PDA

View Full Version : Sun burns

Rye
08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Sun burns suck. I am very sun burnt today, especially on my face and neck. My face is so red, and it's striped with white from the places I did actually put sunscreen on. I didn't think I'd get burnt so I barely put any on. I look ridiculous. xD

So, do you get sun burnt easily? I used to never get burned because I'm Italian, so I'd be super tan, but I'm such an indoors nerd that all the colour in my skin is gone, and I'm very pale. :p

Leeza
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
45 SPF everyday works wonders. Even when there's no sun. :)

Lindy
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't burn.

Doomie
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Use Aloe Vera for sunburns. However, that's NOTHING. I once went to Wildwood where I went to beachees EVERYDAY. By the third day, my skin was peeling. It was horrible. But that has never happened again, no matter how long I stayed in the sun after that.

Flying Mullet
08-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I spent too much time in the pool yesterday and have red shoulders and a back to prove it.

Rye
08-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Use Aloe Vera for sunburns. However, that's NOTHING. I once went to Wildwood where I went to beachees EVERYDAY. By the third day, my skin was peeling. It was horrible. But that has never happened again, no matter how long I stayed in the sun after that.

I put some of that stuff on last night, it helped a lot. And peeling burns suck, that only happened to me once I think. It was so awful. I got completely burned on the back of my legs since I didn't think to put sunscreen there, so sitting down was excruitiating. xD

bipper
08-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I dont burn eaither - i just smolder into a crispy red thing... Like a demonic bastage under holy water.:hot:

If it wasnt for all my color - i would swear i should be albino :(

Bipper BURNS :tumble:

Tama2
08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
HURRAY! I'm hlaf Mexican. So I don't burn as easily. Plus I lived in the desert my whole life. When I was little I would be out al day in summer. catchin lizards, snakes, and me fav. GECKOS! (which is also a lizard.) So my skin is rough and tough against the sun. I'll end up gettin cancer anyways though. lol

Zeldy
08-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I Burn extremley easily, which is why you never see me outside [I hate summer -_-;]Which isnt a good thing, as im going spain in a few weeks so i will burn :(
My cheeks go all red and hot and look awful... and having dark hair isnt good either, So my hair can get roasting at times, and you'd think going in the pool is ok, nuh uh, i remember last year i had to put after sun on my face and i started screaming because of the pain, The pool had to much chlorine and my face went all dry

Oh and, im eeeeeeeeeeeny bit irish,or so ive been told, so im fair ;__;

crazybayman
08-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Yep, I pretty much look like a lobster after a day in the sun without sunblock.

Aloe Vera does work wonders though. It soothes, and usually prevents my burns from peeling.

Jebus
08-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Sun BAD!!!!!!! RARGH!!!!

The Unknown Guru
08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Once, I went to Wild Waves all day, from opening to closing, and I missed my back and shoulders. It hurt like crazy if somebody barely touched it. After about a week of that, it itched like nuts for about 3 days then finally went away. Stupid photons...

ZuZu
08-01-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm Finnish, so I have naturally very light skin so I get sun burns very easily.

Half of my back is burned and it looks awful. :mad:

Lindy
08-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I Burn extremley easily, which is why you never see me outside [I hate summer -_-;] Which isnt a good thing, as im going spain in a few weeks so i will burn
My cheeks go all red and hot and look awful... and having dark hair isnt good either, So my hair can get roasting at times, and you'd think going in the pool is ok, nuh uh, i remember last year i had to put after sun on my face and i started screaming because of the pain, The pool had to much chlorine and my face went all dry
This is the world having it's revenge on you for being such an emo-goth.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
i got really badly sunburnt when i was in portugal, i was wearing factor 55 sun protection and my shoulders still peeled, i burn very easily :choc:

Hawkeye
08-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't burn.
Because I'm hispanic

rubah
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I get burnt if I go much more than twenty minutes outside without any 'screen.

