PDA

View Full Version : How did Cloud survive....

darkcloud_100
08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
How did he survive when Sephiroth stabbed him through the torso in the Mt.Nibel reactor?

Dreddz
08-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Its easy to survive a stab, lots of people live, if it was serveral stab wounds then no he wouldnt of survived

darkcloud_100
08-03-2005, 03:09 PM
yeh but it went through him an then he was lifted up, wouldnt it have torn through his stomach or intestines?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
It was merely a flesh wound.

MAS82587
08-03-2005, 03:14 PM
it was magic....

Ohhh
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
aeris didnt survive it

darkcloud_100
08-03-2005, 03:17 PM
yeh good point princessyuna

Dreddz
08-03-2005, 03:21 PM
aeris didnt survive it
Maybe she faked her death..

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
IT IS A GAME!
Ergo, things can happen that cannot happen in real life.

darkcloud_100
08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
yeh but she would have said something to cloud when he put her in the water or she would drown unless she somehow could hold her breath until they went and why would she fake her own death anyway

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-03-2005, 03:28 PM
yeh but she would have said something to cloud when he put her in the water or she would drown unless she somehow could hold her breath until they went and why would she fake her own death anywayShe faked her death because she did not want Cloud to find out she was actually a man. Sheez, have you not done that sidequest yet?

And don't double post! (LOLZ I just mini-modded)

darkcloud_100
08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Hhahahahha wouldnt that shock us if that was put in the game

boys from the dwarf
08-03-2005, 06:41 PM
also aeris is crap and weak the only reason she can survive the normal attacks is because its a game.sephiroth could tap her with his sword and kill her.

-N-
08-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Tifa got sliced up pretty badly too, and she still lived.

Levian
08-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Just look at the midgar zolom. Sephiroth stabbed him with a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifing tree, and it still pops back up to fry you with beta.

Rengori
08-03-2005, 09:41 PM
aeris didnt survive it
Aeris got stabbed in the heart. Cloud only lost a kidney.

Ohhh
08-03-2005, 09:45 PM
no she didnt, it was though her stomach!!

Rengori
08-03-2005, 10:02 PM
She was leaning over. It could have easily gone through both.

Ohhh
08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
ok fair enough, but it did go in diagonally, through her back and out of her lower stomach, so it most proberbly missed her heart
anyway, she didnt survive while cloud and tifa did

Shoden
08-04-2005, 12:25 AM
it went in clouds upper left shoulder and sephiroth used his powers to lift the blade up with cloud

Strider
08-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Well, if he'd died, Final Fantasy VII wouldn't have been much of a game.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-04-2005, 03:34 AM
No one was watching were they?
Aeris' brain fell out when she got stabbed, Cloud's did not.

Darth Tjador
08-04-2005, 03:41 AM
i think Areis died cause Seph jumped and then stabbed he and with Cloud i don't know.

G SpOtZ
08-04-2005, 05:33 AM
Cloud lived because he had the willpower to live and he knew the attack was coming. he had such a strong hatred towards sephiroth and he's really strong, so he just had to live and couldnt give in, no matter what.

Tifa lived because sephiroth sliced at her oversized ginormous boobs, which padded her and let her live.

and didn't u guys see the cutscene? aeris didn't die from sephiroths blade! she was just lying there, but she wasn't dead. then later, cloud found out she was okay but he was annoyed enough by the fact that aeris was weak and didn't have super mega boobs like tifa, so he kept kicking her while she was down and he stabbed her in the face. but that didn't work either so they went back to sephiroth and asked him to try to kill her again, so they were trying and trying and finally, tifa got tired of this so she suffocated aeris with her ultima-jumblies (boobs.) then they treated her like she was missed and they loved her, but they didn't, so that's why they didn't give her a proper buriel and they just threw her in some lake. DUH! it was allright there!

then after that there was another cutscene where sephiroth and the turks and the gang decided to go out to drink. however, Tifa and Yuffie got caught by the cops for underaged drinking, and sephiroth left without bailing them out or paying for their drinks! and THATS why they went on a quest to kill sephiroth.

Fithos
08-04-2005, 05:45 AM
cloud was infused with jenova. i can only assume this would make him stronger and more likely to live.

Squall of SeeD
08-04-2005, 10:17 AM
cloud was infused with jenova. i can only assume this would make him stronger and more likely to live.

He was stabbed prior to the injections. In any event, it should be obvious why he lived:

He wasn't stabbed in an immediately fatal area and lived long enough for Hojo to keep him from dying. Aerith took an immediately fatal wound.

Ohhh
08-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Cloud lived because he had the willpower to live and he knew the attack was coming. he had such a strong hatred towards sephiroth and he's really strong, so he just had to live and couldnt give in, no matter what.

