PDA

View Full Version : GF compatibility

ultima88
08-03-2005, 02:51 AM
GF compatibility, whats the differance ? duz it couse more damage if its more compatable ? or duz it Lvl up quicker, or is it sumthin else ?

oh and did u know u can u se scan on ur own party in the middle of a battle :p ( i just found that out, am i the only 1 who didnt know that or....)

Slothy
08-03-2005, 02:55 AM
As I recall, higher compatability makes your GF's summon faster. And I knew about being able to use scan on your party members, but I'm sure you're not the only one who didn't. It's not exactly a spell most people would bother using on their own characters.

ultima88
08-03-2005, 03:02 AM
As I recall, higher compatability makes your GF's summon faster. And I knew about being able to use scan on your party members, but I'm sure you're not the only one who didn't. It's not exactly a spell most people would bother using on their own characters.

i just wondered what would happen, pluss i just like to watch the spin :D i also found out that if u hold 1 of the shoulder buttons u can zoom in and out :P

* White Aeris *
08-03-2005, 09:29 AM

i just wondered what would happen, pluss i just like to watch the spin :D i also found out that if u hold 1 of the shoulder buttons u can zoom in and out :P
i like making them spin too! on a forum ages ago some guy was complaining that you couldn't look up Selphie's dress! :rolleyes2

ultima88
08-03-2005, 12:06 PM

lololololol :D :D i surprised i didnt think of that ? :D i only had men in my team at the time, nd i dont particularly wanna see there underwear

thw waxing moon
08-05-2005, 02:02 PM
i find that using spells of the same elemnt as the GF makes comapatabity go up

e.g thunder for Quezacotl
holy for Alexander

crazybayman
08-05-2005, 02:17 PM
GF compatibility, whats the differance ? duz it couse more damage if its more compatable ? or duz it Lvl up quicker, or is it sumthin else ?

oh and did u know u can u se scan on ur own party in the middle of a battle :p ( i just found that out, am i the only 1 who didnt know that or....)
Type in ENGLISH d@mmit!! :p

And yes, more compatibility means a faster summon.

BG-57
08-05-2005, 02:27 PM
There are also compatibility items like North Wind, which every time you use one on a character increases that character's compatibility with Shiva. Most of the GF's have corresponding compatibility items.

The ultimate compatibility item is LuvLuvG, which increases a character's compatibility with all GF's by 20. You can get a 100 of them by refining the Chubby Chocobo card.

sparkie
08-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Aren't there tutorials in the game that explain this stuff?

Basically, each time you summon a GF the compatibility between them and the character it's junctioned to increases by 20 (except Eden, it only raises by 2). The max is 1000 and it lets you summon faster the higher your compatibility is. Using compatibility items decreases your compatibility with other GFs though, so be careful.

ultima88
08-05-2005, 10:30 PM

hahaha.......funny, i am english, i think i might know how 2 speak the language :mad:

rubah
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM

hahaha.......funny, i am english, i think i might know how 2 speak the language :mad:

Apparently you don't.

ultima88
08-06-2005, 12:24 AM
yeh we invented it, i think i know how to speak it, iv bin doing it 4 the past 16 years

Mirage
08-06-2005, 12:35 AM

i like making them spin too! on a forum ages ago some guy was complaining that you couldn't look up Selphie's dress! :rolleyes2
Yeah, that pissed me off too. You can in FFX-2 though, and that game has a lot more exciting outfits.

ultima88
08-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, that pissed me off too. You can in FFX-2 though, and that game has a lot more exciting outfits.

what u can look up their skirts ? :eek: quick wheres X-2 ?!?!?!

Skyblade
08-06-2005, 02:30 AM
A question on compatibility. If I use Luv Luv G's to max compatability for every GF, and I go into a battle and summon Shiva, will my compatability with the other GFs drop?

BG-57
08-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I believe compatibility with other junctioned GFs on that character will drop.

