PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the Revolution Controller should look like?

KentaRawr!
07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
What do you think the Nintendo Revolution Controller should look like?

I personally think it should be like this:

Start off with a GameCube Controller. Now then, time to De-Form...

Firstly, make the Z-Button a Z-Trigger. Now put it on the left part of the Back of the Controller.

Next, make the D-Pad more comfortable in some way. Perhaps you could make it slightly larger.

Don't forget to add a Select Button. Put it next to the Start Button.

Now it is time to switch up the buttons. This is gonna be tricky.

Move the B Button around the A Button until it is being pointed at by the Upper Right Corner of the C-Stick Octagon.

Now it is time to add 2 buttons. U and V...or whatever you want to call them instead. Both of them are Bean Shaped, like Y and X.

Put U on the opposite side of X. Put V next to the Lower Left side of the A Button. But make sure it isn't too close to the X Button.

Now, I hope I didn't forget anything.

I probably did...

But anyways, here are the Buttons Actions.

To those who don't know, the Revolution will be backwards compatible with GameCube Games. But also, you will be able to download NES, SNES, and N64 Games. We're not sure which ones you will be able to download, but the controller must feel right for each system.

On Gamecube: Everything should be the same. The U and V buttons would not be used.

On N64.

A = A

B = B

L = L

R = R

Z = Z

Y = C-Up

X = C-Right

U = C-Left

V = C-Down

C-Stick = C-Buttons

D-Pad = D-Pad

Analog Stick = Analog Stick

Start = Start

(There are 2 ways to use the C-Buttons. Either with the C-Stick, or with the Y, X, U, and V Buttons.)

On Super Nintendo.

A = A

B = B

Y = Y

X = X

L = L

R = R

Start = Start

Select = Select

D-Pad = D-Pad

Analog Stick = D-Pad

(There are 2 Ways to use the D-pad. Either use the D-pad, or use the Analog Stick.)

On NES

A = A

B = B

Start = Start

Select = Select

D-Pad = D-Pad

Analog Stick = D-Pad

(There are 2 ways to use the D-Pad. Either use the Analog Stick, or the actual D-Pad.)

And of course, you would be able to change the controls.

Oh, and of course, to make sure the Controller looked more new, you could do some things like change the shapes of the buttons.

What are your ideas on what the Nintendo Revolution Controller should look like?

Lindy
07-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Just make it like the Gamecube controller and leave it.

I like change, but the Gamecube controller is just so comfortable I couldn't imagine using anything else.

Heck, after playing a Gamecube game for a long time, I find it almost impossible to use the tiny PS2 controller.

KentaRawr!
07-31-2005, 09:48 PM

I like change, but the Gamecube controller is just so comfortable I couldn't imagine using anything else.

Heck, after playing a Gamecube game for a long time, I find it almost impossible to use the tiny PS2 controller.

On the other hand, certain N64 Games just wouldn't feel right when using a C-Stick instead of C-Buttons.

But, in that case they could just change the controls for their games.

That actually is a better idea than changing the Controller the way I thought of. :p

Lindy
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Look at what they did with OOT on the GC.

You could use the C-Stick, but X, Y and Z replaced left, down and right C.

That, to me, was perfect.

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
http://www.quantronics.com.au/items/PS2-CONTROLLER.gif
Best. Idea. ever. Period.

Lindy
07-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Sure, if you like an uncomfortable controller that leads to painful RSI or Carpal Tunnel syndrome.

Cloud No.9
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
it needs. analog buttons, rumbly stuff, two sticks and a d-pad, the usual start and select, 4 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons. a touch screen, motion detection like wario ware twisted or the ew yoshi thingy, wireless.

Slothy
07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Sure, if you like an uncomfortable controller that leads to painful RSI or Carpal Tunnel syndrome.

I find it more comfortable than the GC controller myself. Button positioning (especially for the D-pad) is also better if you ask me.

The revolution controller needs more buttons. At least four shoulder and four face. My biggest problem with Xbox or GC games that require the use of both sticks (such as FPS games) is being limited to two shoulder buttons. One of my biggest problems with Halo's controls was having to take my thumb of the right stick to use melee. Basically all it takes is a quick sidestep in that split second (which happens often in multiplayer) to keep your melee from connecting. Having an attack you can't aim is just a bad idea.

