PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find ribbons?

Medi
08-04-2005, 02:56 AM
I know, I'm pathetic, this is the second question I've asked today... Anyway, like the title says. Where do you find/get ribbons?

Sapphiresea
08-04-2005, 02:59 AM
What Ribbons?

Medi
08-04-2005, 03:00 AM
I heard that there are these ribbons that protect against a bunch of status effects.

rubah
08-04-2005, 03:12 AM
You find them overseas.

Medi
08-04-2005, 03:17 AM
You find them overseas.

In the international edition? Darn, not much hope for me beating the Malboro Menace I guess.

Masamune·1600
08-04-2005, 04:47 AM
Darn, not much hope for me beating the Malboro Menace I guess.

Aeons are immune to the status effects inflicted by Malboro Menace. Just have one character begin the battle with a First Strike weapon, sub in Yuna, and summon.

And, yes, the Ribbon ability is in the International edition, and cannot be found in the North American version of the game.

abrojtm
08-04-2005, 06:04 AM
It takes a ton of Dark Matter to make anyway, so it's a pain (but neccessary for Dark Aeons).

Big D
08-04-2005, 08:05 AM
"Ribbon" is an ability, not an item - that's where FFX is different from other games in the series. Ribbon is a skill, unique to the PAL version, which can be added to armour. It protects against all status abnormalities, even the powerful status attacks by the Dark Aeons which normally can't be blocked by anything, even Stoneproof, Deathproof and so forth.

I've got a few pieces of armour with this ability, but I won them from Dark Aeon fights. Dark Matter is too valuable to waste on adding this one ability.

Blitz Ace
08-04-2005, 10:42 AM
you need Dark Matter x99 to get Ribbon on an armour, so it is very annoying to get. As Big D mentioned, Dark Aeons drop armour with Ribbon, and i managed to win an armour with ribbon for all my characters from fighting dark aeons...

if you have the celestial weapons, dark matter is pretty useless... i used the 99 dark matter i got for capturing 5 of every monster to customize a shield for tidus with ribbon...

NOTE: dark anima's pain will cause death to a character 100% of the time, regardless of ribbon...

Big D
08-04-2005, 12:26 PM
if you have the celestial weapons, dark matter is pretty useless...But it's utterly awesome for Rikku's Mix attacks.

Medi
08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Darn, not much hope for me beating the Malboro Menace I guess.

Aeons are immune to the status effects inflicted by Malboro Menace. Just have one character begin the battle with a First Strike weapon, sub in Yuna, and summon.

And, yes, the Ribbon ability is in the International edition, and cannot be found in the North American version of the game.

Geez, I'm so dense. I always have Auron in the battle start because he has the Masamune, but then the Malboro Menace casts Putrid Breath and Yuna can't summon because of any status effect. I never thought about switching her in. Thanks masamune1600! : :D

Fireblade13
08-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I don't keep yuna out of my group so I just flee from the menace.

karatehero
08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Why not just put beserkproof and confuseproof on some armor? You could even do poisonproof if you wanted to. If you add darkproof, then thats basically all you need to worry about.

I always kill marlboros with berserkproof and confuseproof.

syun_ukiya
08-05-2005, 02:43 AM
@karata: you can.. but it wastes a lot of space.. and those valuable slots are needed if your planning to defeat the dark aeons. you only need curseproof and ribbon.

if you want to get ribbon real fast.. just beat the hell out of yojimbo.. don't kill him until you have all the ribbon armor you want, plus a curseproof! it takes time.. i got my 1 piece doing the stat maxing tech, 1 from capturing monsters and 1 for yojimbo! you only need 3 for you main 3..

Blitz Ace
08-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Why not just put beserkproof and confuseproof on some armor? You could even do poisonproof if you wanted to. If you add darkproof, then thats basically all you need to worry about.

I always kill marlboros with berserkproof and confuseproof.
for dark aeons, you also need stoneproof... and after that (if you use all the ones you mentioned) you have no slots left for any auto-abilities... it really is more worthwhile getting ribbon... it only takes up one slot and protects against everything.

karatehero
08-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Ahhh, to be able to play the PAL version :(

In my crap-o version there are no dark aeons. Hence I'm happy with just taking up those couple of slots.

tranvanhieu
08-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Ribbon is truly great,but this ability can't protect against Curse(You can't use Overdrive when you are cursed)!
The best way,to get Ribbon is though killing Dark Jojimbo.
You must kill him 5 times in order to kill him forever(chase him from end of the Cave to the exit ).
But just kill him 4 times!Then board the Airship,then go back and continue to kill.
Kill Dark Jojimbo is not hard,but you should use Jojimbo's Zanmato for a quick battle.To force him use his final attack you have to train him(always give him about 2000 gil or more each times he ask for money,you should train him through 20-30 battle and never give less money to him).When fighting Dark Jojimbo,you don't have to pay a high price now(just 2000 as usual).He's very loyalty now ^______^
Each time you kill Dark Jojimbo u will get an weapon or an armour has rare ability.Kill him til you get all the armour have Ribbon for all your characters.