PDA

View Full Version : You know who I dont like?

Destai
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
Amarant (FFIX)
Auron (FFX)
Albel Knox (Star Ocean 3)
Magus Zeal(Chrono Trigger)
Solid Snake-Actually hes ok most of the time(metal gear Solid)
and the list goes on....

So what video game characters dont you like?

DragonTU84
08-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I actually like Auron from FF X, and I totally dislike Albel Knox from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time! I cannot believe how he mistreated Tynave and Farleen! :hot: I would have kicked him where it hurts had I been there when he was being so cruel to the poor girls!

Meat Puppet
08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
PACMAN

nah, he's pretty cool most of the time but sometimes he lets his ego WAY out of control and goes about eating ghosts like it's nobodys business

Pure Strife
08-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Rose from MGS2. Every time she actually shut up I went to my happy place.

Navi the navigation fairy from OoT was pretty annoying too.

Dreddz
08-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Kuma : Tekken ( Pandas way better )
Bridget : GGX2
Lucia : DMC 2
and Claire : Resident Evil 2 and CV

blackchocobo9999
08-03-2005, 05:53 PM
since MGs3, Ocelot from 1 and 2 became really boring, and he never did gun tricks, or those cool luck games, and on 1 and 2, he tells Fortune there is no such thing as luck, and he is a old foggie who only cares for himself, he was well better younger

UWAOOOOU
08-03-2005, 06:43 PM
since MGs3, Ocelot from 1 and 2 became really boring, and he never did gun tricks, or those cool luck games, and on 1 and 2, he tells Fortune there is no such thing as luck, and he is a old foggie who only cares for himself, he was well better youngerHe was a terrible show off when he was younger and it was pretty obvious he hadnt much expierience. That was my interpretation of him anyway.

Tidus5
08-03-2005, 06:49 PM
How can you not like Auron or Solid Snake?

I hate Rikku.

Rye
08-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Auron rocked so much. :) I disliked:

FFX: Tidus

FFVII: Aeris (at first, now I kinda like her or at least tolerate her) and Yuffie.

FFVIII: *deep breathe* Quistis, Zell, Selphie and pretty much the majority of the characters in that game, even though I really like it. Most of the main characters majorly sucked.

FFIX: Eiko and Amarant (This game had the most enjoyable characters though, along with FF7, so these guys aren't THAT bad.)

FFX-2: Paine at sometimes.

Tidus5
08-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, Paine was a little too into hardcore girl power.

Rye
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Paine was a little too into hardcore girl power.

FFX-2's amount of girl power disgusted me. It was a good game, but girl powaaaaah bugs me.

Aphelion
08-03-2005, 07:11 PM
SO3: Albel Nox
FFVII: Barret
FFVIII: Quistis
FFIX: Amarant

Those are the characters I'm not very fond of. There're a few more, so I'll update in the near future. :D

Chibi Angel
08-03-2005, 07:45 PM

Selphie from ff8 annoyed me so did Irvine
FF7: Barrett

DJZen
08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Rinoa and Squall. God how I hate them. Don't get me wrong, they rock in a fight, but outside of that, I want to shoot them both in a place that will make them die slowly and painfully.

Also, I used to hate the Queen from Soul Blazer with a passion because she KILLED Dr. LEO!

There's also Peach. How many times can one princess get kidnapped? Sure, she joins the fray in SMB2, but outside of that game, she's the typical useless ingenou who can ever hold her own. Mario's just a fat middle aged plumber with no inherent super powers to speak of. How come he can beat up Bowser Koopa and Peach can't? Unless she really just wants to be with Bowser instead, in which case she's one cold mama.

KentaRawr!
08-03-2005, 11:12 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Navi is a good Character? ;_;

Anyways, I hate Tingle.

I also hate Kireek from PSO. He always stole my kills... EXP Hog...

