PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy European and North America what's the diffrences?

Larahl
08-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey
I was wondering if there any differences bitween the North America version and the European version I only know about FFX that there's Dark Summons in the European and in the North America there isn't

So is there ant other differences in the earlier games in the series?
(FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX)

Thank you for your help :)

DJZen
08-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Europe got a different version of FFX than the US did. Japan got both versions. I believe it went something like this:

Japan: Hey, we just churned out another FF game! (FFX)
US: FF is a cash cow! Let's release it! (FFX)
Japan: FFX sold so well we're adding new stuff to it! (FFX International)
US: People won't go for it, if we try and sell the same thing in a new wrapper we'll lose money and credibility.
Europe: Hey! A new FF game! Let's port it! (FFX International)
US gamers: Awwwwwwwww...

Other than that, there's the PS1 ports of the SNES games.

US:
Final Fantasy Chronicles: FFIV & Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Anthology: FFV & FFVI

Europe:
Final Fantasy Anthology: FFIV & FFV
Final Fantasy VI

Other than that, I can't think of any.

Destai
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Yeah thats the only difference really *points at DJZen* Oh, we didnt get Tactics either.

Mo-Nercy
08-03-2005, 11:44 PM
The difference is that we get the games like 12 years after the rest of the world does.

Destai
08-03-2005, 11:55 PM
We waited ridiculously long for X-2. I think so anyway. It seemed like months. It was released in feb 2004 here.

Mo-Nercy
08-04-2005, 12:31 AM
We waited ridiculously long for X-2. I think so anyway. It seemed like months. It was released in feb 2004 here.
At least when FFX came out ridiculously late, we got the International version. When X-2 came out, we didn't get anything of the sort, and it was delayed even more than X. *sigh*

Braindead_Paul
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
And none of the Nintendo games has made it to Europe (on a Nintendo system at least) while they had 3 out of 6 in America after all.
So all we could do over here at that time was to buy a converter (NTSC->PAL) and pay a lot of money for importing the games...

crazybayman
08-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I STILL DON'T BELIEVE I BOUGHT THAT $HIT!!! ARRGGGG!!!!!! :mad:

Mirage
08-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Keep your filthy opinions out of this thread.

The most annoying difference is that we have to play them with two borders at the top and bottom, because of the higher resolution the PAL format has, and that the framerate is 5 frames lower, making it seem like the characters are walking on the moon. I would love being able to play the games in 60 Hz on my awesome TV.
Konami is much better at porting their games to PAL than S-E. They also do it faster.

crazybayman
08-04-2005, 08:04 PM
WTF??

You must be a chick.

Anyways, many share that same opinion.

SeeDRankLou
08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
The wait was longer for FFX. You guys got FFX like three months after the international version was released in Japan, which is why you guys got the international version. For FFX-2, you guys got it I think a week before the international + last mission version was released in Japan, so you got the regular version because the new one hadn't even been released in Japan. You did still have to a wait a while though.

UWAOOOOU
08-04-2005, 08:29 PM
XI wasnt released till late 2004 but at least we got Chains of Promethia and Rise of the Zilart in one pack.

Mirage
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
WTF??

You must be a chick.

Anyways, many share that same opinion.

This is not a thread about the quality of the game "Final Fantasy X-2", please stop bringing that topic up, make a new topic or something.

Del Murder
08-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Let's stay on topic. Mirage, you drawing attention to it is just as bad as him posting it. Don't do it.

Larahl
08-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Okay so you're saying that except for FFX
there's not much differences between the versions?

fantasyjunkie
08-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Europe got a different version of FFX than the US did. Japan got both versions. I believe it went something like this:

Japan: Hey, we just churned out another FF game! (FFX)
US: FF is a cash cow! Let's release it! (FFX)
Japan: FFX sold so well we're adding new stuff to it! (FFX International)
US: People won't go for it, if we try and sell the same thing in a new wrapper we'll lose money and credibility.
Europe: Hey! A new FF game! Let's port it! (FFX International)
US gamers: Awwwwwwwww...

Other than that, there's the PS1 ports of the SNES games.

US:
Final Fantasy Chronicles: FFIV & Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Anthology: FFV & FFVI

Europe:
Final Fantasy Anthology: FFIV & FFV
Final Fantasy VI

Other than that, I can't think of any.

LOL, that was a funny post, you had me laughing at the comp. Good job! :D