Tifa lived because sephiroth sliced at her oversized ginormous boobs, which padded her and let her live.

and didn't u guys see the cutscene? aeris didn't die from sephiroths blade! she was just lying there, but she wasn't dead. then later, cloud found out she was okay but he was annoyed enough by the fact that aeris was weak and didn't have super mega boobs like tifa, so he kept kicking her while she was down and he stabbed her in the face. but that didn't work either so they went back to sephiroth and asked him to try to kill her again, so they were trying and trying and finally, tifa got tired of this so she suffocated aeris with her ultima-jumblies (boobs.) then they treated her like she was missed and they loved her, but they didn't, so that's why they didn't give her a proper buriel and they just threw her in some lake. DUH! it was allright there!

then after that there was another cutscene where sephiroth and the turks and the gang decided to go out to drink. however, Tifa and Yuffie got caught by the cops for underaged drinking, and sephiroth left without bailing them out or paying for their drinks! and THATS why they went on a quest to kill sephiroth.

XD
you've really thought about this havent you?

silverpigeon97
08-04-2005, 03:15 PM
ive said this before and ill say it again. Its a fucking game, it doesnt matter.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-04-2005, 04:09 PM
My other theory is that Cloud is made of plasticine.

crazybayman
08-04-2005, 04:48 PM

This should be posted as a "How Aeris really died" official faq thread at the top of this forum.

Desperado
08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
I've got (a) better question(s):

-How did Cloud survive the fall from Sector Five to the Slums?
-How did Dyne survive the fall from the canyon?
-How did the group survive the fall off the bridge on Mt. Nibel?
-How did Tifa and Cloud survive the fall from the bridge years before?
-How did Biggs survive the fall from the support tower (At least for a few minutes)?
-Doesn't Reno jump from the support tower too, before the helicopter picks him up?

There are even more extremely amazing falls that characters survive from in this game. Look for them.

Mercen-X
08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Uh. Wedge fell off the tower, not Biggs. Good questions anyway.

darkcloud_100
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
I think when reno jumped he landed on the helicopter somehow, remember it flying up and a piece of the support tower almost hit it?

Vyk
08-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Uh I remember a thing on the tonight show once. They showed a little documentary about two asian motorcyclists, they were riding the same bike, behind a truck with a flat-bed full of really long pipes. It came to a stop real quick, and they couldn't stop or swerve and got nailed by a pipe, went through both and held them off the ground. They survived just fine. Its all about the circumstances of the stab

silentenigma
08-05-2005, 01:23 AM
I've got (a) better question(s):

-How did Cloud survive the fall from Sector Five to the Slums?
-How did Dyne survive the fall from the canyon?
-How did the group survive the fall off the bridge on Mt. Nibel?
-How did Tifa and Cloud survive the fall from the bridge years before?
-How did Biggs survive the fall from the support tower (At least for a few minutes)?
-Doesn't Reno jump from the support tower too, before the helicopter picks him up?

1. at this time, cloud had mako and jenova in him. also, its only a 50m fall
2. dyne didn't survive.
3. the ledge they landed on probably wasn't very far below the bridge.
4. same thing.
5. people have jumped out of planes, had their parachute fail, crash to the ground, then live for a little while. also, it was only 50m. big difference from a plane.
6. i thought he jumped directly to to helicopter.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2005, 02:04 AM
2. dyne didn't survive.Wrong fall.

MushroomZOMBIE
08-05-2005, 03:17 AM
If Dyne died,how the hell you would fight him near Corel Prison?

Rengori
08-05-2005, 04:05 AM
2. dyne didn't survive.Wrong fall.

chocobo hunter
08-05-2005, 04:17 AM
Mabye there was water and it lessened the inpact of the fall for Dyne

liamo
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
there was also that martial arts teacher of tifa's who came and found them both at the reactor he coulda helped him... not sure seeing as i haven't played it in a while

Lenna
08-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Zack: Cloud... Kill Sephiroth...

Cloud goes after Sephiroth.

Cloud: Sephiroth!!

Sephiroth attempted to stab Cloud but the blade was under Cloud's right arm pit.

Sephiroth: Don't... push... your luck...

Cloud took Sephiroth's sword and threw him.

That's what I found when I looked it up because I couldn't remember him getting stabbed. But he "aparantly" survived because it wasn't a fatal wound. :)

Mercen-X
08-05-2005, 03:24 PM
I saw the blade go through his mid-section.

As for Dyne, I believe silentenigma. Dyne died and was replaced by a Shinra robot who was designed to make Barret believe that he'd done wrong and drive him to commit suicide. Unfortunately, after taking so much damage from Barret in battle, the robot got its programming confused and itself committed suicide.

chocobo hunter
08-05-2005, 03:43 PM
how did he have the necklace of marlene then?

silentenigma
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
oh yea, i forgot the flashback. thank you for trying to save me,
Mercen-X. but 5/6 decent answers are still good, isnt it?