Lindy
07-31-2005, 10:55 PM
The GC controller has just as many buttons as the PS2 controller, and I'd much rather have two large shoulder buttons than four tiny ones.

All your ideas just really say, "Make the GC controller just like the PS2 controller" and basically, the less it is like the PS2 controller the better.

Also, the fact that if you've really PLAYED any GC games, you'd see how un-important the D-Pad is, and how the positioning doesn't matter when you're rarely using it.

Don't complain about it being no good for fighting games either, that's what the graduated Analogue stick is for.

Rye
07-31-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't really care, but they should so let you have the option of plugging your old school NES controller into it because I love those controllers.

Lindy
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
I don't really care, but they should so let you have the option of plugging your old school NES controller into it because I love those controllers.
http://www.nintendospin.com/article975.html

A little closer, I guess, but not quite.

XxSephirothxX
07-31-2005, 11:08 PM
I love the feel of the GameCube controller. Nevertheless, after using an Xbox controller for months, and seeing designs for the 360 controller, I think the GameCube controller could use some changes. The triggers should be left as they are but perhaps moved back just slightly, but two buttons, similar to R1 and L1 on the Playstation pad, should be added (the 'Z' button would be changed slightly to become R1, and L1 would be added." The two joysticks should be changed slightly to have a recess on the top so that your thumb rests on it more comfortably, and should both have the click-in function to add an R-3 and L-3 button. Select or something of that nature should be added next to Start, and the D-Pad should be enlarged to a normal size. I think the face buttons should remain unchanged; theyr'e perfect. Basically, I think the GameCube controller's shape is flawless; it could just use a few more buttons and some slight tweaking.

Black Mage
07-31-2005, 11:14 PM
http://www.quantronics.com.au/items/PS2-CONTROLLER.gif
Best. Idea. ever. Period.

Yeah, I love the SNES controller too.

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Sure, if you like an uncomfortable controller that leads to painful RSI or Carpal Tunnel syndrome.hardly. Its as comfortable as the GC controller. Not that I agree with Kakashi either.

Rye
08-01-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.nintendospin.com/article975.html

A little closer, I guess, but not quite.

That's pretty cool. I just wish it was more square though. Though that is pretty close.

Kakashi509
08-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Sure, if you like an uncomfortable controller that leads to painful RSI or Carpal Tunnel syndrome.hardly. Its as comfortable as the GC controller. Not that I agree with Kakashi either.
Did I make a point or something?

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Did I make a point or something?No I just wouldnt take your "best. idea. ever. period" post too literally.

omnitarian
08-01-2005, 02:21 AM
If I could change the Gamecube controller, I would give the Z button a clone on the left for 4 shoulder buttons, and maybe get rid of 1/4 inch of "play" on the L and R buttons. Throw in a select button, get rid of the "stoppers" on the control pad for full circular motion, and maybe throw in some trigger buttons on both sides as a throwback to the N64. That would make the best controller ever...

But of course, I doubt the Revolution's controller will just be a carbon copy of the Gamecube's. I'm expecting a gyro sensor, a VMU-esque screen in the middle, and if they're feeling truly adventurous, some sort of interchangable button system (faceplates, perhaps?). I guess we have to wait a while and see.

Tama2
08-01-2005, 02:34 AM
GC controller is comfy. I just hate where the d-pad is. It's too small also. I got I need somethin like the Duke. Mwhahahahahahaha

Spammerman
08-01-2005, 02:34 AM
i wish they had the n64 controllers.i miss my red one.

Lindy
08-01-2005, 02:52 AM
If I could change the Gamecube controller, I would give the Z button a clone on the left for 4 shoulder buttons, and maybe get rid of 1/4 inch of "play" on the L and R buttons. Throw in a select button, get rid of the "stoppers" on the control pad for full circular motion, and maybe throw in some trigger buttons on both sides as a throwback to the N64. That would make the best controller ever...

