PDA

View Full Version : If Final Fantasy IX had voice actors, who do you think they would be?

tan
08-03-2005, 12:48 AM
hey I was just thinking a "what if?" question for this game. sorry i'm lazy i really don't feel like looking up voice actors' names.

For Zidane: Edward Elrich (the fullmetal alchemist whatever his name is) would have the perfect voice
For Garnet: Kairi's voice would be okay, but there's a voice better, I just can't remember her name...
For Vivi: Don't really know...
For Qu: Remember that Futurama episode where they go to the Big women's planet of Snoo-Snoo? one of those big ladies' voices would be perfect
For Amarant: That dude from Osmosis Jones, that evil one in the end would be okay...but I'm not really sure

You guys fill out the rest, or get new names. Sorry I didn't get everyone, I'm only on Disc 2 and those are the only names I know so far

Oh yeah, for Regent Cid: that tick from Inuyasha that's always following them around

bustersword
08-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I think the voices kinda ruin it because you dont get to imagin what they sound like

Aidan
08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah. exactly... anyways. we men all know... garnet would sound like angelina jolie. SEX!

Karl
08-07-2005, 10:57 PM
dont know half the people ur talkin bout but i agree voice actors kinda ruin the game cuz like in ff10 and star ocean the voice actors totally sukked

Aidan
08-07-2005, 11:03 PM
angelina jolie = SEX!

Karl
08-07-2005, 11:18 PM
angelina jolie = SEX!

lol, sounds like ur callin her a whore, and i disagree she needs some curves, in tomb raider it looks like she's like 30-24-24 hips r hawt

Aidan
08-07-2005, 11:23 PM
uhmmm. angelina jolie....... = ............ hottest chick ever.

Karl
08-07-2005, 11:28 PM
i think u would go on forever about that if i kept disagreeing :bigbiggri

Aidan
08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
yeah

Craig
08-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Oh I'm sorry, am I at the wrong board? I must have gone to Eyes on Angelina Jolie, and not Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Hinky the Pickle
08-08-2005, 02:42 AM
I've always had my idea of what the characters would sound like, but I can only indentify one to an already existing voice.

Regent Cid = The mayor from Powerpuff Girls. I swear to god, it would be perfect. They look kinda similar too.

Aidan
08-08-2005, 02:46 AM
when i read the dialogue, i even imagine the <gwok> as a sound. as for amarant... i always imagine him sounding about the same as zidane. vivi, i cant even pretend a voice for, and garnet, well... sounds like a middle school girl. no idea why.

Mr.Cal
08-12-2005, 04:50 PM
If they used voice actors, they'd be the most generic, mainstream voices. That would mean 100% blandness. Just like X and X-2.

I actually sold those games because they were too cinematic and focused on storyline rather than actual gameplay.

Anyway, I don't want some curveless Lara acting out Garnet's part! That's just wrong.
Oh and I'm with *Karl with a K* on this cos a REAL woman's shape would look totally different from Angelina Jolie's wirey frame

:bigbiggri

Karl
08-12-2005, 09:26 PM
man, Mr. Cal has the same ideas as me in like all these threads :bigbiggri
anyway about the voice acting in ff10 and 10-2 i agree, it might not have been soooooo bad if their mouths accually moved when they spoke instead of having like a 1 second dealy, that totally ruins that game for me, i bought it again a few days ago and i just cant stand playing it, i ended up startin another game on 9 :D

Mr.Cal
08-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I have a chronic agreement disorder… :(

Mitch
08-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Zidane: David Hasselhoff
Kuja: David Hasselhoff
Garnet: David Hasselhoff
Vivi: David Hasselhoff
Stiener: David Hasselhoff
Eiko: David Hasselhoff
Amarant: David Hasselhoff
Freya: David Hasselhoff
Quina: David Hasselhoff
Brahne: David Hasselhoff
Beatrix: David Hasselhoff
Garland: David Hasselhoff
Baku: Jennifer Anniston

<-Wakka->
08-16-2005, 03:26 PM
well i havent thought about all the voice actors and who would be who but i have a few ideas like:

Amarant: Cam Clarke (Kratos Aurion and various others)
Garnet: Yuna's voice (soz i dont know any of the voice actors' real names)
Kuja: Logos FFX
Zidane: Robin from Teen Titans/Lloyd Irving

thas bout it, mostly based around the two best games of all time FFX and Tales of Symphonia.

