PDA

View Full Version : ct A.D. and B.C.???

G SpOtZ
08-02-2005, 02:53 AM
this is outta nowhere, but what do B.C. and A.D. stand for in chrono trigger? i dunno if they explained it, but i would think it's different than our definitions of B.C. and A.D. haha, i dunno. anyway if anybody can answer that, go ahead haha, jus somethin i was wonderin about

Zechs
08-02-2005, 05:40 AM
B.C is Before Christ, and A.D is After Death.

Buster Sword Strike
08-02-2005, 05:46 AM
A.D. is After the Father in Latin.
Dunno if the CT world has a different god though...
Before Common Era and Common Era would make more sense.

G SpOtZ
08-02-2005, 07:02 AM
right right, but Zechs, u said before christ and after death... but how do we know if there is a christ or not?

same with buster sword strikes... it jus doesn't make sense haha. think the creators just used to b.c. and a.d. terms for our sake? just so we understand and can relate to the eras?

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2005, 07:26 AM
right right, but Zechs, u said before christ and after death... but how do we know if there is a christ or not?

same with buster sword strikes... it jus doesn't make sense haha. think the creators just used to b.c. and a.d. terms for our sake? just so we understand and can relate to the eras?

That's it exactly, I believe.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2005, 08:01 AM
A.D. means Anno Domini--"the Year of Our Lord."

And yes, I would say there is Christianity in the CT world, or something extremely close to it.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/jesusangelchurchnun.gif

-N-
08-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Considering the biblical allegories in Crono's journey, I'd say it's there too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2005, 08:35 AM
That's also a good point (http://www.chronocompendium.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chrono_Testament).

Rengori
08-02-2005, 09:02 AM
B.C is Before Christ, and A.D is After Death.
Jesus didn't live a year and die.

G SpOtZ
08-02-2005, 09:22 AM
ahh ic, nice screenshot, kawaii ryukishi, that clears it

abrojtm
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
It's hard to believe that people still thing that A.D. means After Death... A.D. refers to the time after Christ was born. It's sorta unclear whether it started with 0 or 1 since the calendar was created long after the death of Christ.