PDA

View Full Version : A quick question on leaving units

Everwarrior
08-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Is it possible for people to leave your team in this game? I just finished a random encounter fight, and then the screen went yellow with a big red "WARNING" word on the top of the screen. My Oracle said "It seems arrogant to me to save the world on my own..." She's still with me now, but I'm just concerned with it. Ramza's level is at 36 and her level at 40, if that makes any difference.

Flying Mullet
08-03-2005, 01:57 PM
What are her Brave and Faith levels? If their Brave goes below 6 or their Faith goes above 94 they will leave your party.

Despotus
08-04-2005, 01:53 AM
And you start getting warnings at Brave 15, and Faith 85, I believe. There is no need to worry about the warnings though (some of them are actually pretty funny). Like F. Mullet said, you won't lose a team member until Brave is 5, and Faith is 95. Furthermore, Ramza is immune to this Brave/Faith dilemma. ;)

Everwarrior
08-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Ah, yes, that's exactly the problem! Heh, I knew having a Mediator following her around preaching her every chance he gets has got to have _some_ catch to it. :p

Thanks a lot, Flying Mullet and Despotus! :) That was really helpful.

(While we're at it, can someone tell me exactly what Brave and Faith does? I believe Faith has something to do with casting Magic, and Brave has something to do with... Well, something. Thanks, I appreciate it!)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Faith determines how powerful your magic is and how well other spells effect you. Brave affects your phsyical attacking ability, and I believe the frequency in which you use reaction abilities. Also, a low brave makes it easier for you to find rare items with Move-Find Item.

Despotus
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Brave affects...the frequency in which you use reaction abilities...
:joey: Hell yeah, dude, it really rocks with the Samurai's Blade Grasp! Chance to evade enemy physical attacks is equal to Brave score. Ramza with a maxed 100 Brave can't be touched. :strut:

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Ramza with 97 Brave has a 2% chance to get hit too :D

-N-
08-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Brave/Faith deal with percentage success.

darkblade117
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
i've never had someone leave my party before, has anyone here "lost" a party member that way?

Vod
08-06-2005, 03:59 AM
I've never actually lost a party member this way, or even got a warning but what I'm gonna ask is this, do special characters leave too? (Like do you still get warnings from Orlandu or Byblos)

Despotus
08-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh yes. They'll leave too. There is a list of character game quotes on gamefaqs.com where you can read the exact quotes that characters make when they leave. Special characters have unique quotes (I think).

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Yah I had Mustadio Leave once... thats how i figured out not to take Brave/Faith above 97 or Below 4

I reset my game and got him back, then i left his Brave at 97 after that, hehe

Russ80
08-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Yah I had Mustadio Leave once... thats how i figured out not to take Brave/Faith above 97 or Below 4

I reset my game and got him back, then i left his Brave at 97 after that, hehe

what are you talking about? Do you mean faith? b/c only faith is dangerous when it's high, and brave only when it's low.

Dark Messenger
09-07-2005, 08:46 AM
I just got warnings for Rafa. I was going to Deep Dungeon.