenne died before having children. Also, Yuna is half Al Bhed. So if she was, it would be a very small amount.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 09:27 PM
There are obivious similarites... but they don't look that much alike to me ...I don't know if Yuna could be a direct descendant of Lenne. She'd have to a niece or something since they made it seem like Lenne died before having children. Also, Yuna is half Al Bhed. So if she was, it would be a very small amount.
thats ecactly what i think on appearance but i highly doubt lenne and yuna are related.(they could be realy distantly relateds like her cousins,uncles.sisters,husbands blah blah blah blah blah great uncles sister but that would just be insane and none of this is mentioned in the storyline but its a good thought.

BabyVixen
07-31-2005, 09:34 PM
If Spira was Final Fantasy 7's world then I would say that Lenne's pyreflies were the pyreflies that made Yuna

Silver Valentines
07-31-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't think they look alike, I think that the dress sphere give the you illusion of them being similar.

Ifrite
08-01-2005, 10:17 AM
everybody thinks they look alike but its the songstress dressphere that makes them look so similar. i think they don't look alike at all...

boys from the dwarf
08-01-2005, 10:26 AM
spira is similar but it being the world of FF7 is most likely untrue.it doesnt make any references in the games and just hasnt been proved.

Slade
08-01-2005, 11:56 AM
It's the Songtress clothes. Other then that, the only other similarity is the hair colour. But thats where it ends.

Zanius
08-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Well they could have some similarities on their faces. We can see this well on the 1000 words concert video. But their similarities stops there. Also Shuyin made a real confusion because of the dressphere.

There are some curious notes on this:

- Maechen (the old man that knows everything...), says that Yuna and Lenne have the same way of shaking hands

- Lenne looks like more mature than Yuna or it could be only for the long hair...? :confused: Well whatever... :rolleyes2

There could be a lot more of common points between the 2 girls, but I don't think that Lenne and Yune look alike...

It's almost the same thing between Shuyin and Tidus...

SeeDRankLou
08-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Long hair can change someone's appearance rather drastically, especially when it covers the ears and a bit of the face on the sides like Lenne's does. I think they look as similar as Tidus and Shuyin do, it's just that the long hair makes her look that much more different.

Yuna and Lenne are connected, just like Tidus and Shuyin are. And the reason why Tidus and Shuyin resemble one another is probably the same as why Yuna and Lenne resemble one another.

Nicolai
08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
the reason most of u say Yuna doesn't look like Lenne is most likely because they aren't the same age.
Lenne is in her 20's and Yuna is 19. that could make Lenne look different from Yuna very much so.
but i think that if they are connected, that Yuna is Lenne's reincarnation or something like that. the same goes for Tidus and Shuyin. :D so there u go...that's what i think.

Princess_Yuna
08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
everybody thinks they look alike but its the songstress dressphere that makes them look so similar. i think they don't look alike at all...
Yap he is right!

karatehero
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, but hows come when Rikku and Paine put on that dress sphere, their outfit is totally different? how come Yuna's matches perfectly.

Plus, there is the thing about the hand shake being similar.

Ohhh
08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah, but hows come when Rikku and Paine put on that dress sphere, their outfit is totally different? how come Yuna's matches perfectly.

Plus, there is the thing about the hand shake being similar. true
but the only physical similaraties and they both have brown hair, the same outfit and the same figure. That is all.

rubah
08-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Have you guys not noticed how lenne's eyes are abnormally *huge*?

It's very frightening.

abrojtm
08-05-2005, 05:26 AM
spira is similar but it being the world of FF7 is most likely untrue.it doesnt make any references in the games and just hasnt been proved.

Did you manage to catch Rin in the Rin's Mystery side-quest? If so, you'll see Shinra making direct references to the planet's Life-energy and seeking ways to harness it (Mako/Mako Reactors).

BizzerocitY
08-06-2005, 05:38 AM
I believe Lenna and Yuna are completely unrelated in any way. I believe it was more of a, "Well, I appear to have gotten this ancient artifact, and I can still feel remnants of the old owner's feelings, and they make me act funny." thing. I bet if Rikku got it every one would be like, "Lenne and Rikku are like totaely similur!11!1!one!"

Tai-Ti
08-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Have you guys not noticed how lenne's eyes are abnormally *huge*?

It's very frightening.

They r very big, ive noticed too! Bah, well, i think her n Yuna look notin alike. I think the only reason Shuyin thawt Yuna was Lenne, cause mayb the dressphere gave off an illution of Lenne, and Shuyin didnt see Yuna's real appearance.

DragonTU84
08-07-2005, 03:56 PM
They r very big, ive noticed too! Bah, well, i think her n Yuna look notin alike. I think the only reason Shuyin thawt Yuna was Lenne, cause mayb the dressphere gave off an illution of Lenne, and Shuyin didnt see Yuna's real appearance.