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Stop being a retard Aiden, Angelina Jolie would completely suck as a TEENAGE GIRL. Jolie has such a mature voice, it would stand out far too much.

Here's the listing as it stands,

Zidane - Tom Cruise (as cliche' as it sounds, it works)
Vivi - Michael J. Fox
Dagger/Garnet - Anna Paquin
Steiner - John Ashton
Freya - Jada Pinkett Smith
Eiko - Daveigh Chase
Amarent - David Hayter

TELL ME I'M WRONG?

Kittay
08-17-2005, 07:30 AM
EDIT: I agree with the person above me. I mistakened Michael J. Fox for someone else at first and was going to comment on how Vivi needs a more childlike voice.

Raven Nox
08-17-2005, 07:47 AM
dont know half the people ur talkin bout but i agree voice actors kinda ruin the game cuz like in ff10 and star ocean the voice actors totally sukked

Not ALL the voices sucked. Albel's voice was sexy, but that was because he was played by Crispin Freeman, and he's awesome. XD Actually, I think he would be good for Amarant, he's good at character's like him.

Eiko would be... Hilary Haag (I THINK that's her name) because she can actually pull off a little girl voice and sound good, unlike Sherry Lynn,who, strangely, played in both FF10 and Star Ocean, she was that nun girl in 10, and Peppita in SO. XD

Zidane and Garnet I can't really place because they have so many people that could play them... very few would play them very well though, most just average. XD0

Actually... I'd have to ponder on everyone else... but, Crispin Freeman and Hilary Haag would be good for Amarant and Eiko. XD At least, better then anyone else they could get.

Mercen-X
08-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Zidane: Vic Mignogna (min-yon-ya, Edward Elric)
Garnet: (Kayko from InuYasha)
Vivi: (Alphonse Elric)
Steiner: Beau Billingsley
Quina: (some russian lady) "I do what I want, you have problem?"
Freya: (Genkai from Yu-Yu Hakusho)
Eiko: (Shippo from InuYasha)
Amarant: whoever ends up playing Rude in Advent Children

Baku: Rip Torn
Blanc: Eric Vale
Marcus: Christopher Sabat (vegeta-mode)
Cinna: (Krillin from DB series)
The Nero Brothers: Robert Dinero :lol:

DJZen
08-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Zidane: Sean Astin
Garnet: Christina Ricci
Steiner: Frank "Jesus Christ" Welker
Vivi: Thomas Sangster
Eiko: Emily Browning
Amarant: Christian Bale
Freya: Angelina Jolie
Quina: probably just have to default to Frank Welker on this one...

Baku: Ed Asner
Marcus: Ron Perlman
Blank: Seth Green
Cinna: John DiMaggio
Ruby: Leonore Zahn

Cid: Billy West
Artania: Ron Perlman

Beatrix: Famke Janssen
Brahne: Susan Blakeslee
Zorn/Thorn: Peter Oldring

Kuja: Eric Stuart
Garland: David Warner
Necron: You could use pretty much anyone if you just filter it enough
Mikoto: Hellena Bonham-Carter

No. 288: Chris Wiggins
Quale: Frank Oz
Fratley: David Borreanas
Lani: Lucy Lawless
Puck: Pat Musick

There's probably more, but meh, I'm tired...
Fratley:

daggertrepe
04-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Zidane- Toby McGuire
Garnet- Reese Witherspoon
Vivi- A little boy of some sort
Steiner- Robin Williams
Freya- Petrea Burchard (Ryoko)
Eiko- Dakota Fanning
Amarant- Jack Nicolson
Quina: Robin Williams
Beatrix- Naomi Watts or Arnold S. (lol j/k) me and my sis can imagine beatrix having his voice!
Mikoto- Emily Browning (in a very deep voice)
Kuja- Ewan McGregor

Rantz
04-29-2006, 10:10 PM
David Hasselhoff
My thoughts exactly.

Fantasy Fan
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM
ermm,

Garnet: Emiko Shiratori