PDA

View Full Version : Vivi at the End (Possible Spoilers)

General-Beatrix
08-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Does anybody know how Vivi had children at the end?

abrojtm
08-01-2005, 05:27 AM
Most people tend to think he was somehow cloned, and that the actual Vivi died.

Karl
08-01-2005, 06:18 AM
good question, and i never heard that assumption which
*cough sux cough* excuse me i meant makes sense

anyway i never really thought about that but i would guess there is some way that the mages figured out gender and an expanded life span, anything other than that is kinda depressing

Slade
08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Most people tend to think he was somehow cloned, and that the actually Vivi died.

I'd go with that. Vivi probably did it himself....maybe there was some mist left in that machine under Dali or something or perhaps he found a different 'fuel' for the clones

Karl
08-01-2005, 05:53 PM
the mist came back in disc 3 so there definatley was a way

Slade
08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
the mist came back in disc 3 so there definatley was a way

The mist disappeared when the tree died at the end of the game i think

Dreddz
08-02-2005, 07:24 PM
doesnt anyone think that Vivi would of met a Miss Vivi ?

abrojtm
08-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Well Vivi and Quina did get married.

Floorgasborg
08-02-2005, 09:55 PM
You people are all nuts. There was only *one* Vivi and you hallucinated the others! You were seeing double! Or rather, the magnified version of it...
I'm not satisfied by the ending of IX, especially the peculiar Vivi clones. They could've at least had the decency to make them look slightly different...unless he was directly cloned. So I doubt that they used a machine to make more mages, why would they choose the little Vivi-model one?
And as for the Vivi-Quina marriage...I'm sure that failed after Quina realised that Vivi wasn't really interested in food.

Karl
08-03-2005, 12:05 AM
man u people are too literal, the point is something happened and they want u to think that vivi had kids, thats the "intended" ending

Masamune·1600
08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
FFIX doesn't really address the question of how Vivi's progeny came to be, nor what happened to Vivi after the battle with Necron and before his death. However, Vivi was a Black Mage, comprised of Mist (essentially stagnant souls). It's reasonable to assume that Vivi's offspring were created in a similar manner, likely utilizing Vivi's own "soul." It seems most likely to me, then, that his offspring somehow generated after his death, in the manner just mentioned. This seems to pack more meaning (as well as addressing the theme of the continuity of memory) than if Vivi simply created the new Mages through the technology at Dali (which strikes me as rather impersonal, as well as not really connected to Vivi). Whether Black Mages reproduce sexually (and other questions in that vein) is not really addressed, but there seems to be little to no evidence in the game that they can be created in that fashion.

In the end, though, there's no absolute answer to the question. I'd recommend simply taking whatever view best suits your interpretation of the game.

Polyonymous
08-04-2005, 04:56 AM
I think that Vivi wasn't "made" (though its been a while since I beat the game, so maybe there is proof that he was). Throughout the game, Vivi wonders if he is the same as the other black mages (who I also don't think were "made". I more look at it as them being born from the mist. If you remember in Dalhi, the mist is sucked into a machine, then eggs come out of it, then the eggs hatch.) I think it is entirely possible that he could have reproduced like a normal person (assuming he could find a female black mage). some people see the black mages as machines... I don't think thats the way it is.

abrojtm
08-04-2005, 05:24 AM
They are robots in the sense that they are a conglomeration of material constructed in a way as such to create something that is programmed to perform a specific task.

It is mentioned (at least) once in the game that Quan fished Vivi up out of the mist, but Vivi was "broken". At some point Vivi (presumably) kills Quan and somehow manages to inherit a personality. He is now capable of thoughts, feelings, and expressions. The Black Mages that live in the Black Mage village also had similar encounters. Vivi, however, is a prototype. This is why he broke so early. It is should be assumed that he too will "stop" soon (and why he looks different).

Didn't Vivi and Zidane take a leak together in Madain Sari? Shouldn't that suggest that he has a penis (and is therefore able to reproduce)?

G SpOtZ
08-04-2005, 06:38 AM
O_O OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

maybe vivi's the girls! he has a mage funnel attached to her mage vagina and therefore can release waste in a way that makes it look like a male. i'm sure zidane wasn't trying to look for anything, and if he was, that's sick. also, he doesn't pee, he just releases the vaporized mist inside of him!

and Quina was always referred to as "S/HE" instead of he or she! which means they didn't know of his gender. therefore quina was the father! but that also doesn't answer the question.

what i'm thinking is that Quina got hungry and ate parts of vivi. afterwards, s/he started getting sick and then regurgitated the vivi parts and somehow created a little VIVI! (because of vivi's cells combining with quina, considering she has the power to eat something and gain a random ability from it. therefore, she ate vivi and aquired the ability called "r&r" which stands for "regurgitate and reproduce") SWEET!

metal4deth
08-04-2005, 06:41 AM
well mybe vivi has a waste remover hole thing not a ......u know......and that ending with the clones of vivi is still a little confusing

Karl
08-04-2005, 07:22 PM
the way i see it they made it clear that vivi was intended to be a male (genetalia or not) and i would think that he was an earlier model than the mages from black mage village, i think they made it rather clear that quan died and was not killed by vivi or they probably would have had him say something about killing quan when the black mage at the grave site in black mage village said he "woke up" next to someone covered in blood. the "logical" assumption in my opinion is that black mages either decided to clone themselves as beings with "souls" from the start as opposed to eventually "waking up", or they found a way to asexually regenerate (having children without sex)

Karl
08-07-2005, 03:20 AM
i hope posting in this will make it go back to the top cuz i think it worth discussion and admin's prolly wouldnt let me make a new one

Aidan
08-07-2005, 04:14 AM
then say "bump" because it bumps it up.

Karl
08-07-2005, 05:27 AM
k sry im still new to forums :D anyway here is my latest opinion

the way i see it they made it clear that vivi was intended to be a male (genetalia or not) and i would think that he was an earlier model than the mages from black mage village, i think they made it rather clear that quan died and was not killed by vivi or they probably would have had him say something about killing quan when the black mage at the grave site in black mage village said he "woke up" next to someone covered in blood. the "logical" assumption in my opinion is that black mages either decided to clone themselves as beings with "souls" from the start as opposed to eventually "waking up", or they found a way to asexually regenerate (having children without sex)