Lindy
08-03-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/021206.gif

Yuffie514
08-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Auron rocked so much. :) I disliked:

FFVII: Aeris (at first, now I kinda like her or at least tolerate her) and Yuffie.

aw, that's so generous :love: .

i don't like my other [future] selves, from Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. hmph! the only thief in video-game history to turn legit :sweatdrop !

kikimm
08-04-2005, 01:07 AM
-I hate Aeris. I knew she was going somewhere else before I even played the game, and I was ready for it.
-Almost everyone from X-2. Blegh.
-Goofy and Donald from KH. Why did they have to be your partners?
-Manah from Drakengard. But mostly because she forced Furiae to kill herself. I really, really wanted to kill her, and I was glad when I saw a certain cutscene.
-Angela from Silent Hill 2. How annoying.
-Claudia from Silent Hill 3. Vincent was the most awesome character. :mad2:

Those are the ones that I truly hate. Although Manah is a bit different from the rest. Whatever.

:D

rcabronx
08-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Steve from Resident Evil Code Veronica.... a really badly done Leonardo DiCaprio knock off.... loved it when he got all tortured and big and ugly and then he croaked. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :mad: :love: :love: :love:

spartancode117
08-04-2005, 02:38 PM

Navi the navigation fairy from OoT was pretty annoying too.SHUT UP ROSE! *stabs Rose repeatedly eith a knife* I SAID THAT I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE WITH YOU COMING OVER YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ALONE YOU STUPID BEOTCH!!!

Lionx
08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Rinoa and Squall. God how I hate them. Don't get me wrong, they rock in a fight, but outside of that, I want to shoot them both in a place that will make them die slowly and painfully.

There's also Peach. How many times can one princess get kidnapped? Sure, she joins the fray in SMB2, but outside of that game, she's the typical useless ingenou who can ever hold her own. Mario's just a fat middle aged plumber with no inherent super powers to speak of. How come he can beat up Bowser Koopa and Peach can't? Unless she really just wants to be with Bowser instead, in which case she's one cold mama.

Smash Melee? They were pretty cool. however i still dont know HOW Squall and Rinoa became so close playing it again and again.. ._.

Really didnt like FFT:A's clan. The main characters were ok but when you are killing the frabric of the world the live in and they dont object..its like..wth.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 06:34 PM
since MGs3, Ocelot from 1 and 2 became really boring, and he never did gun tricks, or those cool luck games, and on 1 and 2, he tells Fortune there is no such thing as luck, and he is a old foggie who only cares for himself, he was well better youngerHe was a terrible show off when he was younger and it was pretty obvious he hadnt much expierience. That was my interpretation of him anyway.

That is what i like about him, he is inexperianced and is learning how to become a solider, so it is like you are knowing what he was like younger, and he is a lot better to interact with. he actually is learning from Snake, and he isnt as caring only for himself, and you found out why he left Russia and stuff. O, and he looks better too with short, blonde hair and no wrinkles.

Vermachtnis
08-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I do not like Genis from ToS, he only has two good lines "What an ass" and "Haha you got Re-jec-ted!" Everything else out of his mouth was annoying.

Lord Chainsaw
08-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Amarant (FFIX)
Auron (FFX)
and the list goes on....

That is one badass list. I'd agree with most of those up there because the "I'm too badass to give a damn" cliche is driving me up the wall. The simple fact that these characters are the same damn thing is bearable, but when they become so popular it encourages the game makers to churn out these clones. An antithesis such to Auron such as Tidus gets shunned. Video game characters can't all be macho men, or the industry would be a very boring place. One of the reasons why I respect Mario so much. Good list right there, though I have to disagree with Solid Snake because he's such a well done character. Magus, to some extent as well.

I'm going to offer up Dante, Vincent Valentine and Shadow the Hedgehog.

rcabronx
08-05-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm going to offer up Dante, Vincent Valentine and Shadow the Hedgehog.[/color]

Do you mean Dante, as in Devil May Cry Dante? Cuz I think he's dreamy........ :love:

Craig
08-05-2005, 01:22 AM
That annoying fly that follows you around in Onimusha 3.

And Tails from Sonic Adventure 2, only because in the ending when Eggman goes into a big speech about his Grandfather, Tails manages to say "I don't know, but what I do know is, we all did it together!"

GooeyToast
08-05-2005, 01:28 AM
That one guy, over by that one place, in that one game.

