PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate.

Shoeberto
08-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Burger King's "Chicken Fries" commercial.

Coke's pathetic attempt at reviving the whole "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" thing.

Now you go.

ZeZipster
08-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Those ringtone commercials... I can't believe people are stupid enough to buy them. Oh, and yeah the "Chicken Fries" commercial is the soul reason I will never eat Burger King's again.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 04:01 AM
That really long "male enhancement" commercial. Like four minutes of some swollen-throated announcer using sports metaphors to tell you all about the improvements available to your stamina or girth or whatever it is he's trying to get across.

Tama2
08-04-2005, 04:01 AM

I HATE that commercial. I can't watch or listen to it.

GooeyToast
08-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Mc Donalds, Rally's, anything wth rap

~Keep it gooey~

XxSephirothxX
08-04-2005, 04:22 AM
I absolutely hate the Enzyte male enhancement commercials. "This is Bob!"

Oh yeah, Bob? Why don't you just DIE? Not to mention how horribly annoying the elevator music in the background is, or the horrible, horrible sexual puns. GAH! >_<

Meat Puppet
08-04-2005, 05:09 AM
I hate the ones that keep trying to take over my mind.

Oh wait.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2005, 05:17 AM
McDonald's 'i'm lovin' it' campaign. They're well proper Bri'ish, innit? So I go to Burger King instead, where they proudly have an American theme.

Any and all Esure insurance commercials.

But most of all, Jamster's commercials. I hate them so much. I hate them so much. It makes me violent. I can taste bile as I simply type about it.

Miriel
08-04-2005, 05:39 AM
The Carl's Jr. commerical featuring the oh so skanky Paris Hilton. Way to ruin a person's appetite.

Del Murder
08-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Most McDonalds and Carls Jr Commercials are dumb.

DMKA
08-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Kids Bop... ;__;

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 08:52 AM
McDonald's 'i'm lovin' it' campaign. They're well proper Bri'ish, innit?Sounds like the campaign you've been seeing has been different from the one I have.

Rase
08-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Kids Bop... ;__;

Necronopticous
08-04-2005, 09:03 AM
The commercial for that driving game that plays about 12 times every Tuesday when I watch Stella on Comedy Central. I don't know what game it is, but at the end some 28 year old guy playing a high school student stands up and yells "AWESOME!!!"

It embarasses me.

silverpigeon97
08-04-2005, 10:55 AM
McDonald's 'i'm lovin' it' campaign. They're well proper Bri'ish, innit? So I go to Burger King instead, where they proudly have an American themetype about it.
you do know that burger king is actually english.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 11:03 AM
You do know that <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_King">that isn't true</a>.

Dreddz
08-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Cillet Bang.....

tailz
08-04-2005, 02:05 PM
ringtone stuff that stupid stuff for borrwoing money taht you see every 5 seconds

Rye
08-04-2005, 02:11 PM
*Deep breathe* This list will be long:

-The "This is Bob" Male Enchancement Commercials

-Ringtone commercials. Okay, we don't care if you have 1,000 versions of Crazy Frog.

-The prostate commercials (IT'S GOOD TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PROSTATE, KTHNX?! = A bit annoying)

-Kids Bop (They turn awful songs and a few good songs horrible, and the kids can't even sing)

-Those clothing commercials where the emphasis cliques and stuff in school and promote it.

-Male Razor Commercials. The ones with this guy with a freaking HUGE head and a giant cleft (tee-hee, butt chins) kissing this girl and she's all like "Ooooh, your face is soooooooo smoooooooth"

-Tampon commercials. Like, the ones where this girl is in class and she takes out a tampon and the teacher is like "Candy? I hope you have enough for everyone!" and she's all like "Only for the girls" and all the girls are like "Tee-hee, tee-hee, we have periods"

I could go on and on. Silly cliched commercials. :( The only really good commercials are the Geico ones and the Burger King ones, especially the ones with that King and the old one which I never see anymore with the guy who's all like "Ahm SPICE-AAAAAY" in a high voice.

Hawkeye
08-04-2005, 02:12 PM
The quiznos commercials with the stupid rats. I wanted to strangle them

spartancode117
08-04-2005, 02:21 PM

I HATE that commercial. I can't watch or listen to it.''Nod Yo' Head!" But seriously, the only thing worse than commercials is... PAID PROGRAMMING! ITS LIKE A FRICKIN COMMERCIAL MARATHON FOR THE SAME DANG THING! GAHH! :irked:

edczxcvbnm
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
FUCK YOU! Chef Tony is the man!

