PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Trading

Lindy
08-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Since this is the internet and the legality of everything is debatable, this is a thread for people to trade MP3s and albums. Since there are numerous albums I just can't find anywhere else online, and I'm sure I have a few small things people might want, it would be a good idea to start up trading.

So uh yeah, here's my <a href="http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/playlist.htm">playlist.</a>

Most noticeable are the large quantities of Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie, Feeder, Foo Fighters, Modest Mouse, and Snow Patrol.

The main point is, the transfers are clearly going to take place outside the forums, through the media of MSN, AIM or IRC and so on.

Also, according to Necronopticous, there's a C&D on Square music, so no trading of that.

So yeah, post what you have, and what you want, and reply to anyone elses desires, and maybe if you don't have what people want, you can make offers of other things you think they may like.

General idea is either trade a song for a song, or an album for an album, unless the length is of a great difference, though it's down to people really.

Anyway, yeah!

I want the Semisonic albums Feeling Strangely Fine and All About Chemistry, as well as Brand New's first album. I'm willing to trade anything of mine for anything anyone else might suggest as something I could like, which should be pretty clear from my playlist.

<b>EDIT :</b> Post some form of contact details too, which will make it easier for people to contact you.

MSN : shexay_lindzly@hotmail.com
AIM : TheRRRInRetarded

Necronopticous
08-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't have the albums you're looking for unfortunately, but I am sharing over 7,000 songs on <A href="http://www.slsknet.org">Soulseek</A>, which I find to be the best P2P program ever made, and the best source of finding music. If you're interested, my name there is Necronopticous, though you might want to shoot me a message on AIM first and tell me to get on. My AIM sn is MezzoCarrattere.

XxSephirothxX
08-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Lindy, I have Feeling Strangely Fine, but I really, really want The Great Divide, All About Chemistry, and the Pleasure EP.

And since your playlist won't load for me at the moment, can I ask if you have the Pleasure EP or Great Divide?
EDIT: It loaded, and you don't have them. :(
EDIT2: If anyone has anything by Trip Shakespeare, a band with some of the guys who made up Semisonic, I want some of their stuff too.

Lindy
08-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Anger, haet, grr.

I just wanted Semisonic since I keep hearing them at work, and it's driving me insane not being able to get the music.

Necronopticous
08-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey Lindy, I'm downloading those Semisonic albums right now. I'll give them to you when they're finished. I've never heard Semisonic, I'm looking forward to it.

XxSephirothxX
08-02-2005, 07:30 PM
*Puppy Dog eyes*

Rye
08-02-2005, 07:32 PM
I can't figure out how to make a good playlist (the ones I get look like HTML explosions) from iTunes, so can anyone help me out with that? I don't think I can share the songs I bought off of iTunes, but I have many songs I've ripped from my CDs.

Necronopticous
08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Haha, you too Azar.

I've personally been looking for the Neutral Milk Hotel "Orange Twin Field Works" album to no avail.

Lindy
08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey Lindy, I'm downloading those Semisonic albums right now. I'll give them to you when they're finished. I've never heard Semisonic, I'm looking forward to it.
I love you.

Shoeberto
08-02-2005, 07:52 PM
You're looking for Your Favorite Weapon, right? I have a copy of that. I just need your preferred form of IM.

Lindy
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Lordy yes, is there anything of mine you fancy in return? D=

MSN me on shexay_lindzly@hotmail.com, or AIM is TheRRRInRetarded.

...Actually, I should add my MSN into the front of the thread really XD

Haw, my hotmail is dumb.

Shoeberto
08-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Hmm. Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity" is looking good.

My full list can be found here. (http://www.expectnomore.net/radio/list.html)

AIM - thetvtalkstome

Necronopticous
08-02-2005, 09:02 PM
My full list can be found here.DJ Shadow, nice.

Xander
08-02-2005, 09:08 PM
You have Eels I don't have. And a new Aim name. Nice.

Lindy
08-02-2005, 10:11 PM
My AIM can't send for crap.

Considering relocating transfers to some nice IRC server somewhere or other, DCC is usually more reliable for me.