But of course, I doubt the Revolution's controller will just be a carbon copy of the Gamecube's. I'm expecting a gyro sensor, a VMU-esque screen in the middle, and if they're feeling truly adventurous, some sort of interchangable button system (faceplates, perhaps?). I guess we have to wait a while and see.
The "play" on the L and R buttons is so they have a semi-pressure sensitive function. Unable to copy Sony's 255 levels of sensitivity on their controllers, the GC controller uses the "digital click", where you either press the button lightly or "click" it for different effects. I think it's quite snazzy actually.

And the graduated points on the analogue stick are there so it's easier to set yourself in specific directions, since even though you can have a 360 controller, it's rare to actually be moving around in anything other than the eight directions you have shown on the GC controller.

Gyro sensor is the thing I always forget, and yet it's always been around.

In early images of GC - GBA compatibility, was a GC Kirby game, controlled with the GBA. Basically, you moved the GBA around, and the game picked up on that and moved the land appropriately, kinda like Super Monkey Ball. It would be nice if something like that was available.

Agent Proto
08-01-2005, 03:30 AM
The Revolution Controller will have no d-pad, so it looking like any other controllers are out of the question. Anyway, it's possible that you can plug in the GameCube controller on the Revolution when you play the GameCube games.

Tama2
08-01-2005, 03:43 AM
NO D-PAD! How will life go on?

Meat Puppet
08-01-2005, 03:54 AM
They should shape it like a frisbee.

Slothy
08-01-2005, 04:10 AM
The GC controller has just as many buttons as the PS2 controller, and I'd much rather have two large shoulder buttons than four tiny ones.

The GC doesn't have as many buttons as the Dual Shock. It's got one less shoulder button, as well as not having the two buttons on each analogue stick. You could count the two levels on the shoulder buttons as being seperate, but since they're rarely used for different functions, I don't look at them that way. Add the fact that the Z button is just plain awkward to reach and it might as well have one less button.

Also, the fact that if you've really PLAYED any GC games, you'd see how un-important the D-Pad is, and how the positioning doesn't matter when you're rarely using it.

Thank you for that, "your opinion differs from mine, therefore you've probably never even played the system that much" attitude. I've had my GC for over 3 years. I've spent a lot of time playing it, and though it's used very little in actual gameplay for most 3D games (considering how uncomfortable it is to reach, I'm not surprised developers don't use it more), I prefer a D-pad for fighting games and 2D, and given the fact that you can download old Nintendo games for the Revolution, it's controller had better have a useable D-pad, or they might as well not even bother.

Don't complain about it being no good for fighting games either, that's what the graduated Analogue stick is for.

Ummm, I'll complain about it being no good for fighting games all I want. I can't stand using analogue sticks for fighting games (or any other game that takes place predominantly in 2 dimensions). I find even the GC analogue stick to be lacking in the precision I get after years of using a dpad for fighting games. It's personal preference, and it's why I won't buy a fighting game on the GC.

Keep in mind, all of this is my opinion based on a lot of GC playing on my part. Frankly, I prefer the Dual Shock. The controller itself is comfortable, and none of the buttons or analogue sticks are awkward or uncomfortable to reach. Nintendo however, seem to have enjoyed making a third of the buttons and pads on their last two controllers almost unuseable. It's just poor design on their part. Either make every controller feature comfortable and easy to use, or leave it out of the design.

And as far as the no D-pad business with the Revolution controller; all I've seen the guys at Nintendo say so far is that the controller will have to be compatible with older games (which I'm going to assume means D-pad). Other than that they've said nothing else as far as I've read. Do you have a link to a story stating there will be no D-pad Agent Proto? I know there have been a lot of rumors about touch screens and other things, but I've yet to see concrete info on this controller.

Agent Proto
08-01-2005, 04:43 AM
That's what I've heard. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's possible that the D-pad may be absent on the controller, as most games will probably not use it at all.

Rengori
08-01-2005, 04:51 AM
Weirdest controller ever.

A flip controller with DS Capabilities (touch screen included), an anolog stick on the bottom, five shoulder buttons, and A-C, L-N, and X-Z buttons (nine in all) on the right side, and of course a D-Pad on left.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2005, 05:45 AM
They need to make if fight friendly. This means an actual Dpad (plus shaped), face buttons aligned diagonally on the right, two analog thumbsticks in the middle with a start and select buttons right below them, and two triggers. Plus they should make it like the Dreamcast controller. DC=Best controllers ever!