Desperado
08-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Uh. Wedge fell off the tower, not Biggs. Good questions anyway.

F%@$. I always mix those two up. Damn them.

KuRt
08-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Tifa got sliced up pretty badly too, and she still lived.
Aeris sucks so bad that she dies from one backstab.

Aidan
08-07-2005, 11:20 PM
just some little facts. cloud got stabbed in the front of his body through the stomache. people can survive "stabs" to the stomache. aeris was praying last i remember and was knmeeled down, hence, when sephiroth killed her, it went through her back, and may have damaged her spinal collumn. when tifa was sliced across the body, that could result in heavy scarring. as for sephiroth lifting cloud after the stab, people have been known to be lifted by their own wounds/piercings. one example is that last episode of criss angels mindfreak! they also said something about cloud being badly hurt (uhmm.. mr obvious?). there could have been a small chance of living from that.

G SpOtZ
08-07-2005, 11:26 PM
CRISS ANGEL IS A FREAKING PSYCHO! that guy blows david blaine away. david blaine SUX now! hahaha

anyway, you're theory is logical. but there's one flaw. it's not funny. obviously tifa lived because of her melons. and cloud lived because he wanted to live to see tifas melons. that's all there is to it. and aeris just sucked.

Ohhh
08-08-2005, 09:45 AM
...some ones obssessed with Tifas polgon assets...

liamo
08-08-2005, 10:31 AM
aren't all fanboys?

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 10:33 PM
well what's there NOT to be obsessed about? lol just kidding, i'm not ACTUALLY praising them like goddesses, just adds a little comic relief i guess. or something.

Aidan
08-09-2005, 12:13 AM
CRISS ANGEL IS A FREAKING PSYCHO! that guy blows david blaine away. david blaine SUX now! hahaha

anyway, you're theory is logical. but there's one flaw. it's not funny. obviously tifa lived because of her melons. and cloud lived because he wanted to live to see tifas melons. that's all there is to it. and aeris just sucked.

bah, your fake stories make mine look true!!!

your ideas are ore conv9incing to me now, probably onle because you popsted right after me.

Guitar Woman
08-09-2005, 01:00 AM
I wanna know how Cloud expected to fight when he bought that damn sword. It would take FOREVER to swing something that big and heavy, and it would be easily dodged. Then you have to pick it back up, and while you're trying to lift the handle, your enemy could just slit your throat with their teeth. :redface:

G SpOtZ
08-09-2005, 01:14 AM
he didn't buy the sword, it was zacks and he picked it up after zack was attacked or something, i forgot the actual story... ^_^

but either way, he's apparently strong enough to use it regularly and twirl it around his head with one hand. guess he's just super strong like that... and the fmv sequence after you fight sephiroth you see him hanging off of a cliff with one hand, and on the other hand he's not letting tifa drop down, and he actually lifts both of them up over the ledge with ONE HAND O_O

crazy stuff. must be the jenova cells.

Got J-cells?

Guitar Woman
08-09-2005, 01:22 AM
OMG FF9 GOT MILK CAMPAIGN:
http://www.quad9dyne.com/images/FF9_misc/gotziddy.jpg
http://www.quad9dyne.com/images/FF9_misc/gotveev.jpg http://www.zookazook.com/images/kujamilk.jpg

:lol:

MushroomZOMBIE
08-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Cloud would have survied because he's a crazy bastard.I don't know,I have a brain fart today.......

Rengori
08-09-2005, 01:58 AM
http://www.zookazook.com/images/kujamilk.jpg
:lol:

G SpOtZ
08-09-2005, 03:59 AM
http://www.zookazook.com/images/kujamilk.jpg
LOLLLLL SICK AND AWESOME!

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Cloud lived due to penis envy

Cloud Lionheart
08-11-2005, 12:44 AM
hey, wasnt it Zack that got stabbed!

Shoden
08-11-2005, 12:51 AM
because Cloud is cool and Aeris isn't.

Tifa was just sliced in an area that wasn't fatal
Aeris was stabbed as sephiroth jumped adding more pressure to his attack and she died because she sucked also she was flat chested unlike Tifa.

Cloud was stabbed more to the side shoulder area his adrenaline rushed along with his will to live plus his hatred of sephiroth he countered and threw sephiroth and his big long sword into the depths of hell/the reactor

Zack was shot down because he was streaking the soldiers were freaked out and took action while cloud was stoned up to the max in the middle of a trip "....ugh..."

