PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean (SNES)

crashNUMBERS
08-03-2005, 01:31 AM
KK. So I tried to play this game but I don't get the gameplay. is it just attack and choose enemy?? Im confused. I can tell this game is made from the creators of ToS seeing how the menu's are very similar. So is the gameplay the same?? 'Cause I am totally confused. Help...

Black Mage
08-03-2005, 01:35 AM
KK. So I tried to play this game but I don't get the gameplay. is it just attack and choose enemy?? Im confused. I can tell this game is made from the creators of ToS seeing how the menu's are very similar. So is the gameplay the same?? 'Cause I am totally confused. Help...

It's not made by the creators of Tales of Symphonia. It's made by Tri-Ace. Tales of Symphonia is made by Wolf Team. Though similar, the two teams are not the same.

The battle system of the game is not traditional. The controls change depending on how you set it. I know there's Auto and Semi-Auto, but I can't recall if there is a Manual. I can't remember the controls well enough to recite them here, but I'm fairly certain in the Config options in the menu, you can look at all of the different buttons.

crashNUMBERS
08-03-2005, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the creation help though...

Ohhh
08-03-2005, 03:40 PM
play it on ps2, its way betta ;)

crashNUMBERS
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Heard that one sucked. And gamespot gave it a 7.9 while they gave the one on PS1 an 8.3...

Ohhh
08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
well there wrong! it may have had a COMPLETE let down of an ending :mad:
but its still very fun to play

crashNUMBERS
08-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Well I still need help for my star ocean ROM...

Aphelion
08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Okay, I'll try to be as clear as I can (if I'm able to remember anything about the game...).

For starters: the battle system isn't hard at all. You press A to attack, another button I can't remember to access your inventory, and L and R to do the special attacks (they can be set at the main menu). If you want to attack, press A; the game will kind of lock-on in the nearest enemy, or you can switch the enemy you want to attack with the directional buttons. Then, press either A (for a normal attack), L or R (for the special ones). That's pretty much it. If you're wondering if you can freely move your character during the battle, the answer is no.

Anything else, crash?

crono_logical
08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty sure you can move around freely in Tales and Star Ocean games. I think the SNES one was slightly more awkward in that you had to press B to get a cursor up and place that where you wanted the character to run, but I never played that particular Star Ocean game far enough to see if you can get a full Manual mode available.