PDA

View Full Version : ITS BEING A BASTARD

Destai
08-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Im trying to download Evangelion episodes over Limewire. Now I downloaded episode 5&6 together and the episodes Im now downloading are in pairs also in the same order. When I try to sample them I get the message

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.
Now Im not sure wether I'll have this problem when Im finished downloading or what this message means but Ive seen this message before with other items and want to know is there an easy solution to this problem? Muchos Grasthias.

Hawkeye
08-04-2005, 01:56 AM
It may be an .avi file, meaning you need to install winamp, which supports .avi files (I believe) Movies and TV shows saved on a computer are typically avi files

Shoeberto
08-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Actually, you just needs codecs.

I like the XP Codec Pack. (http://www.xpcodecpack.com/)

-N-
08-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Dunno if DivX is in that pack, but that's probably what you need.

UWAOOOOU
08-04-2005, 02:12 AM

I like the XP Codec Pack. (http://www.xpcodecpack.com/)I could use that myself. Thanks.

Destai
08-04-2005, 02:20 AM

I like the XP Codec Pack. (http://www.xpcodecpack.com/)Thanks Hsu! Now I can watch Eva to my hearts content :love: I cant wait to meet Asuka!

Max
08-04-2005, 03:33 AM
It is an .avi, it always says that when you preview that type of file.

but when its fully downloaded it workds fine for me :/

TheAbominatrix
08-04-2005, 03:44 AM
In the future, you can also download a program called GSpot Codec appliance, which can determine the player needed and download any audio/video codecs you may need. Its very useful when working with lots of different files from tons of torrents.

Destai
08-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks I'll keep that in mind, all this .avi stuff kinda goes over my head ^^'

Sepho
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
If you're going to download a lot of anime, there's a good chance some of it might be in the OGM file format (it's a format similar to AVI that supposedly does a better job at compressing the video, thus allowing higher audio quality - it also supports seperate subtitle files and multiple audio channels), in which case you'll need a new player. Just thought I'd mention that ahead of time.

Hawkeye
08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
What player would you recommend then?

Flying Mullet
08-04-2005, 04:56 PM
This is what you get for pirating videos. :p

Sepho
08-04-2005, 04:57 PM
The Core Media Player is convenient in that you don't have to manually configure subtitle files, but it's a little buggy. The only other one I've used is BSPlayer. They both work good enough for me. I typically watch all my anime on these players and use Winamp for music.

Shoeberto
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
I highly recommend Media Player Classic, which is distributed with the XP Codec Pack. It's small, fast, and does have support for multiple audio and subtitle streams. Plus you can watch anything in it. I've been downloading flash files and using it to watch them fullscreen. Great stuff.

crono_logical
08-04-2005, 08:37 PM
This is what you get for pirating videos. :pWhat I get out of doing this is learning lots of stuff related to video creating/editing/encoding/decoding/playback on Windows :D

Yamaneko
08-04-2005, 08:41 PM
MPlayer with W32 codecs. :p