PDA

View Full Version : Max HP

Russielloyd
08-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Ive got this problem, Ive just reach Ispen castle on disc 3 and ive got Zidane at lvl 99 already,and ive got hp + 20% and ive only got 7057 hp. Ive played this game tones of times and never have got my hp ove 8k. How do you get max hp?

I wont be playing this game again to do it after i complete it now(fuck am i doing another 150 hrs or so again for at least for a while) but i would apprieciate that i find out how to raise it to the max.

Thanks

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Amarant is the only character who could possibly get 9999 Hp. If you want to know how Zidane's Hp was determined, it works like this:

[(Strength * HpMod) / 50]

The HpMod for a level 99 character is 4524.

[(Strength * 4524) / 50]

Your Zidane has 65 Strength, no?

[(65 * 4524) / 50] = 5881

5881 + 20% = 5881 * 1.2 = 7057.2

So anyway, the only way to get anywhere close to max Hp is to load up on the Strength-boosting equipment at every level-up.

Edit: Zidane would need at least 67 Strength to crack the 8000 Hp mark at Lv.99, along with Hp+10% and Hp+20%.

Russielloyd
08-01-2005, 02:12 AM
Yeah it is, his strengh is 65.

That sucks then if you cant maximize there HP, whats the point in having that? its just stupid.

Dagger is lvl 99 aswell and shes only got 4885 hp, its just a waste of leveling up.

Thanks anyways.

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 02:17 AM
Well, like I said, you can load up on Strength boosting equipment while they're levelling, that would help. That's one of the reasons people play Lv.1 games when they want max-stats; their characters have 98 levels to gain with the best equipment if they start levelling from Lv.1 on Disc 3 or 4.

After you hit Lv.99 though there isn't anything you can do, except Gameshark. Sorry.

Russielloyd
08-01-2005, 02:21 AM
how do you stay lvl 1 up till 3rd disc, isnt that impossible to do?

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 02:23 AM
It's possible, I've done it.

Flee from all random encounters and use Petrify/Stop or have your characters Zombied/Virused for unavoidable exp fights.

Russielloyd
08-01-2005, 02:33 AM
hmmm, ill try that next time, i bet the bosses are harder right or do they stay a low level because you are?

When i finished this save, i might continue my ffx save for HP satisfaction. lol

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Nah, boss levels are fixed in this game. They aren't too bad though, only a handful of the bosses provide a serious challenge to a Lv.1 party. The forced exp-giving fights are the worst because you can't just simply kill them.

You should definitely try it. I loved my Lv.1 game.

Russielloyd
08-01-2005, 02:41 AM
so what was the stats you had after leveling up to 99?

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 02:46 AM
I didn't get that far actually... I only played it to fight all the optional bosses with a Lv.1 party.

During my game someone on GameFAQs (my home board) made a discovery about Eiko's stats being related to Marcus', and I abandoned my game teporarily to test it out and write a guide about it (which is why I know how the stat formulas work). After that I figured I'd go for max stats myself, but because the Pandemonium event forces at least one of your party members to gain multiple levels I got frustrated with all the math involved trying to compensate for that.

That's another thing, you can't make it past Pandemonium without at least one party member gaining a lot of levels.

Russielloyd
08-01-2005, 03:04 AM
yeah, it does sound like a pain. They couldnt make it like ff7 and get like 60-80 hp at every level up could they!?

Ah well, i only started playing ff9 again so i could get a save of it as my other memory card messed up and lost all my ff9 and 8 saves.

This is is going back on the shelf after ive finished it, ive done 120 hrs and ive not even entered Ispen castle yet. I might re-do 8 or continue 10 or 11.

Thanks for all the stuff you told, i apprieciate it and ill remember it for next time.

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
No problem. If you'e going to play 8 again you should do a No Level game in that. I had a great time doing that as well. It actually made the game a lot easier for me.

About FFVII's Hp/Mp gains...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_party_mech.txt

...if you're interested in how they work. It's a complicated read though.

Karl
08-01-2005, 06:27 AM
man, SoftReset ur like the ultimate master of ff games :eek:

i envy u :mad: :D

SoftReset
08-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Don't. I've spent hundreds of hours testing things in this game, literally hundreds, and have a few hundred kbs in text documents to show for it along with a game save at 200+hours.

But, if I had a better way to entertain myself or a greater desire to be involved in the world around me I wouldn't give a ---- about FFIX's battle mechanics. That's just the way my mind works I suppose.

Karl
08-01-2005, 08:02 AM
fine, i envy ur knowlege but not uhhh, the other stuff :D

SoftReset
08-02-2005, 12:16 AM
There you go. I'm thinking maybe when I get a floppy drive for this new computer I'll make an "Ask me anything about FFIX" topic here, since all my files are on floppy disks.