Man, what a blabbermouth. :rolleyes2

~Keep it gooey~

Destai
08-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Amarant (FFIX)
Auron (FFX)
and the list goes on....

That is one badass list. I'd agree with most of those up there because the "I'm too badass to give a damn" cliche is driving me up the wall. The simple fact that these characters are the same damn thing is bearable, but when they become so popular it encourages the game makers to churn out these clones. An antithesis such to Auron such as Tidus gets shunned. Video game characters can't all be macho men, or the industry would be a very boring place. One of the reasons why I respect Mario so much. Good list right there, though I have to disagree with Solid Snake because he's such a well done character. Magus, to some extent as well.

I'm going to offer up Dante, Vincent Valentine and Shadow the Hedgehog.I'll accept them gladly. Yes I do like Solid Snake when you play as him mainly and you can see his flaws and goof ups. Admittedly the main problem I had with him was the bashing his fanboys gave Raiden who was a more likeable character for me. But Id still see Magus as another Albel as interesting as Janus was.

Tama2
08-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Voldo - SC2

Polnareff
08-06-2005, 05:36 AM

"Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! Watch out!" :P

As for me....

Banjo (Banjo-Kazooie) How Kazooie could put up with this dumb stereotype of a bear is beyond me. Why couldn't Kazooie be the only main character of the game, so that she (and we) wouldn't have to put up with Banjo and his....crappiness? >_>

Bridget (Guilty Gear XX) I'm not a big fan of boys who dress like and act like girls, and look drunk/high in their character select screen portrait on top of it.

Ky (GG) He's just...boring. His play style, his dialogue, his win quotes, everything about him is plain.

Practically everyone from FF8 except for Raijin and Quistis for some odd reason.

Scumocide (Captain Commando) Just because of his name and his cheapness. A two-hit KO that hits in a large, nigh-unavoidable radius? No thank you, I think I'll go back to Final Fight 3 now, kthnx.

Balio and Sunder (BoF3) Just because they kept torturing poor little Ryu :( Hell, they almost killed him later in the game, but luckily, his dragon power awoke at that time so he didn't die

My list after that would go ad nauseum, forever and ever and ever until after the end of time @_@

Black Mage
08-06-2005, 07:47 AM
-Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) -Whatever.
-Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII) -Talk about Generic. What happened to Seifer, Rinoa? Huh? HUH? (Don't answer that.)
-Zell Dincht (Final Fantasy VIII) -Xtreme to the MAX.
-Irvine Kinneas(Final Fantasy VIII) -No character. And he fails his only purpose in the game. Way to go.
-Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)
-Tidus (Final Fantasy X / X-2)
-Yuna (Final Fantasy X / X-2)
-Rikku (Final Fantasy X / X-2)
-Kimahri (Final Fantasy X / X-2) -It's not so much I hate him, that he's totally useless the whole game.
-Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) -Please. I know you love him. I don't want to hear it any more.
-Strago (Final Fantasy VI) - He's no Tellah, that's for sure.
-Relm (Final Fantasy VI) -Pretty useless and annoying.
-Krile (Cara) Baldesion (Final Fantasy V) -How on earth could she even try to replace Galuf? Impossible. The only one who could do that is Faris, but she was there the whole time.
-Edward (Final Fantasy IV) -I don't believe I need to explain this one.
-Black Belt/Master [Monk] (Final Fantasy / 3) -Not a fan.
-Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) -Though, I did enjoy the party member's constant jokes concerning Llyod's idiocy.
-Luc (Suikoden / II / III ) -He was annoying in the first two, and in the third, well, you know.
-Riou [Hero 2] (Suikoden II) -Compared to Tir McDohl, he just didn't live up to what I expected.
-Hero 4 (Suikoden IV) -No development. At all.

Momiji
08-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Oh...my...God. You suck! All those characters are AWESOME, including Kratos, although he is somewhat an enemy, but he's strong, and he has cool wings. ^_^

Auron...is just... awesome too.

Amarant... meh...

Whatever.

Princess_Yuna
08-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Anna:Tekken
Baralai:FFX-2
Heihachi:Tekken :mad2:

KuRt
08-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Albel (SO3)
Tidus (ffx)