Having defended the Honor of Chef Tony's infomercials and the awesome power of the Miricle Blade III...Car commecials piss me off the most.

"Watch us make this car look so damn cool by doing things that 99.9% of the population will never ever do such as going 100 MPH.

faster skating penguin
08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
That Target commecial where they parody "Baby Got Back" and turn it into a song about buying stupid school <b>*boop*</B>

YOU DONT <B>*boop*</b> WITH SIR MIX-A-LOT YOU DIRTY BASTARDS

<B>EDIT: Please do not go around the swear filter. -Murder</b>

Roxula
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
The tampon ones
that one condom commercial on MTV
Burger king chicken fries
Mc donald's i'm lovin it
and my least favorite one...
Buy barney the dinosaur colume 1 to 5 in a store nearest you

Rye
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
That Target commecial where they parody "Baby Got Back" and turn it into a song about buying stupid school SHlT

YOU DONT FU(K WITH SIR MIX-A-LOT YOU DIRTY BASTARDS

So true. xD

Maxico
08-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh god, the English McDonalds adverts have such bad acting. It physically hurts me to think about it.

And adverts for something called Treseme (some hair product). Especially the way he says, "Look at YOOOOU" in a way only an effeminate hairdresser can.

Doomie
08-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Long ones.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
-Kids Bop (They turn awful songs and a few good songs horrible, and the kids can't even sing)I'd think people would be more concerned about the kids dancing seductively and singing songs about getting it on.

Burger King's "Chicken Fries" commercial.''Nod Yo' Head!"It's "Bob Your Head." The whole point is that they're selling chicken fries, and chickens bob their heads.

Shoden
08-04-2005, 08:47 PM
the god damn crazy frog

Selphie Fan
08-05-2005, 04:54 AM
The verizon wireless commercials. They drive me insane. AND those paid programming things.

GooeyToast
08-05-2005, 04:58 AM
"If you wanna fresher house, raise your paw......"

~Keep it gooey~

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-10-2005, 01:59 AM
There's this KFC commercial for a miniature chicken sandwich that costs a dollar. It has two guys walking along a sidewalk just outside a Wal-Mart or something; one of the guys has one of these sandwiches, and points offscreen and says, "Who would pay a dollar for THAT when you can get THIS for ninety-nine cents?"

What gets to me is that it's never shown what the guy is pointing at. At this point, I desperately want to know what it is he thinks isn't worth a dollar so much as his stupid sandwich is.

eestlinc
08-10-2005, 02:01 AM
not like you could actually pay 99 cents, after tax and all.

Rye
08-10-2005, 02:02 AM
There's this KFC commercial for a miniature chicken sandwich that costs a dollar. It has two guys walking along a sidewalk just outside a Wal-Mart or something; one of the guys has one of these sandwiches, and points offscreen and says, "Who would pay a dollar for THAT when you get get THIS for ninety-nine cents?"

What gets to me is that it's never shown what the guy is pointing at. At this point, I desperately want to know what it is he thinks isn't worth a dollar so much as his stupid sandwich is.

What worries me more about that commercial is the fact that 99 cents and a dollar is the same thing and that they think they can fool viewers with their "one cent less" deal.

DMKA
08-10-2005, 05:59 AM
There's this KFC commercial for a miniature chicken sandwich that costs a dollar. It has two guys walking along a sidewalk just outside a Wal-Mart or something; one of the guys has one of these sandwiches, and points offscreen and says, "Who would pay a dollar for THAT when you can get THIS for ninety-nine cents?"

I thought I was the only one with enough time on my hands to feel this. xD

Markus. D
08-11-2005, 10:36 AM
that tight ass add about mcain lesagne jingle going to the tune of the macarena.

ewwww and all of those elderly ittalian woman stereotypes. :rolleyes2

Excelsior
08-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Has anyone seen that really long Fanta commercial with the Fantanas? and its like they have a cd or something, and they play the same song over and over but try and divide it into different songs? And not only that, but that song is horrible, and those girls are ugly. Thats got to be the most obnoxious commerical ive ever seen

Zeldy
08-11-2005, 12:06 PM
I havnt seen it for a while.. But i watch alot of channel 4 and that advert advertising that "e4 is now on CABLE, SATELITE and now.. FREEVIEW!" And like.. a 10 minute advert on this thing that dosn't even exist

I dont really watch adverts..