Bleh, failed sending Clarity to Hsu twice earlier, gotta get it to work.

Necronopticous
08-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Or you could just use Soulseek, which is basically the sexiest file sharing program for music ever conceived.

Lindy
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Except I have no idea how to use it and DCC is simple enough for my primitive mind!

Necronopticous
08-02-2005, 10:29 PM
It's extremely simplistic, try it out when you get a chance. I'll explain it to you once you get on if you'd like.

ZeZipster
08-02-2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.slsknet.org/
My username is Zipster, I have the Brand New album you wanted (but it seems you've probably already got it). Seriously, get soulseek. I find RARE artist's stuff on it all the time, and if an album leaks it'll be there. People share entire albums in folders, you just right click the song you want and click 'Download Containing Folder'. Most of the music on it has a bitrate of above 192 and most of the time people share album art along with the albums. Along with that, it has a Wishlist function, which means you can just add an uber rare band to it and let it search for it when ever you have Soulseek up.

I got 30 Seconds To Mars' album A Beautiful Lie 2 months before it came out. In fact, It's not due for a good 2 weeks still.

Kirobaito
08-05-2005, 12:04 AM
http://www.geocities.com/kirobaito@sbcglobal.net/playlist2.html

There's my playlist. It's doubtful that anybody would want anything on it, but just in case, there it is. xD

Necronopticous
08-05-2005, 12:07 AM
There is no end to how Texan you are.

Calliope
08-05-2005, 11:00 AM
LOOK AT ALL THAT ASH AND CERYS MATTHEWS AND FEEDER YOU HAVE THAT I DON'T! ARRRRRRRRRGH!

Also, I have yet to investigate Maximo Park, The Secret Machines and The Magic Numbers.

WAY TO POST THIS JUST AFTER I LOST MP3 BURNING/DOWNLOADING ACCESS, LINDY.

Lindy
08-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Lemme see what I can do by the way of CDs and mailing and whatnot!

Also, you've just made me want to listen to Cerys Matthews.

Bugger.

GooeyToast
08-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Wow, SoulSeek is very convienent.

Thnkx Necro.

I will add my playlist soon, but I doubt anyone on here would anything to do with it anyways.

~Keep it gooey~

Calliope
08-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Also, how in blazes can you have CM but no Catatonia?

Kirobaito
08-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Wow, SoulSeek is very convienent.

Thnkx Necro.
Agreed. It's a dream come true. I've probably found 15 John Denver songs that LimeWire had no trace of since I downloaded it.

lordblazer
08-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Heres the thing on such a contraversial issue.

RIAA says they have copy rights to the songs.BUt I always thought a copy right was to protect someones work from being claimed by another person and that other person profit from it.

I didn't know copy right laws went from that to what we have now.

"Download a song means you are breaking a copy right law even thought he person giving it to you says its from a certain artist and doesn't profit from it"

Lindy
08-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Also, how in blazes can you have CM but no Catatonia?
I had every album, but then when my hard drive went dun gon died, I lost them all, and the friend whom I had borrowed them from moved elsewhere, so I was left lacking.

I did however, when faced with my demons, clothe and feed them, as well as smile as they took me over.

nik0tine
08-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Does anybody happen to have any albums by Victor Wooten, or the Flecktones?

Also, if you have a copy of J.S. Bach's Saint Matthew Passion, I would LOVE to download that as well. (I only want the entire thing though. Not a few tracks.)

eestlinc
08-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I have the whol St Matthew except my roommate is borrowing the cds and they're somewhat lost in his room, and I haven't ripped a copy to my hard drive.

nik0tine
08-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Well, if you get them back, and you decide to rip them to your hard drive, would you mind sharing it with me?

disapointedchild
08-14-2005, 06:09 AM
So, is Soulseek, better than limewire.

I would make a thread, but I just want a simple answer.

Kirobaito
08-14-2005, 11:27 PM
So, is Soulseek, better than limewire.

I would make a thread, but I just want a simple answer.
I have both, and I think they're both good, but Soulseek has given me more songs than Limewire has.