Speaking of which, I should go outside for a while nowxD

Tama2
08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
If you wanna be in pain.

boris no no
08-01-2005, 07:28 PM
i have wonderful see-through irish skin
i get burnt in the english summer
;_______;
i have to put on factor 50+ if i wanna stay outside al day ;______;

Tama2
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought SPF 45 was the best it could get. The higher it gets after that it can get worse or stay the same lvl of protection. :p

Shlup
08-01-2005, 07:33 PM
My lotion has SPF 30 or something in it, and I avoid sunlight most of the time, so I don't usually get burnt. I can get crispy pretty easily though.

boris no no
08-01-2005, 07:33 PM
well it says factoe 50+ and i will not argue with Boots. i think they know more then me :p

Fonzie
08-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Bullfrog barnd works wonders :D

Strider
08-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I've got a scar on my shoulder from sixth grade, when I forgot to reapply. It's a round patch, you can tell by the fact it's a couple shades lighter than the rest of my skin.

ZeZipster
08-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I use to get sunburnt alot when I lived in St. Pete because I was only a good 30 minutes away from the beach and people would randomly offer me rides. But ever since I moved, I haven't gone but once and I used sunscreen.

Meat Puppet
08-01-2005, 09:58 PM
One time I grew out massive Elvis sideburns. I thought they were pretty cool, until I went public and people started beating me up. :(

louby_4eva
08-01-2005, 11:02 PM
I wear factor 50 whenever it's hot, I've only been sunburnt once so I don't know if I get burnt easy. No chance of me getting burnt this summer anyway. :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

kikimm
08-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Never had a sunburn in my LIFE. :cool:

:D

metal4deth
08-01-2005, 11:32 PM
im mexican so i dont get sun burnt but i always wonder how a sun burnt feels like ................i heard it hurts but i want to have to see how it really feels

Rye
08-01-2005, 11:38 PM
It feels like any other burn, but I would imagine it'd hurt less than a burn from a fire.

Spiffing Cheese
08-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I hate sun. :D One reason is that my skin is so... insanely sensitive, I find it very difficult to find sunscreen I can actually use. Most of it irritates the hell out of my skin and causes my eczema to get very bad ;___;. So I try to avoid the sunlight :p, which is probably why I'm a total indoor NERD, even when I'm on holiday somewhere.

Rase
08-02-2005, 12:03 AM
I just went rafting and I got sunburn in a lot of places, including my head, which feels kinda weird. I burn pretty easily, and even the best suncreen wears off after 8 hours in/near water...

metal4deth
08-02-2005, 12:32 AM
My friend is kinda white but hes mexican but he got a sun burn on his face and start peeling a little on his nose and cheeks, it was funny

Eternal Dark Night
08-02-2005, 01:05 AM
were do i began well once i was really burned on my face 2 days later i had a scare that was pink on my face the rest was dark i kept peeling it off just made it worse my uncle said i was the only mexican with freakells i don't know how to spell it but just got worse now i still have light skin.

fire_of_avalon
08-02-2005, 04:00 AM
I don't tan. I just burn and peel, and what's under the peel is whiter than before -_-

Reles
08-02-2005, 04:14 AM
I burn really easily as well, but it tans over nicely.

Giga Guess
08-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Believe it or not, I've found that sunblock soothes a sunburn....

'Course, I've also used an aftersun ointment that works well too....

disapointedchild
08-02-2005, 05:27 AM
I have never been sun burned. How fortunate of me huh. :cool:
Yall get sunburned, but I am always cool .

My condolences to those of you who do get sunburned, try some of that lotion.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I dont burn easily, rather tan easily and im telling you its not that great sometimes! I went out to the beach and walking around with a t shirt and a knee length shirt for about 2 hours in the sun and i was real brown on my forearms and my legs from the knee down...it was real hot that day and i did have sun lotion on but overall i dont really burn easily or at all for that matter lol!

Peegee
08-03-2005, 04:40 AM
Exfoliate (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=exfoliate) your skin every day. The way I did it when I had a burn was to take hot showers which softened my skin, then I would rub it off with the towel.

Skin balms only sooth, they don't help the healing, which is basically waiting until the added blood (why your skin is red) recedes.

Spammerman
08-03-2005, 05:29 AM
I used to get them all the time, now I start to tan.

Mahal Kita
08-03-2005, 06:32 AM
I don't remember the last time but I've probably been sun burned at least once in my life. Painful, I should say. I'm a super tan Filipina but I live in sunny sunny California. ^_~

SomethingBig
08-03-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm too awesome to get sunburned. Grow a pair of awesomes, so you don't get burned!

I once went to Wildwood
WTF?! Do you live in NJ?