Laugh at face of Danger
08-06-2005, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't bother using scan full stop anyway ¬_¬, but i did it the other day anyway ^_^;; madness...

and it makes 'em summon faster, only goes up to 1000, if you train up at the start to just lv15, both quisty and squall with get to 1000 compatability with their GF's its a crazy world!!

-oh, and if you never summon a GF, the compatability drops to zero...and i think opposing elements will make the compatability drop too, like Ifrit and Shiva, Leviathan and Quezacotl...catch my drift?

crazybayman
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
yeh we invented it, i think i know how to speak it, iv bin doing it 4 the past 16 years
You certainly don't type in english.

Typing things like "Sumthin" instead of "Something", or duz instead of "does" is NOT cool, and in fact is stupid, and makes you look incompetent and illiterate.

No offence meant, this is just one of my pet peeves. :p

Thorn
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I love spinning around bosses.

When you spin Edea, the bottom of her dress is just a flat black square. Boo!

* White Aeris *
08-08-2005, 03:00 PM
yeah and i like pressing R2 and the direction buttons to make them slide off and on the screen! it is not really that fuuny but it amused me this morning when my sister couldn't figure out where the Bite Bug had gone!

ThePheonix
08-09-2005, 02:33 AM
If you use LuvLuvGs to boost compatability with all GFs to 1000 you will not notice any immediate drop in compatability with say Ifrit if you summon Shiva, and I don't think there will be any long-term drop either, that is unless you do something else to decrease compatability (like not summon them at all).

G SpOtZ
08-09-2005, 04:36 AM
To Ultima and Crazy:

shut up. lol. it shouldn't matter how one types. i don't capitalize my letters, so what? you don't have to pick out every mistake that someone makes, especially if they're doing it on purpose. it's not like it's a rule to have perfect spelling and stuff, or perfect grammar. just let it go guys, it's not a big deal at all.

now back to the topic:
i just started learning (from this thread) about the compatibility with the other gfs dropping lol. but oh well, it probably doesn't matter becuase it means you dont need to use that gf anyway. it also seems some characters already start out very well with some gfs, and i guess the compatibility grows quicker with that same character too, but i'm not completely sure. i just remember always giving shiva to Squall and Quezacotl to Zell and their compatibility went to 1000 pretty quicklyl.

ultima88
08-09-2005, 11:43 AM
To Ultima and Crazy:

shut up. lol. it shouldn't matter how one types. i don't capitalize my letters, so what? you don't have to pick out every mistake that someone makes, especially if they're doing it on purpose. it's not like it's a rule to have perfect spelling and stuff, or perfect grammar. just let it go guys, it's not a big deal at all.

now back to the topic:
i just started learning (from this thread) about the compatibility with the other gfs dropping lol. but oh well, it probably doesn't matter becuase it means you dont need to use that gf anyway. it also seems some characters already start out very well with some gfs, and i guess the compatibility grows quicker with that same character too, but i'm not completely sure. i just remember always giving shiva to Squall and Quezacotl to Zell and their compatibility went to 1000 pretty quicklyl.

thats what i was saying, and let tha be the end of it K? but with regards to what u were saying about copatibility yeh i gave quezacolt to zell and shiva to Squall.

oh and by the way, rude looks quite good with an afro

crazybayman
08-09-2005, 01:24 PM
To Ultima and Crazy:

Shut up? You should watch what you say.

Ok DAD. :rolleyes2

BTW, I wasn't talking to you, kid, so there's no need to jump in and try to mediate. No one is picking out every frickin' mistake, I'm just sounding my opinion on how it looks stupid to mis-spell words on purpose.

Now I suggest you quit trying to play forum-cop. :p

Oh and by the way I am definitely NOT stupid, incompetent or illiterate, and i hope this has proved it, so i would like no more posted about my English thank you very much, but on a lighter note, an acctual thank you to the people who posted a replies to my question :D
Alright! Yay! Isn't it much better not mis-spelling words on purpose!?!

OMG!!! LOL!! yay!! clap your hands for joy!! clap them! go on!!!