Lindy
08-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Right, you want to talk about fighting games and using the D-Pad?

Get this?

FIGHTING GAMES ARE NOT MEANT FOR THE D-PAD.

It may shock you, but in a thing called THE ARCADE, they play them WITH JOYSTICKS.

So, if you really want to play fighting games, you should get an arcade pad, rather than whining about the D-Pad when it's not even what you're supposed to use. And if you're so attatched to your D-Pad, then get a pad more designed around that, they do exist you know, you're not FORCED to use the official controller.

A gamepad should never be based SOLELY around one type of game, it should be based around a way that the majority of games are played, which fighting games (especially on a Nintendo system), do not make up.

XxSephirothxX
08-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Though it is true that the D-Pad is not needed for fighting games, would you disagree with the idea of making the D-Pad larger and more accessible? Just because a lot of GameCube games don't utilize it doesn't mean it should be left in its small and rather useless shape. A slightly larger D-Pad could make old-school gaming more enjoyable, I would think.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Why put a giant arcade stick on a controler? A plus shaped Dpad is all a true fighter player needs. If you think the PS2 Dpad makes for good fighters, try playing one with a plus shaped Dpad, then tell me the difference. Trust me, I'm a fighting game veteran and I know these things better than most people.

Lindy
08-01-2005, 06:59 AM
...You missed the point.

Fighting games should be played with arcade sticks, which are a totally separate KIND of controller, you know.

I know the PS2 pad is awful for fighting games, it's awful for most things, and I've actually found the graduated GC analogue stick a lot easier to use, but I still stand by the fact that if you really want to play fighting games properly, you should get an arcade pad and not be using the normal controller.

If you went to a competition and tried to play it with a controller and the D-Pad, you'd be laughed at.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Funny. I went to a Guilty Gear tournament with a Mad Catz Micron controller for XBox and I did pretty good. Mainly because the D-pad was plus shaped.

Lindy
08-01-2005, 07:10 AM
CvS and Soul Calibur 2 tournament I went to with a friend, he was very much laughed at for using a controller and peer pressure led to him using arcade sticks (which he failed at).

I didn't say you wouldn't do well, just it's not what the supposed "pros" would use. Congrats on your success by the way (No, I'm not being sarcastic, for once anyway).

But you kinda proved my point on the fact that unofficial controllers are usually better for specific purposes, like fighting games, compared to the official ones. So it's probably a more sensible idea to not expect specific things from official controllers when they're meant for a general purpose.

Rye
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
The Gamecube controller is one of the most confusing things ever. Try going from the nice normal N64 controller, to something with buttons of the full alphabet. Well, maybe I'm exageratting, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Revolution Controller is something like:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/ryeryechu/REvcntrl2.jpg

(Those circles with the squigles are not sperm, they're the analog sticks. :p And the star thing is the D-pad, except it's made all complicated and "futuristic")

The PS2 controller was great, the only fault in my eyes is that the analog stick's rubber coating came off too easily. Or that may be my brother's fault, as he liked to pick at it.

Lionx
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
About fighting games...some people ARE better with the D-pad than Joystick. However a majority of people do use the joystick when playing most fighting games. Its easier for most people to execute moves. However i know some people are still better with D-Pad as much as i myself cannot use properly to do advanced moves consistantly.

The PS2 controller is just a big ripoff on the SNES one. In which case i like the controller only if it was a little more huge in a way, sometimes it felt too compact. Controller designing is varying and very different...so far i feel the SNES one works best overall many for many games. The GC one also works well too(except fighting games...go GC-ism -_-). I feel it should be comfortable, in which the GC controller does well. However buttons need to be placed good as well for overall gameplay and i feel that SNES ones does that the best. D-Pad or stick...doenst matter...long as you have both somewhere easily accessible. I hate switching over to my analog stick for some crazy ass move but screwing up because that split second of me switching to the stick (because its too hard to do on pad) and back.

omnitarian
08-01-2005, 03:37 PM
The "play" on the L and R buttons is so they have a semi-pressure sensitive function. Unable to copy Sony's 255 levels of sensitivity on their controllers, the GC controller uses the "digital click", where you either press the button lightly or "click" it for different effects. I think it's quite snazzy actually.