T-MaN
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I am seriously hating the McDonald commercials now. They constantly play the same one again and again, and it goes to a point where you go mad and want to destroy the commercials.

spartancode117
08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
-Kids Bop (They turn awful songs and a few good songs horrible, and the kids can't even sing)I'd think people would be more concerned about the kids dancing seductively and singing songs about getting it on.

Burger King's "Chicken Fries" commercial.''Nod Yo' Head!"It's "Bob Your Head." The whole point is that they're selling chicken fries, and chickens bob their heads. who cares???

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
If you're going to hate something, you should at least understand what it is first.

Shoden
08-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Mcdonalds, ringtones and baby video ads

SomethingBig
08-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Subway commercials. I don't think people will go to Subway everyday after seeing the mascot say, "Eat here. McDonald's is crappily fatty."

Sephex
08-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah, those ringtones commercials piss me off as well.

"TEXT 7654 FIR TUPAK, MUTHA****ER!!!!!"

Pretty much, and commercial that tries too hard to be hip and cool gets to me as well.

T-MaN
08-11-2005, 09:27 PM
commercial that tries too hard to be hip and cool gets to me as well.

Seconded.

Lord Chainsaw
08-12-2005, 02:45 AM
I've really, really been bothered by these car companies. One starts an employee discount, and they all follow suit. Now I can't get through a single commercial break without seeing at least two of these damn GM employee discount commercials. While the commercial itself isn't the worst thing on television, the frequency of it more than makes up for that.

I was hoping, praying, waiting for August 1st because that was the day the employee discount would end and I would finally be free of these stupid commercials. It was supposed to end sooner than that, but they extended it to August 1st. Now they extended it into September. I'm gonna kill someone.

kikimm
08-12-2005, 02:50 AM
I hate the one where this guy makes pants for his girlfriend before he leaves on a trip somewhere. The music is so irritating, and it's way too long. Also, I was watching Adult Swim for two hours, and every single commercial break, it would play.

Christ.

:D

Mo-Nercy
08-12-2005, 02:50 AM
I don't think this ad airs out of Australia. But I hate the WokStar commercial so bad.

Mr. Graves
08-12-2005, 04:53 AM
Any Old Navy commercial. They're so bad that I avoid the stores just for the chain's horrible, horrible advertising campaign(s).

DMKA
08-14-2005, 06:43 AM
If you're going to hate something, you should at least understand what it is first.
Truth, but Kids Bop really isn't that case...the Kids Bop CDs are songs that they've found are popular with kids and they always say "THESE ARE THE SONGS THAT KIDS ARE SINGING!"...so I mean, they're already singing the songs, their just giving them this watered-down reinforcement of those songs and annoying the hell out of the rest of us.

Oh, and I forgot what commercials I hate far more than the Kids Bop commercials, and thats the latest Army commercials they've been airing, with real bad acting in these corny ass scenes between people in/joining the Army with their parents. And the Fanta commercials with those annoying singing transvestites are pretty damn painful too.

Karl
08-14-2005, 08:04 AM
basically everything everyone has said, and i espessially hate those damn pinky salute mcdonalds commercials, o yea and that army commercial with the guy that says he works with computers, the army guy's "friends" in that commercial are such assholes, it just gets to me

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 10:22 AM
"Join the Army so you can experience cathartic life-changing events no civilian could possibly understand! Those stupid civilians!"
I hate the one where this guy makes pants for his girlfriend before he leaves on a trip somewhere. The music is so irritating, and it's way too long. Also, I was watching Adult Swim for two hours, and every single commercial break, it would play.

Christ.I love that song.

Peegee
08-15-2005, 12:20 PM
I dispise commercials where it depicts a woman doing actions to a man which when reversed (ie man doing same to woman) would output a torrent of angry feminists and nonsense.

Incidentally this hasn't stopped even though I'm in Hong Kong.

Examples include Mike's hard lemonade commercial where a woman beats a man up for hitting on her. In fact it's still in the webpage.

filipina
08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
:eek: that jingle really stinks.....paparappapa i'm lovin' it?!!!!!wahhhh with a big "M"?!!!!!

Shoeberto
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
The ESPN Hollywood commercials. It just gets played over and over again.