Wee!

ultima88
08-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Alright! Yay! Isn't it much better not mis-spelling words on purpose!?!

OMG!!! LOL!! yay!! clap your hands for joy!! clap them! go on!!!

Wee!

dont patronize me u syphilitic donkey lover, y dontu just go away ? or bother sum1 else ? or better yet just go die ? and ne way G spotz was just "sounding his opinion "

oh and btw what is a luvluv G ?

crazybayman
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
dont patronize me u syphilitic donkey lover, y dontu just go away ? or bother sum1 else ? or better yet just go die ? and ne way G spotz was just "sounding his opinion "

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's just so funny, I can't even mount a comeback.......:lol: :lol: :lol:
Completely my point in the first response.

donkey lover :lol: :lol:

y dontu just go away ? or bother sum1 else ? :lol: :lol:

or better yet just go die ? and ne way G spotz was just "sounding his opinion"?

You're 16? are you sure you're not 8? hahaha

BG-57
08-10-2005, 04:48 PM

The ultimate compatibility item is LuvLuvG, which increases a character's compatibility with all GF's by 20. You can get a 100 of them by refining the Chubby Chocobo card.

crazybayman
08-10-2005, 04:55 PM

word.

ultima88
08-10-2005, 11:11 PM

sorry i didnt notice that :D *smacks forehead*

is there ne other way 2 get them ?

Master Quan
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
In addition to what has already been said....

Compatability can be affected negatively by using items or spells contrary to a particular GFs element.

It should also be mentioned that GFs bear intolerances to one another and this can adversely affect compatability.

So e.g. Shiva shouldn't be teamed with Ifrit and so on....

BG-57
08-11-2005, 03:23 AM
sorry i didnt notice that :D *smacks forehead*

is there ne other way 2 get them ?

No biggie. :)

You can get one in the upright Lunatic Pandora if, as Laguna, you drop one of the keys at an intersection in the horizontal Lunatic Pandora.

You may be able to get some with Angelo Search, but I've never tried it myself.

Ageless_Bum
08-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Not to jump on any band wagon here, but If wish to critisize someones posting technique (or more speacifically what you perceive as the lack there of) go to a general chat to do it. Certainly dont do it in their own thread. You're going to get far more interesting response both pro and con in a thread speacifically about it. When you start soemthing like this in someone elses thread and say it speacifically against them, you only alienate yourself.

BTW, I wasn't talking to you, kid, so there's no need to jump in and try to mediate. No one is picking out every frickin' mistake, I'm just sounding my opinion on how it looks stupid to mis-spell words on purpose.

As for the quote i posted: I was going to make a criticism of this little tidbit that was written, but anyone who would get it, probably already gets it without me restating it

ultima88
08-12-2005, 02:54 AM
Not to jump on any band wagon here, but If wish to critisize someones posting technique (or more speacifically what you perceive as the lack there of) go to a general chat to do it. Certainly dont do it in their own thread. You're going to get far more interesting response both pro and con in a thread speacifically about it. When you start soemthing like this in someone elses thread and say it speacifically against them, you only alienate yourself.

hahahah DAMN RITE

As for the quote i posted: I was going to make a criticism of this little tidbit that was written, but anyone who would get it, probably already gets it without me restating it

as for this bit i dont really understand :confused:

Ageless_Bum
08-12-2005, 03:08 AM
as for this bit i dont really understand :confused:

I dont suppose that many do. So dont feel bad

ultima88
08-12-2005, 03:10 AM
lol ooooooooooooookkkkkkkk

sparkie
08-12-2005, 05:35 AM
u guyz r so funnay. :p

ultima88
08-12-2005, 01:18 PM
a y thank u :D

crazybayman
08-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Apparently this little fuss had stopped, and we've all moved on. Until you came along and thought you had to add your incredible level of insight for the benefit of the forums, and individual quoted above, therefore stirring this cr@p up again. Or maybe you just want to be a forum moderator.

