PDA

View Full Version : where do you get your guides from????

karlabaines
08-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Latly ive been reading the guide from ign and it seems to prove quite well. I started using the walkthrough on this website at the begining of the game. But since im now about to go into cleyra the guide on here runs out. So were do you get your guides from??

Flying Mullet
08-02-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com or more specifically for FFIX http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197338.html.

karlabaines
08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Which one would you saywould give the best detail?? Sorry for being picky i like to do everything in these games.

Flying Mullet
08-02-2005, 06:56 PM
No idea. Check them out and see which you like.

SoftReset
08-02-2005, 09:05 PM
ATadeo's is the best overall walkthrough, and anything written by rebirth flame 2002 will be very useful. His missable items guide and equipment locations guide are the most useful guides there in my opinion.

Karl
08-03-2005, 12:06 AM
i go to gamewinners.com for like every game im stuk on

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Recently I've been using gamefaqs, but before that I'd use the offical guide. A couple of mario games I have two guides for! I think it was FFIX where they were like at EB, "You get a discount for buying the guide the same time as the game," so that means I also went to playonline. Today I use gamefaqs. I've found that they often have more info than the official guide.

karlabaines
08-05-2005, 08:58 AM
When i first got the game i got the quide aswell but after i finished the game i sold it. So at the moment im using this http://guides.ign.com/guides/12190/page_10.html yuo have to scroll down a little to see it.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Cool, do you have the Japanese version; they seem to be using that one.

karlabaines
08-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Strange.. myne's all in english you may need to change your settings for that site.

Shadowdeathrose
08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
THE GUIDE I USE IS ON MY OWN WEBSITE WAT ELSE LOL!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-05-2005, 10:11 PM
No, I didn't say the site was in Japanese. The game they're using is the Japanese version. I suspected this b/c they kept saying "Zidan," then i finally found a pic with Japanese text.

karlabaines
08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh right i thought it was a bit odd becouse of the moogles being called mogli's. But then i went to game faqs and thers much more detailed ones there.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Hmm, interesting, I noticed they refer to Amarant not as Amarant...nor as Salamander. For some reason they call him by his last name, even in the characters section where they say "Zidane" with an e. Weird. It looks good though. No spoilers, and they gave you a nice tip on fighting Amarant/Salamander/Coral, whatever you want to name him; I've named him Rudny[c]ky and Ted. Hmm, I wonder what it says about the Desert Palace leader algorithms....

EDIT: ...nothing -_-

karlabaines
08-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Yea it does give a good boss guide. :love:

Aidan
08-07-2005, 02:54 PM
omg. you are a horrible gamer! your supposed to use guides AFTER you beat the game without one, and use it on the second time through. how horrible. i quit doing that a long time ago. using guides is cheap as hell. i only look up little hints after i beat the game on my own.

karlabaines
08-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Those two monsters in your picture will go well in a final fantasy game. What should we call them? :D

Aidan
08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
lol, im not sure. "death box"? who knows.

ps - sorry if i came off rude in my previous post. if you want guides, they can be easily searched on google.

Karl
08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
omg. you are a horrible gamer! your supposed to use guides AFTER you beat the game without one, and use it on the second time through. how horrible. i quit doing that a long time ago. using guides is cheap as hell. i only look up little hints after i beat the game on my own.

uhh... he never said if it was his first play thu or not :sweatdrop

Aidan
08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
he said he was about to cleyra, and wanted to know what to do. im assuming, like any normal and accurate assumption would be, that its his first play through the game, or atleast his first play through past burmecia.

karlabaines
08-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Umm its my second actually. my first was in 2000. Well anyway im at the ountain trail thing eiko.

Aidan
08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
ah, im sorry.

karlabaines
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Eiko is a bit c**p aint she, she knows cura but not cure :confused: phoneix and fenrer seem ok.

Shadowdeathrose
08-08-2005, 06:50 PM
no efence to you lot but why? do you actually need a guide to defeat the games? just do it ya selves?

for your fist go through anyway

Aidan
08-09-2005, 12:16 AM
thats what im saying. i quit that when ruining the b est game ever by usiong a guide the first time through. i now regret it with a passion.

anyways, eiko f'ing rocks

Guitar Woman
08-09-2005, 12:19 AM
This is the FF9 guide I use:
http://www.quad9dyne.com/waat/ffix_fordummies.htm

G SpOtZ
08-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah i don't think a guide for ffix is very necessary... if you buy the official guide it doesn't even help you unless you actually go on playonline, which i didn't, and i thought the game was easy enough...

SoftReset
08-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Guides are always good for completion games, or if you missed something the first time around, or if you're looking for obscure info.

What you said about the official guide forcing you to visit Playonline for all the details, that's how I found GameFAQs, because the ----ing official guide was missing a Stellazio location and I had no intentions of signing up with Playonline.

Guides made by lovers of the game are so much better than guides made by people who are paid to write guides to coincide with the game's release. It's also great because most guide writers continue to update their guides when new discoveries are made about the game.

Challenge game guides are nice too. I'll bet the writers at Bradygames would have ---- themselves laughing at the idea of FFIX being beaten with a Lv.1 party.

Then you have the madmen, who will tear a game apart to get the answers to every question imaginable, like the guy I mentioned early, rebirth flame 2002. Four guides posted, not even one of them is a walkthrough, they're all obscure info that comes in handy all the time.

Shadowdeathrose
08-09-2005, 11:21 AM
yeh out of all the ff games what do you think is the easiest (despite the fact there all easy)

i think (wait a sec i no) that ff x is the easiest (cuase x -2 got hidden stuff that not even the best players no)

FallenSilence
08-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I probably found IX easiest, I only got stuck in the Desert Palace, because I couldn't find my way out. :rolleyes2

Anyway, in my opinion,the official guides are the best for this type of stuff.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, official guides make me feel nostalgic, and they were wonderful before the internet was popular, but...once you go to gamefaqs, you never go back. The only drawback is you are mostly stuck with text.

Sunny Rabbiera
08-13-2005, 06:56 AM
well in this case the official guide SUCKS!
well the US version...

enhanced by playonline.... YEH RIGHT!