PDA

View Full Version : I'm so ashamed.

Sasquatch
08-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Alright...I decided I was actually going to go through with uncursing the shield this game. Now where is the damn thing?

Llanowar
08-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Try narshe in the WoR.....must have Locke to get it ;) hope u have him LOL or have u forgotten where to get him too?

abrojtm
08-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I believe it's received from an old man in bed in the Weapon (maybe?) shop...?

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Not the weapon shop, he gives you the Ragnarok sword/esper. It's the man in the house on the left of the path leading to the mines.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
08-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Uncursing the shield was a PAIN because the character equipped with it was wiped out so easily.
But it's worth getting!!!
Don't forget to equip a Ribbon too.
;)

Fithos
08-02-2005, 10:21 PM
it was the first thing i got after the airship, and it still wasnt till i was going up the magic tower that i uncursed it. never had a problem with my guy dying though.

Sasquatch
08-02-2005, 10:39 PM
The house on the left of the path to the mines? Alright, thanks, I'll give it a shot. I know you're not talking about the Elder's house, because nobody's there, either. But I'll find it.

I don't need to, but I'm gonna spend quite a bit of time in the forest gaining experience for everybody (they're at lv. 54 or 57 now), so that should be plenty of battles to uncurse the thing. I tried it once, but gave up real quick. Thanks y'all.

EDIT: I'm also trying the Imp thing, with all the Imp Gear. Not all it's cracked up to be.

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2005, 10:41 PM
That's on the far left of the town, but not on the direct left of the path that leads up to the mines.

You have to go up a set of stairs to do it, and the house is a two story. You enter on the second floor. Its next to the Relic Shop.

-N-
08-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Best place to battle up the Cursed Shield is on Solitary Island. All you really have to do is move around and whenever you get into a fight the Peepers will kill themselves. Or if you want something to do, take Gogo and Locke and try to steal their Elixirs.

Sasquatch
08-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Don't they have Megalixers too?

I got it. Thanks. I forgot about that house, as that's the only purpose it serves in the game. That's another thing I like about FFVI, prettymuch every building in every town has a purpose to it. In fact, is there a building anywhere that doesn't have a purpose for being there? It's not like the other games, with filler-buildings.

I was gonna say something else, but it's after one in the morning and I'm tired. I'll think of it later, probably right after I get off the internet.

Masamune·1600
08-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Don't they have Megalixers too?

You can only steal Elixirs from Peepers. You can steal Megalixirs from EarthGuards, also on Solitary Island.

As to the matter of uncursing the Shield, fighting on Solitary Island is certainly the best idea. Just don't equip it on Gogo, as he can't uncurse it.

Sasquatch
08-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I see. But I think I'm gonna stick with the forest, as the experience is just as important to me as uncursing the shield.

Peter_20
08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
try to steal their Elixirs.

You can get the Megalixirs quite easily: simply cast Stop on the enemies and steal forever.
Itīs an advantage to boost Lockeīs Speed, btw.
Also equip him with the Sneak Ring and the RunningShoes.

eestlinc
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM
I love how some old dude is just sitting around Narshe waiting to give you a cursed shield. It's like a homage to the Robot in ff1.

Del Murder
08-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Best place to battle up the Cursed Shield is on Solitary Island. All you really have to do is move around and whenever you get into a fight the Peepers will kill themselves. Or if you want something to do, take Gogo and Locke and try to steal their Elixirs.
That's a pretty good idea. Then you can switch channels and watch TV while you just move the controller around.