I have to agree with Tai-Ti, since if any of you saw the end battle against Shuyin, then you will remember that when he first sees Yuna before the battle (she appears to him in the songstress dress-sphere), he sees an "illusion of Lenne" being cast by the sphere, mainly since Lenne's spirit is held within the sphere so her spirit is inside of Yuna whenever Yuna wears the sphere. However, as he approaches Yuna closer, the "illusion of Lenne's spirit" disappears and he realizes that it is Yuna, and not Lenne. Hence the quote he says afterward: "You're not Lenne!" And then his angry rampage of frustration begins since he felt he was deceived, and this causes the final battle between Shuyin!

BTW, didn't Maechen say something about how Shuyin and Tidus are really connected: that Tidus was the dreamed-up version of Shuyin (who really lived in Zanarkand), or something like that (since Tidus lived in the dream-world of Zanarkand)? Or am I mistaken?

karatehero
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I was just curious, does anyone else see the possibility that FFX happened after FFVII?

I mean, I know there is all that 'limitless energy' talk and all that. Maybe they just found something that was long lost. Like, maybe Mako was already around and the knowledge was lost. Something like 1000 years later, Zanarkand was born.

I never came across any answer that said FFX was after FFVII.

Armisael
08-09-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't think that they look alike..

brother's bigger brother
08-09-2005, 05:55 PM
its the storyline very good storyline too

Shadowdeathrose
08-10-2005, 08:10 PM
i get what ya saying about yuna and lenne but wat about tidus and shuyin the only thing that is diff is shuyin's skin is darker ( they look exactlly the same it's just there was better graphics in x-2 than in x)

Yuna Braska 19
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Well alittle but not alot.
They have the same story of course and were both Summoners as well as they had people on there side...
Shuyin and Lenne
Tidus and Yuna
Kind of the same when you think about it.
^_^

ImaViet
08-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Don't think so. They kind of look alike, but I'm pretty sure Lenne is an ancestor of Yuna.

ImaViet
08-23-2005, 05:29 AM
Sorry. I mean, not an ancestor. =) Sorry for the mistake!

Masamune·1600
08-23-2005, 06:03 AM
I think they look the same because Lenne maybe Yuna's ancestor.

This is unlikely to the point of being impossible, actually. Lenne dies at a young age, certainly before bearing any children. Thus, Yuna could not be a direct descendent of Lenne. As to a less direct ancesty, one still must bear in mind that the surviving residents of Zanarkand became Fayth, and the city of Zanarkand was immediately thereafter destroyed by Sin. Even if some relative of Lenne had somehow gone off on his or her own, the continuity of the line brings up many questions. As this is not at all explored in-game, it's extremely improbable at best.

but i think that if they are connected, that Yuna is Lenne's reincarnation or something like that. the same goes for Tidus and Shuyin.

It's simply impossible for Yuna to be a reincarnation of Lenne. The following excerpt is taken from my thread-starting post in Tidus and Shuyin: An Analysis.

[...]Others have suggested that Tidus is the reincarnation of Shuyin. This has also led to the belief that Yuna is Lenne reincarnated, and that their love was, in a sense, preordained. However, based on the events of and facts revealed in FFX-2, we know that such is far from the case.

Often, in various mythologies, a reincarnated individual retains memories from his former life. Tidus, from what we see in FFX, has no such recollection. While this point does little to disprove a reincarnation theory, it does serve as additional evidence to accompany a host of other points. First, let us recall that Tidus is an Aeon, a Dream. His existence is dependent upon the Dreaming of the Fayth; when the defeat of Yu Yevon at the end of FFX ends the Summoning, the Dreaming ceases and Tidus dies. As a consequence, he goes to the Farplane for two years. We see from this, then, that Tidus’ very existence is dependent upon the fayth. As a result, any basis for spiritual reincarnation would be built on another Dream. It is impossible, in being Dreamt, to move outside this milieu. Tidus, then, could arguably be a reincarnation of Dream Zanarkand’s Shuyin, although there is no reason for this. In any case, he is certainly separated from the real Shuyin, who was never dependent in any way upon Yu Yevon’s Summoning.

Most compelling, however, is the fact that Shuyin still exists in Spira. Consumed by anger, his memories and spirit inhabited the Den of Woe for the 1000 years that followed his death. Shuyin never went to the Farplane; he is, in essence, Unsent. As Shuyin himself is still fully existent in the physical Spira, reincarnation necessarily implies a paradox. Shuyin still exists, which would deny the possibility of spiritual reincarnation.

The original memories point returns more strikingly when we examine Yuna and Lenne. Early in FFX-2, Yuna describes feeling the emotions of another person when utilizing the Songstress Dressphere.