You must be feel so awesome. Oh, and you must be REALLY smart to be one of the only ones who recognizes where you COULD have criticized my little tidbit.

Yay for you, big man.

karatehero
08-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Crazybayman, I'm with you!

I hate reading posts like "Suz, I w/y grlz n OK? Wt ne on the sff ovr thre.....^\[~^ LMFAORTUDIDKCNDUBRUIEIDKDJIRUDKLD?"

It makes no sense, and takes MORE time to type and think out than it does just to do it the right way. I really wanted to help on this topic, but I seriously couldn't read what the h@ll anyone was writing.

Its annoying.

Ageless Bum? I agree. This should be in a different forum, but isn't it fun anyway?

crazybayman
08-12-2005, 02:06 PM

I hate reading posts like "Suz, I w/y grlz n OK? Wt ne on the sff ovr thre.....^\[~^ LMFAORTUDIDKCNDUBRUIEIDKDJIRUDKLD?"

It makes no sense, and takes MORE time to type and think out than it does just to do it the right way. I really wanted to help on this topic, but I seriously couldn't read what the h@ll anyone was writing.

Its annoying.

Ageless Bum? I agree. This should be in a different forum, but isn't it fun anyway?
Hehe, yep.....its just annoying because it's so friggin' hard to read! And it looks so stupid, its an easy target for ridicule.

Every now and then I get so annoyed/amused at it, I sometimes just lash out at the person who typed it, because it probably would have even been easier for them to type it properly in the first place.

So no offence Ultima88, I didn't mean to upset you. Typing that way is just really easy to make fun of :p

u guyz r so funnay. :p
AAArrrggggghhhhh!!! Not you too!!?!??! :p

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
08-12-2005, 05:22 PM

It should also be mentioned that GFs bear intolerances to one another and this can adversely affect compatability.

Leviathan/Quezacotl
Brothers/Pandemona
Alexander/Doomtrain

How about the non-elemental GFs? I need corrections on these:

Siren/Carbuncle
Tonberry/Cactuar
Diablos/Cerberus
Bahamut/Eden

Ageless_Bum
08-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Im sorry if you personally took offense to my post but kudos in trying to turn it around and make someone else look bad. I will let you decide on how well it worked (Dont worry i fully expect your rebuttal to that statement so just tear into me for it). Honestly I couldnt care less of your opinion of me, but my statement was one made in general. You have a right to your opinion just as she has a right to hers. She also has the right to express it how she sees fit ( so long as legal boundaries are not crossed i suppose). You however do not have the right to public attack her style. Thats just an ignorant choice in my opinion. Now im sure you're saying that you are not speacifically attacking her , but the style in general. My original point is, however, is that something like that is done in the general chat area. To do it in a speacific thread is to attack the person in that thread that did it. Enough said on that I wont bring it up again.

As for the quote, Once again i couldnt care less what you think of it. To me you're some random person somewhere in the world, just like I am to you. I'll explain, though, what made me laugh about it. For someone referring to someone else as "kid",
I havent heard a response that juvenille sense I was in 2nd grade. But like I said, my opinion probably doesnt matter to you either so I guess thats where it all stands. Ill leave it at that and say good day.

Mirage
08-12-2005, 09:06 PM
You know, if you don't get back on topic, this thread will get closed pretty fast.

Anyway, I've only found one Luvluv G in the game, and that's in the Lunatic Pandora. But I remember getting one from that Chocobo World minigame. Yes, I first played FF8 on a PC.

ultima88
08-12-2005, 11:46 PM

Its annoying.

GOD here we go again..... i mean really! there MUST be somthing wrong with you if you can't work out that duz=does, u=you and ur=yours god DUZ it matter that much ? and how DUZ it take more time 2 type ? admitedly there isnt a great deal of differance, but what takes longer, pressing 1 key or 3 ? EVRY1 else CUD work it out, and so CUD U but U THAWT UD just post to B annoying :mad:

iv got 2 say tho the thing that pissed me off was when U questioned my english, when i am actually english where the hell R U from ?

