PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Premiership?

tomamar04
08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I think Man United look strong, they look like are going to buy Owen, and they are rebuilding.

silverpigeon97
08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
im going to have to go with man u cus ive supported them for year. Besides look at the new team they can put out.
gk van der sar
df Neville
df o'shea
df Ferdinand
df Neville
md Ronaldo
md Scholes
md Giggs
st Rooney
st Van der nistlerooy
st owen

Cz
08-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm not a Chelsea fan, but I find it hard to see how anyone could stop the team they've got at the moment. Unless they suffer a crisis of confidence like Arsenal did last season, they'll walk away with the silverware again.

Psychotic
08-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Chelsea will. I have high hopes of Liverpool finishing second or third, though. I doubt Arsenal will finish in the top 4, with Viera gone.

On a related note, when is EoFF Fantasy Football coming back? I have to get revenge on Cz! EDIT: Oh, I saw the thread. :laugh:

Cz
08-03-2005, 06:14 PM
I have high hopes of Liverpool finishing second or third, though.You must be joking. :p

I doubt Arsenal will finish in the top 4, with Viera gone.You must be joking. :p

silverpigeon97
08-03-2005, 06:16 PM
its going to happen something like this
1 manu
2 chelea
3 arsenal
....20 liverpool

Psychotic
08-03-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm deadly serious on both counts. :roll:

Cuchulainn
08-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Sadly I can see Chelsea rampaging through on top again but if we manage to land a decent midfielder, get Rio and Ronaldo to re-sign, Man U may be a good challenger.

Don't dismiss Arsenal, ever.

Resha
08-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I doubt Arsenal will finish in the top 4, with Viera gone.You must be joking. :p

:laughing: He is.

Arsenal aren't a ONE-MAN SHOW...And even if we are *giggles guiltily* it'd be on account of Thierry Henry, not Viera. ;____; Oh, silly Viera, whither did you go? But but Wenger is so awesome and shrewd and smart that I'm sure Arsenal have a chance of beating those AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Chelski people and take the title~

*votes Arsenal out of faith, belief in Wenger and sheer bias* :love:

Shoden
08-03-2005, 08:29 PM
why is Newcastle there they arent good enough to win the league

sheez Liverpool stand no chance imo sure they're champs but the thing is over comfidence i think they'll finish 5th again

Psychotic
08-03-2005, 10:09 PM
I didn't say Arsenal were a one-man show. But Viera's bite will be sorely missed. I look at Arsenal's squad and I can see quality, but there just isn't consistency. The likes of Ljungberg and Reyes are great players on their day, but they don't perform at that level all the time.

As for Liverpool, I cannot think of four premiership teams that are better than them. Liverpool's main problem last season was inconsistency up front, but with Peter Crouch joining, and Cisse looking in top form, I think this will be one of our best seasons for a while.

Vaprice
08-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Manchester U, Arsenal, and Chelsea are all very good teams. If one of them doesn't win thats a large upset for the club. If another team does win other then them, thats huge!

I do like Mn U's because of their line up very strong and capable players. All they need to do is communicate!

Resha
08-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I didn't say Arsenal were a one-man show. But Viera's bite will be sorely missed. I look at Arsenal's squad and I can see quality, but there just isn't consistency. The likes of Ljungberg and Reyes are great players on their day, but they don't perform at that level all the time.

No, but saying that they won't finish in the top four because they've lost Viera amounts to pretty much the same thing. And of course we'll miss him badly ;___; But the others must rise to the fore. Arsenal have plenty of young talent, and now's the time for them to strut their stuff. xD

They do lack consistency though >=/ and this bugs me - the only really dependable person would be Henry, and banking on him all the time IS running a one man show. I hope the new transfers do good! I know there's a midfielder from Belarus...*forgets name xD* and someone else *completely forgets* and I guess we'll just have to see what they can do. I wish Arsenal were stronger against MU (they really falter here) and stay in reasonable form for a long time; it's all very well while they're unbeaten :p but once they began losing they messed up a lot.

But! New season, who can say? :D I expect Arsenal to do good! ^_^

Psychotic
08-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh, I meant in the top 3, not top four. I got confused. :p Arsenal are still a good team without him, just not good enough.

Cz
08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I didn't say Arsenal were a one-man show. But Viera's bite will be sorely missed. I look at Arsenal's squad and I can see quality, but there just isn't consistency. The likes of Ljungberg and Reyes are great players on their day, but they don't perform at that level all the time.Fair comment about Reyes, but I can't see how Ljungberg is any less consistent than your average player. Besides, we've lost Vieira to injury or suspension on numerous occasions and haven't really missed him, despite what Alan Hansen might lead you to believe. Gilberto, Fabregas and Flamini are all great replacements, and Wenger has the time and money to invest in another central midfielder if necessary. Vieira's departure might cost us the title, but not a top 3 finish.

Besides, we're not nearly as bad as Man. United. :p

As for Liverpool, I cannot think of four premiership teams that are better than them. Liverpool's main problem last season was inconsistency up front, but with Peter Crouch joining, and Cisse looking in top form, I think this will be one of our best seasons for a while.Baros and Morientes haven't exactly set the world alight at Anfield, and Cisse hasn't yet justified his purchase (largely due to his injury, to be fair). What makes you think Peter Crouch will be any different? On paper each of those signings should have saved you, but in reality they failed pretty dismally. That's the trouble with Liverpool, they look great on paper but they simply can't maintain their good form over the course of a season. Everton, on the other hand, had a bunch of mediocre players but were neat and consistent all season. It was unspectacular, but in the end it got them a Champions' League place. If you do manage to produce some good form next season then you'll go far. But as we all know, asking your team to be at their best every week is pretty optimistic.

