PDA

View Full Version : Penance?

syun_ukiya
08-01-2005, 03:39 AM
I just defeated all the dark aeons with agi, str, accuracy at 255.. also without break hp limit.. imo, i find it okay with my current stats..

so now with penance. is it possible to defeat him with my current stats? i just tried him out yesterday and my party, well, died. and can i survive him w/o bhpl?

i think i can survive obliteration with auto-life and gravion will never be a problem if i killed his left hand first. what do you think?

Ultima Shadow
08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
so now with penance. is it possible to defeat him with my current stats? i just tried him out yesterday and my party, well, died. and can i survive him w/o bhpl?

i think i can survive obliteration with auto-life and gravion will never be a problem if i killed his left hand first. what do you think?
Yes, it's possible. As long as you've got 255def and auto-protect, you'll be able to survive all of his attacks (except Judgements Day) without Auto-Life.

Hambone
08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I don't know a way to beat penance but I read somewhere that you should have break hp limit to beat it. Last night, I finally got Tidus to break his hp limit by racing the chocobos at Remiem temple. You have to open 3 treasure chests and hit 0 poles. Now my Tidus has 23,688
Anyway, breaking the hp limit is recommended.

Xalibar
08-01-2005, 11:47 PM
What does penance look like? Does anyone have a pic?

syun_ukiya
08-02-2005, 08:11 AM
There are lot of things I consider why I don't like to have bhlp.. Tidus' ultimate weapon damages more with a full hp and having 99999 hp will take lots of time to heal! besides penance damages you 99999 which means you have no escape. Also getting HP spheres from Iron Clad is such a pain.

I don't think auto-protect and defense 255 will help coz my overdrive will charge slower (at stoic) this is also the same with bhpl.

I'll post when I already beated penance with my current stats, but really I never had problems with dark aeons with my stats..

redxiiii
08-02-2005, 02:54 PM
What does penance look like? Does anyone have a pic?
I`ve seen a pic of Penance but it`s pretty hard to explain......ermm it`s like his body is separated from his arms. (bit like rayman really)

Dreddz
08-02-2005, 04:02 PM
put Penance into Google Image search and he comes up
Easy......

And yes, you can beat him on those Stats ( but training a bit would make it a little easier )

Fireblade13
08-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the pic help even though I can't do the dark A.

syun_ukiya
08-07-2005, 05:49 AM
I don't think I can defeat penance w/o hp limit and max defense and stats..damn he keeps on killing me. obliteration them terra gravion.. auto-life has no use. then he regenerates one arm after on turn! this sucks!

Shalashaska
08-07-2005, 06:35 AM
With 255 Defense and Auto-Protect you still need to cast Cheer 5 times in order to bring Obliteration under 9,999dmg. Your reasons for not using BHPL are definately warranted and BHPL can actually be a major liability when fighting Penance.

Concentrate all of your attention on his arms, the battle is long but not that difficult once you get the hang of it, but your priority should always be the arms.

KuRt
08-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Do you get anything cool except a happy feeling when you beat Penance?

syun_ukiya
08-08-2005, 02:43 AM
With 255 Defense and Auto-Protect you still need to cast Cheer 5 times in order to bring Obliteration under 9,999dmg. Your reasons for not using BHPL are definately warranted and BHPL can actually be a major liability when fighting Penance.

Concentrate all of your attention on his arms, the battle is long but not that difficult once you get the hang of it, but your priority should always be the arms.
I am now trying to snatch 2 hp spheres from iron clad.. i think it'll take me time to do so..

You mean i can put obliteration under 9999 dmg? really? but ya know after i casted x5 cheer.. i'll probably be dead. I haven't tried it but if it will save me the time rather than fighting iron clads then I think I should try it. have you tested it yourself?

What shocked me is after I killed his left arm (responsible for terra gravion) with one blitzace+perfect attack reel, it regenerated after his turn! and that sucks! I was expecting 5 of his turns before his arm is regenerated!