Skyblade
08-13-2005, 07:59 AM

Its annoying.

GOD here we go again..... i mean really! there MUST be somthing wrong with you if you can't work out that duz=does, u=you and ur=yours god DUZ it matter that much ? and how DUZ it take more time 2 type ? admitedly there isnt a great deal of differance, but what takes longer, pressing 1 key or 3 ? EVRY1 else CUD work it out, and so CUD U but U THAWT UD just post to B annoying :mad:

iv got 2 say tho the thing that pissed me off was when U questioned my english, when i am actually english where the hell R U from ?

Sure, it's easier and it takes less effort. But if you're too lazy to stick in two extra letters I figure you're probably too lazy to think about what you're typing, and that your posts would be better off ignored...

ultima88
08-13-2005, 02:04 PM
this all started over was made at practically 3:00am, and it was just a quick qestion that was bugging me, I didnt think it was necessary for 100% English and grammer, I also did not think someone would be criticising my writing.

well like i sed b4 ^^

sparkie
08-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I would agree that reading "chat speak" is really annoying and is more difficult to read because it doesn't let the eye just flow over the words naturally. There's no need to attack anybody, but it does make me have less respect for the person if they do it constantly and don't try to correct themselves. Just because you learned to type like that when you were 10 and trying to sound cool doesn't mean you still should...

Anyway, I'm not targetting anyone specific, just adding my 2 cents.

raskerino
08-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Everyone has to get so defensive... and get the last word. This is definitely going to get closed especially as the question has been answered and it's now just an argument between peoples egos.

sparkie
08-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Who said it was about egos? I just find it annoying... and anyway, threads get off-topic constantly. So what?

Christmas
08-13-2005, 06:38 PM
I would agree that reading "chat speak" is really annoying and is more difficult to read because it doesn't let the eye just flow over the words naturally. There's no need to attack anybody, but it does make me have less respect for the person if they do it constantly and don't try to correct themselves. Just because you learned to type like that when you were 10 and trying to sound cool doesn't mean you still should...

Some people use bad grammar, "chat speak", bad spelling..etc. But to me that is, as long as I can understand the person, it is fine. They might not have english as the primary language or being exposed to a world of broken english since the day they started learning english and think that it is better than standard english.

Well, back to the topic, sometime it might be a good thing to summon your GF slower as they can be a meat shield for you.

G SpOtZ
08-13-2005, 11:10 PM

Some people use bad grammar, "chat speak", bad spelling..etc. But to me that is, as long as I can understand the person, it is fine. They might not have english as the primary language or being exposed to a world of broken english since the day they started learning english and think that it is better than standard english.

Well, back to the topic, sometime it might be a good thing to summon your GF slower as they can be a meat shield for you.
word.

ultima88
08-13-2005, 11:39 PM

i kinda wish someone would close it, my question was answered pretty much within the first post, and i know im just repeating myself but the reson it pissed me of was coz i am acttualy english, i could understand if i was typing in "L337" or whatever but it was blatantly obvious what i was saying.

oh and i never thawt of the whole "meat shield" thing, god idea

G SpOtZ
08-13-2005, 11:43 PM

i kinda wish someone would close it, my question was answered pretty much within the first post, and i know im just repeating myself but the reson it pissed me of was coz i am acttualy english, i could understand if i was typing in "L337" or whatever but it was blatantly obvious what i was saying.

oh and i never thawt of the whole "meat shield" thing, god idea
word.

Mirage
08-14-2005, 02:59 AM
"Chat-speak" is bearable in chat. On a forum, you have all the time in the world to check your posts.
English isn't my primary language either, and it annoys me when people hide behind that.

