PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons

Zante
08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Anybody know of a place where you can play D&D online?

Markus. D
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
hmmm, well... neverwinternights: Hoardes of the underdark and Souls of the undertide.

there amazing expansions to an otherwise mediocor game.

youll need hoards of the underdark to level past 20... and youll need souls of the undertide for the prestige classes that HotU doesnt provide.

armageddon server is probably the best place to have PvP battles (its a module that is built like a pvp arena, the lvl caps at 20 and starts at lvl 7 allowing you to have some chance against the slightly higher lvls.)

prestige classes you get with HotU:
1. champion of torm (really powerful warrior)
2. shifter (instead of summoning you transform yourself)
3. pale master (everything to do with bringing for undeadness)
4. weapon master (choose a weapon... master it over the others)
5. dragon diciple (i cant say much cuz i havent tried going through the needed requirements)

i dont have souls of the undertide.

the default classes are:
rouge
fighter
druid
blah
blah
something
i donno, cant list anymore right now.

each class type has about 3 to 7 differant types in it.
anyway, get it?

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I wish I did, but I must say even with an online MUD or something else that can do the calculations, nothing beats a tabletop game that allows for customizable rules and the like. Take me for example, I like to use unorthodox classes (such as Psion, or some class of my own devising like the Soul Sword). A MUD or other online D&D system is very unlikely to support that.

KoShiatar
08-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I know more than one online text-based game that uses D&D rules, but they're all in Italian. If you're interested...

Zante
08-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Too bad I don't speak Italian. :(

Markus. D
08-06-2005, 08:54 AM
if you are gonna get neverwinter... work on your D&D 3rd edition rules.

simple and fast paced. :)

blackchocobo9999
08-06-2005, 10:11 AM
I own baulders gate, for the PC, from the creaters of dungeons and dragons, but that as no online play. I own the board game, thats quite good. Only online one i know about is NeverWinter Nights, because my mate owns it.

Zante
08-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Actualy I meant text based ones, but that Neverwinter nights sounds interesting, I will give it a try.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Neverwinter Nights, as I understand, offers a lot of freedom in the online play versions, so it's definitely something to look into.

The standard storyline itself never interested me, as well as the failure to include some of the D&D supplements I wanted (i.e. Oriental Adventures and Psionics Handbook. I would have LOVED to have played as either a Psion or a Samurai, I'm sure you could justify having a Kara Tur character if you can already play as a Monk which is questionable enough as is).