I do like the analog on the L and R buttons. I just think that it takes a bit too long to fully click it.

And the graduated points on the analogue stick are there so it's easier to set yourself in specific directions, since even though you can have a 360 controller, it's rare to actually be moving around in anything other than the eight directions you have shown on the GC controller.

I have no qualms with the graduated analog stick, but a lot of people don't seem to like it. The GC controller is actually my favorite controller of all time, but I guess my not-so-little rant about it could have given the wrong impression. :p

Maxico
08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Just one big, all purpose, red button.

It must be red.

Agent Proto
08-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Well, maybe I'm exageratting, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Revolution Controller is something like:

You've got to be kidding me, no way will Nintendo so something like that.

Lindy
08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I think, no matter what the Revolution controller is like.

It's going to be better than the boomerang of a PS3 controller, that thing looks impossible to use.

Destai
08-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Bah, more complaints about the ps3 controller, Sheesh its the exact same controller except "ITZ CURVED!!1 OH NOES IM SCARED AND CONFUSEED!1!" Well its looking like theyll be changing it anyway. If you can use the N64 controller or the original Xbox controller then I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Lindy
08-01-2005, 04:58 PM
It's nothing like the original controller.

Same buttons, yes, but it's the way it's shaped.

It's not just curved, it's shaped in a way that I could never imagine it being comfortable in my hands, curved so much, with those long...well, they're just...ugh, I can't even describe how it looks to me.

It's just TOO curved and TOO long. I like something different yes, but it's designed more with style in mind than ergonomics.

Destai
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
It's nothing like the original controller.

Same buttons, yes, but it's the way it's shaped.

It's not just curved, it's shaped in a way that I could never imagine it being comfortable in my hands, curved so much, with those long...well, they're just...ugh, I can't even describe how it looks to me.

It's just TOO curved and TOO long. I like something different yes, but it's designed more with style in mind than ergonomics.Alright then, fair enough if you genuinely feel that way. I just dont think its made any huge change of design big enough to explain all the complaints its been getting.

Rengori
08-01-2005, 05:29 PM
:D

YukiKiro
08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
whatever nintendo makes it out to be.

Slothy
08-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Right, you want to talk about fighting games and using the D-Pad?

Get this?

FIGHTING GAMES ARE NOT MEANT FOR THE D-PAD.

It may shock you, but in a thing called THE ARCADE, they play them WITH JOYSTICKS.

So, if you really want to play fighting games, you should get an arcade pad, rather than whining about the D-Pad when it's not even what you're supposed to use. And if you're so attatched to your D-Pad, then get a pad more designed around that, they do exist you know, you're not FORCED to use the official controller.

A gamepad should never be based SOLELY around one type of game, it should be based around a way that the majority of games are played, which fighting games (especially on a Nintendo system), do not make up.

You seem intent on speaking to me as though I'm some fresh faced noob, new to the world of video games. I was speaking about the D-pad for fighting games, because it's been standard on console controllers since the NES, arcade sticks aren't. I've never had a good arcade near me at anytime in my life, therefore I grew up using D-pads for fighting games. I don't like arcade sticks as a result, not that I would want to spend extra money on another controller anyway. And for the record I have no problems with the PS2 D-pad in fighting games myself. Some don't like it, but it doesn't bother me.

You also seem to have completely missed my earlier point. I'm not saying Nintendo should design their controller to suit one type of game, I'm saying if they're going to put things like the D-pad in uncomfortable places, then they shouldn't even have them on the controller. Like I said earlier, unless all of the buttons, pads and sticks, are easy and comfortable to use, they shouldn't be there. There's no sense having a button that no developer wants to utilize, and no player wants to have to use.

XxSephirothxX
08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Lindy was referring to Joel, I believe, and not you, but your opinions were rather similar anyway.

-N-
08-01-2005, 10:52 PM
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Nes_Controller.jpg

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 10:54 PM
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Nes_Controller.jpgRevolutionary Design? I think SO

Cloud No.9
08-01-2005, 11:14 PM
isn't the cross shaped d-pad patented and owned by nintendo since they first used it on the game and watch systems?