G SpOtZ
08-14-2005, 03:29 AM
"Chat-speak" is bearable in chat. On a forum, you have all the time in the world to check your posts.
English isn't my primary language either, and it annoys me when people hide behind that.
not word. =\

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Im sorry if you personally took offense to my post but kudos in trying to turn it around and make someone else look bad. I will let you decide on how well it worked (Dont worry i fully expect your rebuttal to that statement so just tear into me for it). Honestly I couldnt care less of your opinion of me, but my statement was one made in general. You have a right to your opinion just as she has a right to hers. She also has the right to express it how she sees fit ( so long as legal boundaries are not crossed i suppose). You however do not have the right to public attack her style. Thats just an ignorant choice in my opinion. Now im sure you're saying that you are not speacifically attacking her , but the style in general. My original point is, however, is that something like that is done in the general chat area. To do it in a speacific thread is to attack the person in that thread that did it. Enough said on that I wont bring it up again.

As for the quote, Once again i couldnt care less what you think of it. To me you're some random person somewhere in the world, just like I am to you. I'll explain, though, what made me laugh about it. For someone referring to someone else as "kid",
I havent heard a response that juvenille sense I was in 2nd grade. But like I said, my opinion probably doesnt matter to you either so I guess thats where it all stands. Ill leave it at that and say good day.
Oh no! Debate and reasoning in the semi-educated/pseudo-nerd style!! :p

Mind you, many consider it juvenille to butt in an argument in which you weren't involved in the first place. I have, afterall, left Ultima88 and his/her unbelievable chat-room typing skills alone, and free of further comment.

And you're right, KID (ageless bum) :p . You're opinion doesn't matter to me. :)

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
these threads make me smile.

so back to compatibility...
im' pretty sure there are some gfs that are better with certain characters. does anybody know if eden is more compatible with a character than any other?

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Mind you, many consider it juvenille to butt in an argument in which you weren't involved in the first place.

Not really. This is a public forum. People post in arguments that they weren't there to see the beginning of all the time. It's not "juvenile", it's just the way the forum works. Posting an opinion here is inviting everyone on the forums to comment on it. That's why we can all make fun of Future Esthar, even though half of the people making fun of him now weren't here when we started.

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 06:52 PM

Leviathan/Quezacotl
Brothers/Pandemona
Alexander/Doomtrain

Siren/Carbuncle
Tonberry/Cactuar
Diablos/Cerberus
Bahamut/Eden

Aside from Siren not liking Carbuncle (logically). The others do not mind being peing partnered with anyone.

Think about it, if they DID mind, it would be impossible to get a team of three, in which there wasn't an instance where the GFs would squabble.

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Leviathan/Quezacotl
Brothers/Pandemona
Alexander/Doomtrain

Siren/Carbuncle
Tonberry/Cactuar
Diablos/Cerberus
Bahamut/Eden

Aside from Siren not liking Carbuncle (logically). The others do not mind being peing partnered with anyone.

Think about it, if they DID mind, it would be impossible to get a team of three, in which there wasn't an instance where the GFs would squabble.

Sure there would. Tonberry, Diablos, Bahamut. There's tons more too, if those are the only ones who disagree with each other.

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
You misunderstand me. A team of three CHARACTERS, equipping ALL POSSIBLE GFS.

Surely you wouldn't suggest only having ONE GF per character, do you?

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Mind you, many consider it juvenille to butt in an argument in which you weren't involved in the first place.

Not really. This is a public forum. People post in arguments that they weren't there to see the beginning of all the time. It's not "juvenile", it's just the way the forum works. Posting an opinion here is inviting everyone on the forums to comment on it. That's why we can all make fun of Future Esthar, even though half of the people making fun of him now weren't here when we started.
*sigh*

It hilarious how much $hit one phrase can stir up. I think this all started from:

:rolleyes2

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Quezacoatl-Shiva
Ifrit-Siren
Diablos-Brothers
Leviathan-Carbuncle
Alexander-Cerberus
Pandemona-Bahamut
Cactuar-Tonberry
Doomtrain-Eden

Did I get all of them? The actual pairings don't matter, just that each one is paired with only one. Now watch.

Bold GFs belong to person A. Italicized GFs belong to Person B. Normal ones belong to Person C. Three member party, all GFs, no squabbling.

