PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Belief Fact or Fiction

darkchrono
08-01-2005, 08:13 AM
How many of you guys have ever watched this show. Even though it is kind of fake it is still fun to figure out which stories will be partially true and which stories will be totally made up. And in anycase the stories are pretty well acted out and are entertaining to watch nonetheless.

In general the stories that they claim are true are generally either urban legends or they are based off of a story that they know indeed did ocurr only they embelish a bit of it here and a bit of it there to make it seem more 'ghostly' or 'strange' than it actually was in real life. And if you notice they never actually say that after they claim a story was true they never actually say that the entire story was true. They always just say that an event like that did ocurr.

For instance on an episode of it I just watched they had a story that they claimed was true where a group of three college girls were traveling through the country on their way to a party at some other school or something. Well one of the girls claimed that she was hungry and wanted to stop at the next exit so they could go get something to eat. Soon they passed an advertisement board that was advertising of a place to eat at the next road coming up. So they exited off onto that road and the road turned into a dead end with no restaraunt to eat at ever appearing. So they turned around and went back onto the road that they were on to start off with and ran into an accident with a bunch of cars piled up and if they had not turned off they would have been involved in the accident. And when the policeman at the accident site stopped them and told them to turn around they asked him about the bullentin board he said that there was no bullentin board on this road. So the show says that the girls saw a bullentin board that wasn't there and it made them escape the accident.

Well I have had stories like that happen to me in the past minus the bullentin board part (not meaning exactly the same but similar stories in a way). So that story probably was an actual account but they just added in the bullentin board part of the story or the girls turned off the road for some other reason that wasn't in any way supernatural.

So that is how they usually come up with there true stories. Either take a complete urban legend or take an actual event that may be a little odd but not in any way supernatural and change a bit of it or add a bit more in to make it seem supernatural.

But the show is still entertaining to watch I think to see which ones they say are true and which ones they say are made up. And most of the stories are in general well acted out.

GooeyToast
08-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I enjoy the show, but there are too many commercials.

~Keep it gooey~

Winter Nights
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
The show isn't bad. Has some interesting urban legends in it.

fire_of_avalon
08-01-2005, 04:24 PM
JONATHON FRAKES JONATHON FRAKES <3

TheFolkmusician
08-05-2005, 02:55 AM
I love that show..watch it when i can you know. Do any of you remember the one story with the vampire in the hospital and he was taking blood packs and storing them in his hospital room and this old creepy man and women took them while they visted him. Then the nurse caught on to him....then he started to go after her but then the security gaurd came into the room and he jumped out of the window. Was that one true? Probably wasnt but you never know with that show.

Extreme Walrus
08-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Very cool, i remember watching it all the time.

Carlene
08-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Well, I only ever watched like 5 mins of one show before so I dunno wat its like. But I have read a book of them before. It was good. have 2 admit it was one of my favourites for a long time when I was a kid