PDA

View Full Version : Drawn Together

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Does anyone else watch it? I think its as good as South Park (which I consider really good). Its pretty funny.

XxSephirothxX
08-01-2005, 12:07 AM
I thought it was crap. The comedy was mainly based on the idea that cartoons having sex is really taboo, and most of the humor was raunchy, but not actually funny. I hope it's cancelled by now.

ZeZipster
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah... The difference between South Park and Drawn Together is South Park has an original style to it and it's actually funny.

Shoeberto
08-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Drawn Together was all scat and sex jokes. South Park is generally topical commentary or entirely original ideas.

A pig crapping on a pizza isn't funny.
A piece of crap that sings and dances and gives kids hygenic advice around Christmas time is funny.

I don't pretend to understand why it's this way, it just is. Drawn Together sucks.

°¿°¿°
08-01-2005, 12:30 AM
I like south park better but tehn again i only watched half a episode of drawn together

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Drawn Together was all scat and sex jokes. South Park is generally topical commentary or entirely original ideas.

A pig crapping on a pizza isn't funny.
A piece of crap that sings and dances and gives kids hygenic advice around Christmas time is funny.

I don't pretend to understand why it's this way, it just is. Drawn Together sucks.I still dont see much of a difference between either. Heck even South Park where people decided to crap from there mouths eat with there A-holes.

Shoeberto
08-01-2005, 12:38 AM
I still dont see much of a difference between either. Heck even South Park where people decided to crap from there mouths eat with there A-holes.
Out of context, that doesn't sound funny. In the episode, though, it was used to prove a point. They were spouting out random, uninformed religious theories and each time it was followed by crap. It was more social commentary than just gross-out humor.

UWAOOOOU
08-01-2005, 12:46 AM
I still dont see much of a difference between either. Heck even South Park where people decided to crap from there mouths eat with there A-holes.
Out of context, that doesn't sound funny. In the episode, though, it was used to prove a point. They were spouting out random, uninformed religious theories and each time it was followed by crap. It was more social commentary than just gross-out humor.That doesnt strike me as a particularly big deal. Heck, even Drawn together has those. There was a morale to the episode where the pig crapped on the pizza just like the south park episode where people crapped out there mouths. I still dont see much of a difference.

Shoeberto
08-01-2005, 01:18 AM
I guess it's just personal taste, then. I really don't think Drawn Together is comparable to South Park, but that's me.

Silver Valentines
08-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I prefer South Park, Drawn Together I don't like. But this is just my opinion

Shlup
08-01-2005, 01:44 AM
I second everything Hsu said. I don't think Drawn Together is, in any way, comparable to South Park. The very thought of saying the former is like the later makes me kinda sad. ;_;

RSL
08-01-2005, 02:25 AM
I watched the first couple episodes of drawn together and I didn't like it at all. I notice that it isn't on very much anymore.

GooeyToast
08-01-2005, 02:35 AM
South Park is better I agree

~Keep it gooey~

MoonsEcho
08-01-2005, 04:16 AM
While I think South Park goes too far in some instances, it is generally funny and does make rather good points. Drawn Together is quite unfunny. Not a comparison at all.

Meat Puppet
08-01-2005, 05:26 AM
What the fuck is Drawn Together?

Shoeberto
08-01-2005, 06:35 PM
It's an animated reality show where they take characters representing different styles (anime, old Hannah-Barbarah, Disney, DC, the zany-WB stuff, and flash cartoons) and put them in a house.

MoonsEcho
08-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Don't forget the RPG genre character, who of course is gay. =P

White Raven
08-02-2005, 05:58 AM
The show was alright, but that's aboot it. It was a good show to occupy 30 minutes of my time.

I think that they could have done a lot better with the character designs, and made them more stereotypic. Meh.

AsleepbyDawn
08-02-2005, 06:06 AM
South Park is horrible animation AND I HATE HORRIBLE ANIMATION NO MATTER HOW FUNNY IT IS. I feel sorry for people that can animate well and never get a job. Drawn Together is based on actual animation styles. I guess people miss that point. I prefer Drawn Together over South Park which is losing its edge.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Losing it's edge? South Park has more of an edge that ever! Drawn Together just tried to hard with it's jokes.

Mercen-X
08-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Pretty damn funny. It's not quite South Park, but it's funny.

AsleepbyDawn
08-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Losing it's edge? South Park has more of an edge that ever! Drawn Together just tried to hard with it's jokes.

Not much in my opinion. I seen the same jokes reused on South Park from other media spotlots. They just like to do the same stuff over and make people think they are on the edge. They are really not on the edge any more.

UWAOOOOU
08-04-2005, 01:44 AM

Not much in my opinion. I seen the same jokes reused on South Park from other media spotlots. They just like to do the same stuff over and make people think they are on the edge. They are really not on the edge any more.That reminds me of the episode where everything they did had been done on the simpsons, and the moral of the story was, it doesnt matter if you're not being original because everythings already been on the simpsons anyway.