(Actually, crazybayman, that response came to your last comment. It had nothing to do with your original one [which I agree with]. If you want people to stop making comments about what you say, don't say anything [if only I could teach Future Esthar this lesson...])

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Nope, you didn't get all of them.

...and you put one twice.

...and, that produces squabbling GFs.

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Nope, you didn't get all of them.

...and you put one twice.

...and, that produces squabbling GFs.

There, changed.

And no, it doesn't.

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Uh...yeah, it does.

If you're obeying the rules that Milikenko Rocker -- Tim put forward, then it does.

BAHAMUT AND EDEN. DON'T GET ALONG. IN THE CONTEXT PUT FORWARD.

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 07:29 PM
The actual pairings don't matter, just that each one is paired with only one.

What part of this didn't you understand? Just replace my pairings with the ones that actually hate each other, and divide them up the same way. The fact is if each GF dislikes only one other, it is possible to create a team with no squabbles.

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 07:31 PM
No, I knew what you were saying. I was just trying to get you riled up.

I must say you foiled my efforts quite expertly.

Ageless_Bum
08-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Personally I didnt Pair them up on the premise of which ones werent compatible. My choice for equiping them came on what skills they gave my characters. IE: Trying to get junctions on all stats. By the end of the game my summoning was down to Domtrain, Diablos, Cerebrus, and occasionally Eden (Though the long summon time annoyed me (yes i know you use it to boost them, but it got too repetitive)). That in mind i didnt really care about there compatability with my character with the exception of those 4.

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 07:50 PM
(Actually, crazybayman, that response came to your last comment. It had nothing to do with your original one [which I agree with]. If you want people to stop making comments about what you say, don't say anything [if only I could teach Future Esthar this lesson...])
I didn't say I wanted people to stop making comments about what I say.......what fun would that be! :p Its just funny how one little phrase can cause so much ruckus.

Speaking of FE, and people causing a ruckus, he hasn't posted in a few days now.....not here, anyways.

So if you successfully assign your GFs (by successfully, I mean without assigning opposing GFs to one person), can you do so, and still have all characters junction all the necessary abilities? Without using Amnesia greens and GF Ability Scrolls, of course.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 09:28 PM
i never knew pairing gf's was going to get this complicated. they made this too crazy XD

rubah
08-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Ageless_Bum has the correct idea.

There's only three GFs that come with Vit junctions, so there's no way those three will be assigned to the same people.

(I believe it's shiva, carbuncle and. . .someonexD)

And continue from there.

It's not like anyone really uses GFs anyways.

crazybayman
08-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Ageless_Bum has the correct idea.

There's only three GFs that come with Vit junctions, so there's no way those three will be assigned to the same people.

(I believe it's shiva, carbuncle and. . .someonexD)

And continue from there.

It's not like anyone really uses GFs anyways.
Heh.....true. The junction sequence gets boring after a while. As long as they're there for junctioning magic and abilities, your attacks can be just as powerful or more powerful.

Ageless_Bum
08-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Heh I recently found my Gm junction sheet i made while i was playing the game. My junctions were as follows. 1st person: Alexander, Siren, Pandemonia, Quezacoatl, and Tonberry King; 2nd Person: Eden, Doomtrain, Brothers, Carbuncle, Bahamut, Shiva; 3rd Person: Cerberus, Jumbo Cactaur, Leviathan, Diablos, Ifrit.

Just thought id put that out there for general reference. I do remember that i used Atleast one or two amnesia greens and scrolls to get more junctions, but I cant remember which and with whom.

Remember how i said that I only used 4 summons by the end? Anyone who looked back will notice that the 4 are only on two characters. Why not spread it out more for quicker summoning? The one who doesnt have them was my healer/ buffer. I wanted to not have to have all my people stuck summoning at the begining of each fight.

Anyway as to how this relates to the topic. Though i can see only one confliction, It was a fantastic setup for me and I didnt consider compatability when setting it all up