PDA

View Full Version : i think im a noob but ...

bumchum kev
08-01-2005, 09:38 AM
well personally i think im a noob because im not very strong and not very skillfull.

i got to ulti's castle and i thought, phew im jus lucky. i jus got the ultimate weapons for squall, rinoa and zell (my main party) and now im thinking its just luck again. but then i have only just looked at my level and squall is level 72. im thinking WTF? where did that come from.

the last time i checked he was level 40 something.

i still think im a noob but im going to get the rest of the GFs and train up like hell.

boys from the dwarf
08-01-2005, 10:14 AM
i started a new game because my junctions sucked and i was only level 40.leveling up is easy on FF8 its not paticularly hard to actually get sqalll to lvl100 before quistis joins you.and stop saying your a noob even if you are one.

bumchum kev
08-01-2005, 04:14 PM
i know its easy to level up and im sorry for calling myself a noob so often.

i just heard of everyone beating things like the omega weapon and i dont think i will ever be able to do that. and i consider myself an inferior to every1 on here. especially u boys from the dwarf, i have read some of your posts and they have helped me out a lot. thanx

thank u all

Dreddz
08-01-2005, 04:25 PM
lvl 72 could squeeze u past pretty much everything, except Bahumat and Omega Weopen

crazybayman
08-01-2005, 04:52 PM
lvl 72 could squeeze u past pretty much everything, except Bahumat and Omega Weopen

Uhh.....I pretty muched owned Bahumut just recently, at level 70.

It all has to do with your junctioning and if you have high level spells junctioned.

Bumchum kev, make sure you have the right magic, and high level spells like Firaga, Ultima, Meteor, etc junctioned to the right places. And make sure that everyone has the right junctions avaiable to them, i.e. that each person in your party (not the people inactive) has hp-j, str-j, spd-j, vit-j, mag-j....etc. If you do this correctly, and have the right magic junctioned, then you'll kick the crap outta pretty much anything.

If you have all this, the lower your level the better, because enemies level up as you do. So if your at lower levels, and have all the right junctions and magic, you're better off, because the enemies will be relatively weak.

If you don't have all your GF abilities and junctions learned yet, then I suggest you spend some time doing so.

And don't consider yourself inferior to everyone here! So what if your a noob....everyone is a n00b at some point.

btw, I suggest you check out the FFVIII walkthrough at www.eyesonff.com. You'll get everything you need to know there.

Good luck!

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, here's what i did: Got Zell, Rinoa, and Squall up to level 100 (to be honest the level doesn't matter, it's how you junction things, I suggest at least level 65 though) Refine Odin's card into 100 dead spirits and junction everyone death. Go to the island closest to heaven/hell and junction enc-none and go and draw at all of the draw points untill everyone has 100 ultimas, junction it to elemental defense.
Refine Diablos's card into 100 black holes and refine 100 demis to everyone. Junction things so you have 9999 health and as much strenghth as you can get (but keep ultima at elemental defense). Have everyone's legendary weapon (especially squall's) give as many triples to one person, and as many auras to another. Refine Bahamuts card into 100 megaelixers. It's not like you're going to use them after this right?
Get all of the gf's you can.
In battle, just use demi and physical attacks on the first form of ultimecia and kill off everyone except zell rinoa and squall.
Once she pulls out griever, cast triple on the person that has aura then make them use aura on everyone. don't use angel wings on rinoa, just angelo and hope for wishing star or invincible moon. Zell, just abuse his duel (if you don't know how, just use the top commands no matter what and you can hit several times per second).
I did this and i only go ko'd when griever used the shockwave pulsar. I was lucky to have the phoenix then.

Make sure you have used the phoenix pinion in a previous battle. It will revive your party members when they're all KO'd at the same time. (saved me from quite a few game overs.)

Also if you do this with ultima weapon or bahamut, it's a breeze!!!

assemblage
08-02-2005, 01:01 AM
have you guys heard, by chance, of the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell? i know it's easy to level up before Ulti's Castle, what with the Lunar Cry happening and all, but these islands kick the poo outta those monsters. i can't quite get where the Island Closest to Heaven is, but the Island Closest to Hell is the island that's furthest to the left on the world map. it's got the strongest monsters in the game, and with each one, you can get 1-2 levels up for each character easy, depending on how leveled up you are already. if you go there, equip 100 Deaths to the Stat-Jun-Attack for everyone in your party. a majority of the monsters there are vulnerable to Death, and if you have 100, it's really easy to beat them with just a few hits. you should also have Eden equipped, so you can beat those that aren't vulnerable to Death. i saved after every battle there, cuz i had a baaaaaad experience with a Malboro where i died after getting about 20 levels on each character. >. < but yeah, i guess the point of this was......maybe i didn't have a point. but go there, it rocks :tongue:

btw, you're not a noob.

crazybayman
08-02-2005, 12:16 PM
have you guys heard, by chance, of the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell? i know it's easy to level up before Ulti's Castle, what with the Lunar Cry happening and all, but these islands kick the poo outta those monsters. i can't quite get where the Island Closest to Heaven is, but the Island Closest to Hell is the island that's furthest to the left on the world map. it's got the strongest monsters in the game, and with each one, you can get 1-2 levels up for each character easy, depending on how leveled up you are already. if you go there, equip 100 Deaths to the Stat-Jun-Attack for everyone in your party. a majority of the monsters there are vulnerable to Death, and if you have 100, it's really easy to beat them with just a few hits. you should also have Eden equipped, so you can beat those that aren't vulnerable to Death. i saved after every battle there, cuz i had a baaaaaad experience with a Malboro where i died after getting about 20 levels on each character. >. < but yeah, i guess the point of this was......maybe i didn't have a point. but go there, it rocks :tongue:

btw, you're not a noob.
Island Closest to Heaven is a little kidney shaped (or bean shaped) island at the extreme North West of the World map (directly North of Esthar's Grandidi Forest).

Of course I've heard of them. I use them all the time for rare items and drawing high level magic. I have used them in the past for training and levelling up, but realized that once you get all your junctions and abilities, there's no point to levelling up, because as your level gets higher, so does the enemies. Therefore if you (and your enemies of course) are at a low level and you have all your junctions and abilities, the enemies will be easy.

However, on the Island Closest to Hell, all enemies are always at lvl 100, if I'm not mistaken.

Alive-Cat
08-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Just level up. As it's been said, it's easy to level Squall up to level 99 before you even have to fight Ifrit.

Jessweeee♪
08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
geez...level 99 before you beat ifirit...I guess you could but it won't matter cos you won't have much magic to junction...or places to junction the magic...

assemblage
08-03-2005, 12:59 AM
However, on the Island Closest to Hell, all enemies are always at lvl 100, if I'm not mistaken.
it's true as far as i know. i scanned a few times, and they were 100, so yeah. but yknow, as long as it you get a crapload of exp, i'm happy.

and as far as leveling up Squall to level 99 before Ifrit.....you must have a lot of patience. O.o

disapointedchild
08-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Levels mean nothing, master the junction system. Draw 100 of every magic, and junction like crazy. Omega, ultima, bahamut, and ultimacia are quite easy with the right junctions, evan at level 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rubah
08-03-2005, 04:21 AM
I would wait until disc 3 to start levelling, honestly.

Jessweeee♪
08-07-2005, 11:29 PM
yeah you don't have much freedom until you get the ragnarok really. as soon as you can drive it get all of the gf's.