PDA

View Full Version : The 100 cloysters

Yew-Yevon
08-01-2005, 08:45 PM
I'v already finished it and im wondering who els beat that side quest.

its in chapter 5 in the right room in the Beveal temple where you meet the kindergaurdians and you get to fight the most powerful fiend in the game.

01Princessguard
08-01-2005, 09:06 PM
:surprised Omg, how? I cant do it at all.

boys from the dwarf
08-01-2005, 10:13 PM
i got up to floor 40 then couldnt be bothered.i wouldnt be able to do it anyway unless i leveled up like hell.

abrojtm
08-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Iron Duke am Goal!!

Levian
08-01-2005, 11:29 PM
I got what I wanted at floor 40. Then I couldn't be arsed to continue. :cool:

raskerino
08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Got to the dude before trema but genesis would always do 12000 to all before I could use the trigger happy/catnip/turbo controller trick.

Mo-Nercy
08-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I can't beat Trema!! :cry:

Big D
08-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Trema's a real pain to beat. However, there are some tricks...
I didn't beat him till my second time through the game, so I used the following:

Two characters with the Mascot costume and accessories to raise defensive stats. One character as a Gunner with Trigger Happy Level 3, accessorised with Catnip and something providing Auto-Haste. This character, if not all three, should have the Highroad Winds grid.

Try to have the Gunner in critical health (yellow numbers) when the fight starts. Begin using Trigger Happy. Thanks to the Catnip, each shot will deal 9999 damage. Maximum pain.

Have the other two Mascots continually heal each other, and revive the Gunner each time she falls - but don't take her health above critical, since that makes Catnip useless.

Trema has 999,999 HP so it's a long fight, but abrojtm is right - Iron Duke most definitely am goal.

SeeDRankLou
08-02-2005, 01:50 AM
I've done it. The Iron Duke is well worth it, makes getting Cry in the Night a bit more bearable.

I have a bit of a different strategy for Trema, if you find that that one doesn't work. It involves two Warriors and a Gunner with Catnip and Speed Bracer, all with something giving First Strike. Start the battle with everyone using a Mana Spring until Trema has no MP left. Three should be more than enough but you never know, the game can be weird like that. Now Trema can't perform Ultima. After this, have the two Warriors use Sentinel. Now you don't really have to worry about the Warriors, because everything that Trema now does, including every strike of Meteor, will only do 1 HP of damage. Now, just keep the Gunner alive but in critical and blast Trema away with Trigger Happy at Lv. 3. With a Speed Bracer and very fast hitting of the R1 button, you should be able to do 20 hits for 9999, which is 199,980. Five of those and he's out.

karatehero
08-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Um, the problem with your strategy SRL is that your guys (especially the gunner) are going to get killed a lot. When you go to heal them, no more sentinel for you. then your dark knights get killed. Basically, thats the same as the dual mascot strategy. I can't see how its different.

The iron dukes are totally worth the effort. Besides, time #2 that you beat him, its much easier.

BTW - for the person that gets hit by Nemisis, why don't you equip something that lets you attack first?

SeeDRankLou
08-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Um, the problem with your strategy SRL is that your guys (especially the gunner) are going to get killed a lot. When you go to heal them, no more sentinel for you. then your dark knights get killed. Basically, thats the same as the dual mascot strategy. I can't see how its different.
With proper timing and good speed that is not an issue.

Memory Of Lightwaves
08-03-2005, 05:33 PM
OMG trema is a complete bastard!! he's always killing me :(
ive got a guide but im still struggling!!
think id better level up a bit before trying again...:(

Big D
08-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Fun fact: Trema and Brother are voiced by the same actor.

Yew-Yevon
08-04-2005, 05:28 PM
my stratagy was (minde you I had an action-replay powerd disc to help me ) was to eqip each person with an Iron Duke and a ....sorry I forget the name but it gives you Auto-wall and it starts with an A. with these trema did 59hp with punches and kicks, and 2000hp with meteor, and 500hp with demi meaning that you would last a looong time. my characters were Pain:sameri attack-fire works=9999hp

Yuna:gunner attack-tableturner=7846-9999hp

Rikku:sameri attack-fire works=9999hp

redxiiii
08-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I got to level 98 and died, so I had to start from 80, I just couldn`t be bothered though.

rubah
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM

I found it scary that the guy that did lord braska's voice did like. . a *ton* of them. including the ronso boys, I think:O

Big D
08-05-2005, 12:42 AM

I found it scary that the guy that did lord braska's voice did like. . a *ton* of them. including the ronso boys, I think:OBraska's voiced by a different actor in the two games.

karatehero
08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
my stratagy was (minde you I had an action-replay powerd disc to help me ) was to eqip each person with an Iron Duke and a ....sorry I forget the name but it gives you Auto-wall and it starts with an A. with these trema did 59hp with punches and kicks, and 2000hp with meteor, and 500hp with demi meaning that you would last a looong time. my characters were Pain:sameri attack-fire works=9999hp

Yuna:gunner attack-tableturner=7846-9999hp

Rikku:sameri attack-fire works=9999hp

I like how your strategy is to get the item that Trema gives you after you kill him and use it against him. You can kill him without cheating. Just use the Cat Nip.

Haunted
08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
i got to about floor 67, then decided i couldnt be bothered to carry on, and went and finnished the game... all the end bosses are soooo easy with cat-nip