Resha
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Oh, I meant in the top 3, not top four. I got confused. :p Arsenal are still a good team without him, just not good enough.

:p Oh, awesome. So we can come in the top 4 but not the top 3 which makes us 4th, it would be. xD We'll see ;) :p

Edit: Oh, Black Mage 121 hero-o'-mine, are you AN ARSENAL FAN? Comme moi???? :love: YAY! ^_^

Psychotic
08-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Fair comment about Reyes, but I can't see how Ljungberg is any less consistent than your average player. Besides, we've lost Vieira to injury or suspension on numerous occasions and haven't really missed him, despite what Alan Hansen might lead you to believe. Gilberto, Fabregas and Flamini are all great replacements, and Wenger has the time and money to invest in another central midfielder if necessary. Vieira's departure might cost us the title, but not a top 3 finish.

Besides, we're not nearly as bad as Man. United. :p Gilberto, Fabregas and Flamini are certainly talented, but I personally do not rate them as high as I do Viera. Fabregas will probably need another season or two (He's younger than I am!) in order to get near Viera's quality, as he is still young, but this is good news fot Arsenal's future.

Maybe ;)

Baros and Morientes haven't exactly set the world alight at Anfield, and Cisse hasn't yet justified his purchase (largely due to his injury, to be fair). What makes you think Peter Crouch will be any different? On paper each of those signings should have saved you, but in reality they failed pretty dismally. That's the trouble with Liverpool, they look great on paper but they simply can't maintain their good form over the course of a season. Everton, on the other hand, had a bunch of mediocre players but were neat and consistent all season. It was unspectacular, but in the end it got them a Champions' League place. If you do manage to produce some good form next season then you'll go far. But as we all know, asking your team to be at their best every week is pretty optimistic.Baros is clearly on his way out of Anfield and Morientes, yeah, I'll give you that one. Cisse has been awesome in pre-season, having already netted three Champion's League goals, and I expect him to perform a lot better next season, hopefully without injury touch wood. Crouch scored more than any Liverpool striker did last season - while playing for a team with less quality supporting players - so him signing for the team can only be a good thing, and also I think his style of play will suit Cisse's.

Shoden
08-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Newcastle look good enough to place in the top 10

Sunderland seem doomed back to championship

Chelsea might win it again Manchester United look as if they might be an edgy team

Cz
08-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Gilberto, Fabregas and Flamini are certainly talented, but I personally do not rate them as high as I do Viera. Fabregas will probably need another season or two (He's younger than I am!) in order to get near Viera's quality, as he is still young, but this is good news fot Arsenal's future.

Maybe ;)True, and that's why I'm hoping Wenger will use his cash to bring in another player for the centre of midfield. But I feel that Fabregas has proven himself enough to be a first team regular, even at his young age (he's sexier than you too, by the way) and that Gilberto has been strong since returning from injury.

Baros is clearly on his way out of Anfield and Morientes, yeah, I'll give you that one. Cisse has been awesome in pre-season, having already netted three Champion's League goals, and I expect him to perform a lot better next season, hopefully without injury touch wood. Crouch scored more than any Liverpool striker did last season - while playing for a team with less quality supporting players - so him signing for the team can only be a good thing, and also I think his style of play will suit Cisse's.Cisse's good performances were all against weak opposition, but to be fair a player of his calibre should do just as well in the Premiership. I still have my doubts about Crouch though. At St. Mary's he was tall enouh to fit into the Southampton gameplan, which is smashing the ball upfield and hoping for the best. If you look at his record at Aston Villa, with a (slightly) more ground-based style, he wasn't nearly as prolific. Liverpool's game is pretty varied, and so Crouch shouldn't be entirely starved of attention, but he won't score as often as he did last season.

Besides, you have a history of ruining strikers' careers in recent seasons. Believe it or not, Emile heskey used to be a promising young talent at Leicester. :p

Edit: Oh, Black Mage 121 hero-o'-mine, are you AN ARSENAL FAN? Comme moi???? :love: YAY! ^_^ I wuv you too, Resha. :<3:

Doc Sark
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Besides, you have a history of ruining strikers' careers in recent seasons. Believe it or not, Emile heskey used to be a promising young talent at Leicester.

This was largely due to the mediocrity of the last regime. Gerard Houllier spent his last few seasons at Anfield on Magic Mushrooms, playing good players like Heskey out of position thus completely destroying their confidence. He had a knack of making good players, bad.

Rafa is different, we've seen this already. Look at Traore (Burnley excluded) and Biscan. Their performances last season were so far improved it was like we had signed two new players! Benitez has the ability to bring out the best in his players, in a similar way the Arsene Wenger does, and ultimately it has been through his guidance that we won the Champions League. It will be interesting to see how we tackle our away performances this season, but if we nail it like we did our home form, there's no reason we can't challenge Man Utd and Arsenal for 2nd place. 1st is a foregone conclusion for me. Never has there been a stronger squad (on paper at least) than Chelsea's. I believe their 2nd XI would be good enough to win the league comfortably.

So I hope everyone's ready for a Premiership monopoly on talent and success because that's what will happen now I think. The days of a decent title challenge, I fear are over.