PDA

View Full Version : Band Programs

Terran
08-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I was wondering what you people do Band-wise in your homes/schools. This is directed primarily at Marching Bands, but any Band program can work. I currently go to a school with a Awesome band program that I am very proud to be a part of. And Please do not be a band-geek flamer, cuz that is not the point of this thread.

YukiKiro
08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
our school's is okay, but the school in downtown a couple of years ago won the world championship. Arthur Hill. if you haven't heard of it don't worry about it, but if you have i don't go there. the school i attend has a decent band.

Kirobaito
08-01-2005, 07:48 PM
The band program at our school is quite good. They have made sweepstakes for four years running in Marching/Concert/Sight-reading. That said, I was in it for 2 1/2 years before quitting last Christmas. You never realize how bad band is until you're not in it anymore. Life is bliss now.

StarlightAngel
08-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Its pretty good. We don't enter championships or anything though. We just perform :3

Fonzie
08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I quit this year because the teacher was a asshole.

boris no no
08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
i once fell through a wall in the music room. they boarded it up with cardboard
music? what the hell it that?

Shoeberto
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Our band program has gone progressivly down hill since a new director signed on a few years ago and has succeeded in taking over the entire program from the veterans that actually know what they're doing.

Lots of people have quit because of him. Myself included, though only partially. The other part was because the class was boring as hell, especially being a drummer.

Rye
08-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I was in band for a year when I was 9, but my teacher was a bit of a jerk and the Saxaphone didn't appeal too much. Now Chorus, that was a great class. I'm going back into it this school year. :)

disapointedchild
08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
The band program at our school is quite good. They have made sweepstakes for four years running in Marching/Concert/Sight-reading. That said, I was in it for 2 1/2 years before quitting last Christmas. You never realize how bad band is until you're not in it anymore. Life is bliss now.

Yeah, I guess bliss would be the word you would use. I hope you know what you are missing.

As for me, I am just into the music, the people are really immature and boring, yeah they gave me a few good laughs, but thats it.

Meat Puppet
08-01-2005, 09:55 PM
I play in a band, well, I used to - but all the members are just as lazy as I am. And I think that our keyboardist didn't even exist. :confused:

Shlup
08-01-2005, 10:12 PM
My fiance was a marching band drummer for a long time, but he quit that in high school because the band director at are school was a weenus, so now he just plays with his sexy rockstar band.

Shameless plug: www.tokyoshowdown.com

-N-
08-01-2005, 10:13 PM
OMG FIANCE

Terran
08-02-2005, 03:21 AM
heh, I just got back from two 3 hours practices whihc will happen for the rest of the week. But to elaborate more onto my Band Program, Our Marching band Has gotten Straight superiors in all contests for the past 10-13 Years in a row. We went to Flordia, and played in some New York parade involving the Fourth of July in 2001 or 2002..wasn't in it then thou...

Fithos
08-02-2005, 06:09 AM
our marching/showband program is awsom.

i am the highest ranking quad player in the drum line and
we have ben bershbock as an instructor who was a cadets quad player, (cadets being a world class show band) and he rewrites all our music. its soooooooooooooo awsom

metal4deth
08-02-2005, 06:20 AM
band is dumb unless you are playing a guitar

Terran
08-02-2005, 03:30 PM
our marching/showband program is awsom.

i am the highest ranking quad player in the drum line and
we have ben bershbock as an instructor who was a cadets quad player, (cadets being a world class show band) and he rewrites all our music. its soooooooooooooo awsom

Heh, Our Band instructer was in some random Drum line and we have Proffessor J Rees write our show music, and hes a professor at the university of Arizona. We doing The Beatles this year.

Tidus5
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM

too True.

Terran
08-03-2005, 04:59 PM

too True.

Hey, the only instrument isn't guitar, and other instruments deserve credit!! But we do have a Bass player. So does that make us any cooler? I think it does. :cool:

rubah
08-03-2005, 06:40 PM
band started today<3

we got fitted for uniforms xD My friend's mom was handing out bibbers, and I think I annoyed her by trying three different pairs:O she didn't think I needed any after the second, but I insisted that I knew what comfortable bibbers feel like (I would I hope I did by now) and got a nice pair.

I also got my jacket from last year (#15) and the same size beret xD

Fithos
08-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Heh, Our Band instructer was in some random Drum line and we have Proffessor J Rees write our show music, and hes a professor at the university of Arizona. We doing The Beatles this year.

nice, beatles are awsom. all we get to do is pirates of the caribbean, which is fun stuff but not great.

I also got my jacket from last year (#15) and the same size beret xD
beret? does this mean you are a tuba player? or is the beret standered for your marching band?