Mercen-X
08-11-2005, 01:55 AM
I don't think Zack was slashed or stabbed. We only see him fly backwards out of the Jenova chamber. I think maybe Sephiroth just hit him really hard. Did he have his sword drawn when guard-Cloud rushed in and stabbe him with the Buster?

G SpOtZ
08-11-2005, 08:45 AM
^^^ i'm not sure. i don't think he did. wait a minute....

sephiroths sword is giant... it's not like he can "draw" it or not, i dunno where he would put it if he didn't want to use it... i think he would just carry it around... that's what i would do. a long sword like that can be really inconvenient, you can't store in a sheath or anything because that sheath would be super long and stuff.

but i think i know what you mean.

and i think he was slashed really badly because he died from it.

Shoden
08-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Zack was shot down because he wasn't cool enoigh cloud just sat there hi as a kite

Ohhh
08-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Zack was shot down because he wasn't cool enoigh cloud just sat there hi as a kite
XD come to think of it.. Cloud was high through out the whole game.. ever since Hojo drugged him up with mako energy and jenova cells..

Shoden
08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
evidence to prove this Cloud: "...ugh..."

Zack didn't die by sephiroth he got shot dead outside of Midgar

Mercen-X
08-18-2005, 08:21 PM

sephiroths sword is giant... it's not like he can "draw" it or not, i dunno where he would put it if he didn't want to use it... i think he would just carry it around... that's what i would do. a long sword like that can be really inconvenient, you can't store in a sheath or anything because that sheath would be super long and stuff.

In the fake flashback, yes, Sephiroth did have his sword drawn. But I think in the real flashback, he's just looking into Jenova's machine, not paying attention and his sword is nowhere near.
If you paid attention to Sephiroth's finale in battle during the fake flashback, you'd see him put the sword in a sheath at his right hip.
Neither Cloud nor Sephiroth actually walk around carrying their swords (although, they didn't have to cheapen the animation like that. They could have just had Cloud's sword on his back like it's supposed to be.)

Pay more attention to the Polygon-rendered cutscenes. The size of Seph's sword in the shorts is its actual size. The size of Sephiroth's sword in Cloud's flashback, in Cloud's imaginary battle at endgame, even Jenova-Sephiroth's sword are all distortions made by Cloud's mind. In reality, the Masamune is simply "eh" sword that no one else can handle.

Note, that never in-game does anyone comment on the outstanding length of Seph's sword. As if it is normal (which it is normal sized). Only Cloud declares early on that "Only Sephiroth can use a sword like this," which doesn't lend any evidence to the actual length of the sword.

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 01:18 AM

In the fake flashback, yes, Sephiroth did have his sword drawn. But I think in the real flashback, he's just looking into Jenova's machine, not paying attention and his sword is nowhere near.
If you paid attention to Sephiroth's finale in battle during the fake flashback, you'd see him put the sword in a sheath at his right hip.
Neither Cloud nor Sephiroth actually walk around carrying their swords (although, they didn't have to cheapen the animation like that. They could have just had Cloud's sword on his back like it's supposed to be.)

Pay more attention to the Polygon-rendered cutscenes. The size of Seph's sword in the shorts is its actual size. The size of Sephiroth's sword in Cloud's flashback, in Cloud's imaginary battle at endgame, even Jenova-Sephiroth's sword are all distortions made by Cloud's mind. In reality, the Masamune is simply "eh" sword that no one else can handle.

Note, that never in-game does anyone comment on the outstanding length of Seph's sword. As if it is normal (which it is normal sized). Only Cloud declares early on that "Only Sephiroth can use a sword like this," which doesn't lend any evidence to the actual length of the sword.
it's still crazy.

Mercen-X
08-19-2005, 06:33 AM
You quoted the entire post just to say that?

BackRoomKid
08-19-2005, 06:38 AM
forgive me if someone already posted this:

I always thought he got stabbed not exactly in the uhhh chestal regions

but near his left shoulder

HENCE, why he wears that shoulder guard over his LEFT shoulder where I assume he was stabbed

or maybe he lost the right one?

Mercen-X
08-19-2005, 06:42 AM
The suit was a spare given to him by Zack. It's always looked like that.

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 08:18 AM
zack gave it to him? i thought zack died.

from the poisonous moogle pie.

Mercen-X
08-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Zack
` Oh here!

Zack
` Put on this!

Zack
` It smells a little though
` don't complain.

Zack
` You look pretty good with that.

Shoden
08-19-2005, 11:58 AM
both of them survived nibelheim they pozed as soldiers but zack got shot but since cloud was hi as a kite he was left there

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
so much for the pie.

Mercen-X
08-19-2005, 09:52 PM
After watching the flashback to get that dialogue, I found that I was wrong about Zack's death. He wasn't shot in the stomach, then head, then stomach. He was shot from afar, then while he was down, shot in the stomach and then in the chest.