Quote:
Yuna: (narrating) My body just started dancing by itself. I didn't know what was
going on. I was...frightened. Then, while I was dancing, something happened...

In the Celsius...

Rikku: (to Yuna) You sure looked like you were enjoying yourself.

Yuna: I was. It felt like some other person's excitement just took over.

Shinra: That can happen when you use the Garment Grid. The emotions of the
person recorded in the sphere pass to the user.

Note that Yuna feels full and complete separation from these memories, even though they controlled her to a degree. They were someone else’s. As the game progresses, and Yuna becomes aware of Lenne’s story, she still feels no connection. Lenne is fully separate, and their physical and professional (Summoner/musician) similarities seem merely coincidental (or symbolic, as the case may be).

Most important, however, is the concert on the Thunder Plains that takes place in Chapter 4. Here, we see the very spirit of Lenne, come out of the Songstress Dressphere. This helps clarify several ideas. Lenne’s soul crystallized to form the Dressphere. During the concert, her spirit emerged without affecting Yuna.

Finally, note that Lenne’s spirit leaves with Shuyin at the end of the game. Clearly, Yuna is no more a reincarnation of Lenne than Tidus is of Shuyin.

Ultimately, any connection between Yuna and Lenne should be understood to be symbolic. While there are a number of rather involuted theories that could possibly account for the resemblance between Tidus and Shuyin, none of them are able to be applied to Yuna and Lenne in the same matter.

Did you manage to catch Rin in the Rin's Mystery side-quest? If so, you'll see Shinra making direct references to the planet's Life-energy and seeking ways to harness it (Mako/Mako Reactors).

This matter is frequently confused. It's impossible for FFVII and FFX/X-2 to take place on the same planet, as Gaia and Spira are entirely different worlds. That having been said, it's possible (though no certainty) that there is a thread linking the stories. Here's something I recently wrote concerning this view.

[...]As to a connection between FFVII and FFX/X-2, it is inescapably false that the games take place on the same world. Gaia and Spira are different planets. However, Kazushige Nojima, who wrote scenarios for the games in question, suggested in an interview that "in (his) mind" the games were connected. Ostensibly, the descendents of Shinra eventually travelled through space to Gaia, having been unable to harness the potential power of the Farplane. Hence, we got Shinra (the company) and Mako reactors and such. Daisuke Watanabe and Motumo Toriyama (the Scenario Planner and Director for FFX-2, respecitvely) also seemed to agree with the idea in the interview, although neither really had anything to do with FFVII.

This has basically led to a debate whereby some people fervently argue for direct storyline connection between VII and X/X-2, while others (myself included) oppose the idea. From my point of view, the Farplane energy scene in FFX-2...

Quote:
Shinra: Aha...

Yuna: What are you looking at?

Shinra: Farplane data. The more I study it, the more fascinating it gets. There's limitless energy swirling around in there.

Yuna: Limitless energy?

Shinra: The life force that flows through our planet...I think. With a little work, we could probably extract the energy in a useable form.

Brother: Sweet!

Shinra: Of course, that'd take generations.

Brother: That's no fun!

Buddy: Well, still, it is something worth shooting for.

Yuna: Think how much Spira would change if we ever got it to work! Maybe one day we could build a city full of light, one that never sleeps!

Shinra: No doubt about it.

Yuna: Just imagine! But I'll never get to see it...will I...

(Shinra shakes his head no)

Brother: Shinra! Don't make Yuna sad!

Shinra: Right. My bad.

...is merely referential. Few people, after all, suggest that the story of Josef being utilized in FFIX (for example) proves direct correlation to FFII. Were it left as mere reference, I would have greatly enjoyed the scene. Unfortunately, Nojima himself (who is, admittedly, an authority in the topic) suggests that this indicates connection.

That being said, there are a number of factors that would seem to deny connectivity. First, Nojima was not the sole agent involved in the development of the story of FFVII. Hironobu Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Nomura, and Yoshinori Kitase were also instrumental in leading FFVII to its ultimate plot. Nomura and Kitase, incidentally, are both very active in the Compilation, and neither has offered any real support of Nojima's personal reading. It will require their approval (or at least acceptance)i of the idea for it to be included in the Compilation. If there is nothing canonical (basically, in the games) to truly indicate the connection, then it does not exist.

Further, given the differences and inconsistencies between Gaia and Spira, it would take a massive amount of effort to even begin to close the plotholes and inconsistencies such a link would create. The Compilation is about FFVII, not FFX/X-2, and it seems unlikely that the subject could be given full treatment within the Compilation. Even if that were done, some inconsistencies are so radical that I don't think they can be explained away effectively.