Rye
08-01-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Nes_Controller.jpg

THANK YOU.

Zeldy
08-01-2005, 11:30 PM
In an Interview somewhere, Nintendo where boasting that the revoloution controller will become Industry Standard, Which leads me to believe its going to be rather simple

DJZen
08-02-2005, 02:58 AM
isn't the cross shaped d-pad patented and owned by nintendo since they first used it on the game and watch systems?

Even if it is, there's no way they'd be able to enforce that since everyone uses it. It's not like there's any proprietary hardware in the d-pad, nor is there any proprietary manufacturing tool needed to make it. It would be like Atari claiming a patent over the joystick (and maybe if they had that, they wouldn't be bankrupt right now) or MIT claiming a patent over all video games.

Shoeberto
08-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Just one big, all purpose, red button.

It must be red.
It will be the future of interactive entertainment. Yes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2005, 03:22 AM
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Nes_Controller.jpghttp://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/famicontrol.jpg

crashNUMBERS
08-02-2005, 03:31 AM
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Nes_Controller.jpghttp://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/famicontrol.jpg
Yeah well!!

http://shopping.multiplayer.it/catalog/images/ps2_controller.jpg

Oh wait?? *Reads* Nintendo. ...........oh..

Terran
08-02-2005, 03:32 AM

I think the Gamecube Controller is WAY too bulky. I like the smaller PS2 controllers, but don't mind the X-Box ones cuz they make it comfortable.

DJZen
08-02-2005, 03:39 AM
I think my all time favorites are NES, SNES, Saturn and Dreamcast. VMU 4 LIFEZX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionx
08-02-2005, 03:52 AM
Xbox is far from comfortable..its too freaking huge. The PS2 imo was too small.

KentaRawr!
08-02-2005, 08:43 PM
What have I done?

Lindy
08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I think the Gamecube Controller is WAY too bulky. I like the smaller PS2 controllers, but don't mind the X-Box ones cuz they make it comfortable.
Because a controller moulded around the shape of an average human hand is incredibly uncomfortable, yes, I agree with you.

Raistlin
08-02-2005, 08:49 PM
The PS2 Dualshock is the best controller I've ever used. The X-Box controller is...well, the X-Box controller, and I never felt comfortable with the Gamecube's controller.

UWAOOOOU
08-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Well I find the GC controller fits into my hands perfectly. The PS2 controller leaves space. I guess you could view either or as a good thing. Theyre both VERY comfortable controllers but I'd give it to the GC.

Maxico
08-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Because a controller moulded around the shape of an average human hand is incredibly uncomfortable, yes, I agree with you.

Well there is variation in humans. Something that is comfortable to some may be uncomfortable to others. The DualShock was my favourite controller untill I tried the Controller S for Xbox.

The old Xbox controller makes my hands hurt though.

Lindy
08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
That's why I said average.

To find the GC controller uncomfortable, you have to have either huge or tiny hands.

Raistlin
08-03-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't find it uncomfortable. I just find the PS2 controller more comfortable - not with just the controller shape, but also the button layout.

Lionx
08-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I dunno but i always felt the PS2 controller was a little too small sometimes...made it hard to do stuff. O_o I guess its all about averaging out the people to who you appeal out to most.

DJZen
08-03-2005, 04:21 AM
This is what the controller would look like if Nintendo used every serious suggestion given here.

KentaRawr!
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
This is what the controller would look like if Nintendo used every serious suggestion given here.

1 side of brain: VMU's forever!!

2nd side of brain: That thing looks weird.

DJZen
08-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Of course it does, I used my lax photoshop skills to put it through the ringer and back. I'm amazed it looks as good as it does.

Cloud No.9
08-04-2005, 10:56 PM
i hope that's a touch screen.

i do have very small hands (no for the last time i am not a girl). so the dual shock always worked well for me. the x-box one was a no-hoper from the start. to be honest i haven't played much of the gc controller and what i have done was at parties when i was wasted and so that might go to explain my lack of aptitude with them.

Rye
08-05-2005, 12:48 AM
That's why I said average.

To find the GC controller uncomfortable, you have to have either huge or tiny hands.

I have tiny hands, I guess that's it.