And, finally, Shinra's descendents travelling to Gaia and intermingling with the Cetra, or something on that order, simply strikes me as bad storytelling. But then again, that's simply my take on the debate. Until the Compilation itself is available for examination, the question has no true answer.

Clearly, my tone is biased, and I fully admit that I oppose the theory. That having been said, the Nojima interview by itself does not come close to making the concept canonical. We'll have a better idea when the entirety of the Compilation of FFVII is available for examination.

Painex2rules
08-23-2005, 06:35 AM
what the hell are you guys talikng about yuna and lenne look the same not casue there blood sister or what ever you guys are saying they look the same casue TESUYA NOMURA desing them to look like each other for the game god damn there f/// video game charcter nothing more thats why they look alike casue TESUYA NOMURA desinged them like that ok nothing more .

Shauna
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I don't think Yuna and Lenne look that much alike. Like others have said, the Dressphere makes them look alike, and thats it.

And, Also, I don't think Shuyin and Tidus look that much alike. You can see that Shuyin has darker skin, a thinner face... even his hair is different, its longer.

The similarities between Shuyin and Tidus are only they have blonde hair, blue eyes and similar clothes, and even that isn't very convincing...
Similarly with Yuna and Lenne: Brown Hair, same clothes when Yuna's in Songstress Dressphere of course!

So, Neither Yuna/Lenne or Shuyin/Tidus look alike, but with Shuyin/Tidus, for a second you do think: OMG its Tidus. But then you realise its not him. ^_^

Shadowdeathrose
08-24-2005, 07:13 PM
wait theres 1 thing i don't get tidus and shuyin lived around the same time period 1000 years in the past am i rite so how come tidus had never herd of bevelle or the rest of spira or even the sumoner's when apparenly the war between machina (bevelle) and the sumoner's (zanarkand) happend 1000 years ago 2?

and tidus has no clue about any of that!?

SeeDRankLou
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
wait theres 1 thing i don't get tidus and shuyin lived around the same time period 1000 years in the past am i rite so how come tidus had never herd of bevelle or the rest of spira or even the sumoner's when apparenly the war between machina (bevelle) and the sumoner's (zanarkand) happend 1000 years ago 2?

and tidus has no clue about any of that!?
No, you are wrong. Tidus did not live 1000 years ago. 1000 years ago, at the end of the Machina War, the remaining people of Zanarkand became fayth. Yu Yevon used his mighty summoning powers to summon the dreams of these fayth, and he created summoned another Zanarkand, a Zanarkand excluded from the rest of Spira, one in which the Machina War never happened. This is where Tidus came from, not the real Zanarkand where Shuyin once lived.

Shadowdeathrose
08-24-2005, 07:41 PM
o rite k ty another question anyone no how tidus got back to spira at end of x - 2?

yunafan11
08-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Yuna is a decendent of Lenne and thats why she has the dressphere, it was passed down in her family, it is how it is all conected, and Lenne is actually Yuna's SISTER. She is a 1000 year old sister, its kinda hard to explain, but as the story goes on you find that out.

o rite k ty another question anyone no how tidus got back to spira at end of x - 2?

The faith summoned him back at the end so Yuna could see him one last time, or in the perfect ending, so she could be with him to fulfill her sadness.

SammieBabe
08-25-2005, 01:54 AM
UUmmmm yuna_fan 11......

Huh???? Please explain to me how that is possible? I've got plenty of time.....

Yuna_wannabe
08-26-2005, 01:27 PM
well i guess they look alike because A) they are wearing the same dressphere B) they were both summonmers C) they had a common ending with the one they loved and i guess the makers of ffx-2 wanted to REALLY show the connection.

Christmas
08-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Yuna is a decendent of Lenne and thats why she has the dressphere, it was passed down in her family, it is how it is all conected, and Lenne is actually Yuna's SISTER. She is a 1000 year old sister, its kinda hard to explain, but as the story goes on you find that out.

Leene died at a pretty young age and most probably with no off springs and if she had a sister or whatever, there is a very little chance that they can be Yuna's ancestors since most of the surviving residents in Zanarkand turned into fayth.

And I do think that Yuna FOUND the dressphere instead of being passed down.

Lastly, I played the game far and long enough to know the story enough to find out those things you are talking about. But regretfully, I didn't. Why won't you enlighten me?

Shadowdeathrose
08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
i hve had all of the spheres and im at 99% i didn't find that out either?

Laugh at face of Danger
08-26-2005, 05:10 PM
It was just to connect the story, so that Shuyin would fall for Yuna, mistaking her for Lenne.

I don't think Square intended for there to be any blood connections or anything aside from they looked alike.

Think, if Lenne and Yuna were related, does that mean that Tidus and Shuyin would have to be because they look alike? No.